Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Offering $100.00 To All Members - Inquire Within (Read 302 times)

@runjerseygirl

You are an enabling bad influence.

He gets away with it because he's charming.

Do you even run?

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm weenie-ing it out and heading to the gym. Think I'll do a tempo run to make it fun. Ish.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Truth.

He gets away with it because he's charming.

LRB

Dreamer

"Training is not always fun, but it should always be rewarding."

Miles to go

This taking it easy early in the week thing is paying dividends.  Went out for 7 and ended up with 8.25.

PRs: 5K: 25:35 / 10K: 53:03 / 10mi: 1:26:15 / HM: 1:55:02

Ghettopops

Heidi, sorry to hear about the knee. I have issues that I am refusing to deal with and running through them Sad.

Did a 7 mile jog and then picked up daughter and jogged 4 more with her. We are running a 10k New Years morning.

LRB

Dreamer

There are four bottles of wine in this bad boy...

Imma bout to see how many of 'em I can drank!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

9 miles done on the TM this morning - 4 easy, 4 moderate, 1 MP. My streak is up to 31 days, a full month of running. Despite the run, this morning was a disaster. I used the new snow blower, which was great....until I plowed over the electric wire for the Christmas lights. Ughh! I also did my third day of Christmas, this time with my dad. I'm spent! Hopefully I can catch up with everyone tomorrow.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

LRB

Dreamer

The slide board is one of the exercises that I do during every PT session:

Oddly, it was very awkward the first day I tried it, but my hips have since gotten used to the movement and I am ready to try it on the longer board.

There was a time when this exercise would have given my no problem, but not playing baseball for 7 years has had an effect on my lateral hip strength and fluidity.

I also "run" sideways on the treadmill, among other things.  For those of you not doing any side to side movements, I suggest you include a few before you end up like me.

@runjerseygirl

I used to do these when I played hockey.  Best way to improve skating performance without actually being on the ice.

The slide board is one of the exercises that I do during every PT session:

Oddly, it was very awkward the first day I tried it, but my hips have since gotten used to the movement and I am ready to try it on the longer board.

There was a time when this exercise would have given my no problem, but not playing baseball for 7 years has had an effect on my lateral hip strength and fluidity.

I also "run" sideways on the treadmill, among other things.  For those of you not doing any side to side movements, I suggest you include a few before you end up like me.

Do you even run?

kristin10185

I race in SparkleSkirts

LTB what is your injury?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:21:47 (10/12/13)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Dreamer

I used to do these when I played hockey.  Best way to improve skating performance without actually being on the ice.

You played ice hockey?  That's impressive!

Here is that which I must master:

@runjerseygirl

You played ice hockey?  That's impressive!

Here is that which I must master:

Yes sir.  Varsity team all 4 years in HS, starting goalie for 2.  I'll have to see if I can dig up a few pics.

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

For those of you not doing any side to side movements, I suggest you include a few before you end up like me.

I did plenty of "side to side" movements at my nephew's wedding last month! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:55:21

LRB

Dreamer

LTB what is your injury?

I don't have an injury per se, I have a muscle imbalance in my glutes, adductors and abductors.  That imbalance is the root cause of intermittent hip pain on my right side.