Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Offering $100.00 To All Members - Inquire Within (Read 302 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!                 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Good morning, people! Thanks for starting the thread already, Rick.

I'm heading to the TM in about forty-five minutes to do sixteen quarter-mile repeats.

Weezer88

Y'all come back now, ya' hear?

I just watched the Beverly Hillbillies and they were talking about jogging.  Ironic.  Getting some coffee right now and later I'll get some miles in when it lightens up a bit.  Next up is Petticoat Junction.  I love these old shows.

Have a GREAT Thursday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

flarunner

Mornin' kidlets!

LRB, You: So. Not. Right. Oh, and now I KNOW you're just being a goof. Wink

Well, a cold front came through yesterday. Cold being a relative term. Had about a 12 degree drop in temps from yesterday morning to this morning. All the way down to 53*. Oh, and it's windy too. See, this is why I moved down here. Even when it's "cold" here, it ain't nowhere near cold like it is up there! Smile

Did 5 miles. Was supposed to be a tempo run, but I just couldn't get going. Fell into a nice relaxed pace and kinda stayed there. I'm blaming the Christmas lights that are still up and on. Oh look, shiny stuff.

Have a great day! Stay safe and warm!

Weezer, have a great run.

flatrunner, excellent job on the five.

I did seventeen quarter-mile repeats. My legs felt so good, I threw an extra into the workout.

Jeepofspades

Good morning, LRB, Basya, Weezer, flatrunner!

Looking like a URD Sad need to work on jeep plow lights not working.

had 3 driveways lined up but no snow just slush that will be melted by the time I get out of work.

runmomto3boys

LRB: OMG, the Joker cat freaked me out.  Big grin  Good morning!

Basya:I hope those repeats go well this AM!   ETA: THEY DID! Woot - well done!

David: Someone must be on vacay...watching old reruns!  Enjoy your coffee and your run this PM.

Flarunner: Great job on the 5 in those "frigid" (bwahahaahaha) temps!  Well done!

I'm going to test out the knee later tonight to see if the PT cured me of all that ails me.  I am planning on doing some short loops close to home in case I have to bail on the run. If it doesn't go well, he promised to get me in tomorrow no matter what for another evaluation/round of treatment.  Is it time to run yet?  I want to know how the knee is doing and patience is not my strong suit.

delicate flower

HELLO THURSDAY!  Everybody make it into work ok?  OK then.  We got about eight inches of misc winter weather crap on the ground this morning, which made for a fun drive into work.  I have one of the longest commutes, yet I am the first one in the office this morning.  Bunch of slackers around here.

10.3 miles on the treadmill last night.  I decided I'd run 90 minutes and the distance is what it is.  8:43 avg pace with a negative split...slight progression the last five miles.  Pretty easy effort.  More of the same planned tonight.

Have a humdinger of a Thursday!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Working from home today.  5 miles or thereabouts tonight.  I'm so sore from the weights yesterday, oops.

Poor cat there, LRB!

Basya, David, flarunner, RMTB, Jeep, baboon, have great runs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope the knee is okay, RM2   !!!!

StepbyStep-SH

I'm back to my early morning routine, so I went to the Y this morning for intervals.  6.76 miles in an hour, with 5x1000 at paces of 8:06, 8:00, 8:00, 7:55ish, and 7:53. I probably should have skipped the last two, as I was getting some discomfort in my right hamstring, but everything else was feeling good. I also had some stiffness in my back after stepping off the TM - not sure what that is about, unless it has to do with wearing shoes yesterday that are nearing retirement. And the shoes I use at the gym may need replaced soon; they don't have that many miles on them, but I also use them for my strength training classes and have been using them for about a year now.

Today my MOMS group is supposed to be taking the kids to a gymnastics studio to play for a couple of hours - it is DS's favorite outing of the year. But unfortunately, he had a fever yesterday and while it is lower this morning and he feels a bit better, it isn't gone. I hate for him to miss the fun day, but that might be the smart thing, both for him and the other kids. no Instead we may make a trip to the library to reload on books and videos, since we've read/seen all of them we have now.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning LRB, Basya, Weezer, flarunner, Jeep, Heidi, Phil, D, Jerry, Step.

LRB, the cat woke me up more than my coffee would. Yikes.

Basya, nice work on the repeats!

Weezer, Phil, D, enjoy your runs today.

Heidi, good luck! I hope the knee behaves.

Step, nice run.

I'm hoping for 4 or 5 after work. It's going to be messy outside but I want to wear my new pants!!! We only got a couple inches of snow last night, but sleet gave everything a nice icy coating so it was a little hairy getting to work. My neighborhood was a mess but the main roads were fine. I'm hoping the rain we're going to get this morning will melt most of it before I go for my run.

Jess runs for bacon

Where's my $100?

Four miles on the TM tonight, then I have to dash to the shower and get over to a party. I get a massage today at lunch, here's hoping it'll help my knee out (which doesn't really hurt today, of course).

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the morning, All - Happy Thursdailies!

LRB, where's my C-note?

RMT3B - good luck with your run today, and be sure to ease into it.

Looking at about 5 this afternoon on the moderate hills of Springfield Road!  It's a bit chilly out right now so I'm going to clean up and head out to the grocery store to replenish my supplies this morning.

Coffee's ready, who needs a cup?

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54