Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies with a wintry mix (Read 29 times)

delicate flower

It's early, so wake up!  Boy did I have a lousy night of sleep last night.  Oh well...whatevs.  Nap later will fix that.

I am off to Raceville now.  Speak up!

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Having my pre-race coffee & bagel. No wintry mix here, just lots of rain yesterday that headed up to Baboon in a different form. Hoping to at least break the skid that has been my last 4 halfs--each one slower than the last.

LRB

Hi.

It's been a tough road to hoe, but I may have finally adjusted my body clock after 21 discombobulating days. Well, if not, I feel better than I have in a long while.

Anyway, I have just a short jog on the schedule this morning. I hate that my Q workouts are during the week and not on Saturday or Sunday as they have been since I began speed work in 2013, but as with the time change, eventually, I will adjust. Probably.

onemile

Hi.

It's been a tough road to hoe, but I may have finally adjusted my body clock after 21 discombobulating days. Well, if not, I feel better than I have in a long while.

Anyway, I have just a short jog on the schedule this morning. I hate that my Q workouts are during the week and not on Saturday or Sunday as they have been since I began speed work in 2013, but as with the time change, eventually, I will adjust. Probably.

You could ask Maggie to give you Saturday workouts.  Sometimes I get a Saturday workout and Sunday long run. Like this week.

Last fall I asked Addie for Saturday long runs for a bit so I could run with the group

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  At the airport on my way to Raleigh. First RD in 10 days, yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

You could ask Maggie to give you Saturday workouts.  Sometimes I get a Saturday workout and Sunday long run. Like this week.

Last fall I asked Addie for Saturday long runs for a bit so I could run with the group

Ditto that - coach will adjust to the schedule you want.

Run speedy Babs and 1/2k 2.0

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I've considered it but will let it ride. Since it's not MRT, the workouts are usually an hour or less so I can fit them in before work. Saturday at the track was more of a ritual than anything else, I'll get over it.

An idea I've been toying with though is doing speed work later in the day or in the evenings. There is a drastic difference in my easy pace and in the ease of attaining a target pace when my body is fully awake, versus running at the ass crack of dawn. It's really weird.

onemile

An idea I've been toying with though is doing speed work later in the day or in the evenings. There is a drastic difference in my easy pace and in the ease of attaining a target pace when my body is fully awake, versus running at the ass crack of dawn. It's really weird.

I have the same problem. I usually feel awful and my paces are slower in the morning. So I don't think it's weird at all. I don't know if it's dehydration or something? I do feel a little better if I can drink a couple cups of coffee and wait til later AM.  But I always feel so much better running after noon!

I do feel okay for races in the AM but I am up three hours before race time, eating and drinking and waking up

Wintry mix, HAHAHAHA! Thank god only 5 today, 68 DP. Last day here; if I lived here, I would definitely give up this shit.

MTA: Good luck Babs & HCK, may the running gods be with you!

Dave

LRB

Morning!  At the airport on my way to Raleigh. First RD in 10 days, yay.

Safe travels.

LRB

Ditto that - coach will adjust to the schedule you want.

Run speedy Babs and 1/2k 2.0

Yes, they are both due to kill some shit.

LRB

I have the same problem. I usually feel awful and my paces are slower in the morning. So I don't think it's weird at all. I don't know if it's dehydration or something? I do feel a little better if I can drink a couple cups of coffee and wait til later AM.  But I always feel so much better running after noon!

I do feel okay for races in the AM but I am up three hours before race time, eating and drinking and waking up

Right.

LRB

Wintry mix, HAHAHAHA! Thank god only 5 today, 68 DP. Last day here; if I lived here, I would definitely give up this shit.

Oof.

Well I always run in the morning; if I roll out of bed and run, it's a ridiculous slog. But typically on weekdays there's a 30 min drive and 2 cups of coffee, not to mention a ~3-mile warmup. By the time I actually get to any speedwork it's about 2 hours and fully caffeinated.

Dave

No more marathons

I've considered it but will let it ride. Since it's not MRT, the workouts are usually an hour or less so I can fit them in before work. Saturday at the track was more of a ritual than anything else, I'll get over it.

The only time I run in the mornings is my long(ish) run on the weekend - or races.

Most of my week day runs are at lunch, and occasionally after work.

Even now I'm procrastinating like crazy before heading out.  Smile

Have 11 on the schedule.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!