Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Offering $100.00 To All Members - Inquire Within (Read 302 times)

Chairman

Hmm, yes.  I'm in Maine.  The day before it started acting up, I went for my first real snow run.  Cut it short after 3 miles because of the bad road conditions.  And actually fell a couple of times, which is what I first blamed for the pain when it cropped up 1 mile into my run the next day, also in snow.  Wouldn't that be something, if that was the culprit.

It's possible for one run to do you in. One time, I developed some ITB discomfort after doing an approximately 4 mile downhill run at a fast pace. A couple of, the onset coincided with heavy snowfalls. In my case, it never got real bad or anything. A week or two off, and I was fine.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

delicate flower

Six days of hard Utah skiing crammed into the middle of marathon training was too much for my ITB earlier this year.  About two weeks of not running took care of it, and I eased back into my training.  Between the ski trip and the ITB issue, I missed a good chunk of February. 

<3

delicate flower

I really like the sharp bitterness of fresh arugula.  Just sayin'.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  My HM on Saturday has been cancelled.  Boo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Ran an easy 5 last night.  Was my first run wearing leggings this winter.  Really helped my legs feel good, I think!   Some of the hills I normally dread felt like butter.

Have 3 miles and abs on the docket for later tonight after work.

LRB

1 hour of shoveling snow +

4 miles on the treadmill +

45 minutes of PT =

1 big ass bottle of wine and a shit load of cheese & crackers like the days of marathon training!

Happy days are here again!

@runjerseygirl

^ Nothing but water and Gatorade for me for a while.  2 full days of heavy drinking has taken its toll on me.

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

LRB, nice work today Smile You've earned that wine!

Damaris, what happened?

I'm feeling run down as the day goes on so I'm going to skip my run tonight. It feels like the right thing to do.

Docket_Rocket

Not sure.  Not very happy about it but what can I do?  This was going to be a fun run anyway, so nothing lost except money.

LRB, nice work today Smile You've earned that wine!

Damaris, what happened?

I'm feeling run down as the day goes on so I'm going to skip my run tonight. It feels like the right thing to do.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

^ Nothing but water and Gatorade for me for a while.  2 full days of heavy drinking has taken its toll on me.

Sounds like you could use a drink, otherwise known as hair of the dog!

@runjerseygirl

Sounds like you could use a drink, otherwise known as hair of the dog!

You're a bad influence.

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

I got 5.1 chilly miles in, including a moderate hill X2, and a 0.1 mile sprint at 7:01 pace. Overall pace, 9:30. A respectable run for me. Probably be hitting the treadmill tomorrow and/or Saturday, rest Sunday, and race Monday evening. Back to work tomorrow.

Kay, give your body a break. I had some pretty good fun in Jacksonville over the weekend, involving beer. Overindulging can take a little spring out of your step.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

You're a bad influence.

I prefer my other name; Enabler.

Docket_Rocket

You are an enabling bad influence.

I prefer my other name; Enabler.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

You are an enabling bad influence.

I like that!