Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

Still shaking my damn head...

LRB

Sup.

I ran 5. It was sunny and 40 and perfect running weather. I resisted the temptation to extend the run, choosing instead to let my legs continue to recover from last weekend's shenanigans. Because more shenanigans are to follow. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40 miles with some sweet-assed weather.  It was 61 with just a light wind, and I smiled for 2.5 hours.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

I am far from a master at tapering, and now I'm attempting a half-taper: I want to rest for my HM, but it is too early to start resting for my marathon 

Cyberic

Good morning!

I smiled for 2.5 hours.

Have a great day!

Nice!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Taper, bah.  I don't know what to do with myself last week and this one.  At least I'm running more than last week so I don't feel like I've lost all my training...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

WOWIE ZOWIE it is Wednesday!  rofl

I swam 2400 yards before work.  It was a hard effort the entire time and the fastest swim I've had in a while, and now my upper body is tired.  I've got a light tempo workout tonight, and thanks for the reminder...I need to program that workout and send it to my Garmin.

<3

2mi modest hill repeats.... think Hams fine, tomorrow a real test.

while from Friday to Sunday morning I had gained 5 pounds, from Sunday morning to this morning I lost 5.3😛

LRB

I am far from a master at tapering, and now I'm attempting a half-taper: I want to rest for my HM, but it is too early to start resting for my marathon 

Well the intensity of the race should more than make up for cutting back a bit on mileage heading into it.

onemile

Well the intensity of the race should more than make up for cutting back a bit on mileage heading into it.

yeah, it will be a giant workout

Cyberic

2mi modest hill repeats.... think Hams fine, tomorrow a real test.

while from Friday to Sunday morning I had gained 5 pounds, from Sunday morning to this morning I lost 5.3😛

Don't you think that is water weight or something?

I used to go up and down weight from 176-7 to 190 in the same week when I was a younger adult: I would eat well, drink well, sleep well, train hard all week and weigh about 190 on Thursday evening, and then drink myself senseless, sleep on friend's couches, and barely eat all weekend long and weigh close to 175 on Sunday evening. But that was not "real" weight. It was mostly water and shit weight IMO.

I don't think people go up and down 5 pounds of real weight (bones, muscle and fat) in one week.

6 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Don't you think that is water weight or something?

I used to go up and down weight from 176-7 to 190 in the same week when I was a younger adult: I would eat well, drink well, sleep well, train hard all week and weigh about 190 on Thursday evening, and then drink myself senseless, sleep on friend's couches, and barely eat all weekend long and weigh close to 175 on Sunday evening. But that was not "real" weight. It was mostly water and shit weight IMO.

I don't think people go up and down 5 pounds of real weight (bones, muscle and fat) in one week.

Women do, and often.  Even more than 5lbs in a week.  But I agree, not real weight; swelling, etc.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Yeah, thanks LRB and Onemile. Funny how sometimes I need to hear the obvious from somebody else. I'll overthink things and become confused.

delicate flower

Woman do, and often.  Even more than 5lbs in a week.  But I agree, not real weight; swelling, etc.

I'm usually 3-5 pounds heavier every Monday than I am the previous Friday.  I blame weekend eating and all the sodium that goes with it.  Usually by Wednesday that weight is back down once I've had a few days to flush all of that out.  That being said, I am up five pounds since my Boston taper.  I need to lose that.  It is real weight.

<3