Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 21 times)

30 min pool mix, time to change approach again… so pool mix on work days

Docket_Rocket

Wow.

Only because my mileage has been horrid. Otherwise I would do a 12 week plan. 🤦‍♀️

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

yeah there is no way I am hitting my paces faster and more consistently in the 70s lol

Apparently I tried last week at the Memorial Day 5K In 62F and I suck in that weather. 🤦‍♀️

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Official results finally posted; won my AG by nearly 10 minutes, lol. I did not see too many old guys in the "A" corral where I started. I noticed one guy after the start, who was actually right behind me all the way, till maybe 17ish when I started to slow down, he passed me for good. I found him after the race and was grateful to hear he was 54, so just barely out of my AG. He thanked me for pacing him...glad to be of service. Turned out he finished at 3:19:40, so I guess he had the same goal but made it.

Dave

LRB

Apparently I tried last week at the Memorial Day 5K In 62F and I suck in that weather. 🤦‍♀️

A sustained effort is another story entirely! If I beat the sun and the air isn't thick, summer intervals are generally tolerable...or were.

Official results finally posted; won my AG by nearly 10 minutes, lol. I did not see too many old guys in the "A" corral where I started. I noticed one guy after the start, who was actually right behind me all the way, till maybe 17ish when I started to slow down, he passed me for good. I found him after the race and was grateful to hear he was 54, so just barely out of my AG. He thanked me for pacing him...glad to be of service. Turned out he finished at 3:19:40, so I guess he had the same goal but made it.

👏👏👏

onemile

A sustained effort is another story entirely! If I beat the sun and the air isn't thick, summer intervals are generally tolerable...or were.

I feel like I am getting worse and worse at tolerating the heat every year. 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Yeah, me too.  The older I get, the colder the winters and the hotter the summers.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Moving out here has probably made me even less tolerant to running in the heat than I already was. I start to melt at 60. I will say I don’t really want to live anywhere else anymore. Relatively easy winters and summers. I’ll take the gray and drizzle as the tradeoff. And hills. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Same. As I got older, I could tolerate it less and less. I remember when I used to run 20 milers in 80+, sunny and humid. I can't even do that above 65F anymore without serious walking.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I usually hit the summer wall in mid to late august and start wondering about fatigue and low iron/ferritin and get all kinds of blood tests. I think this year, we had an extremely unusually warm spring and you might be feeling the effects of that. Or not.

LRB

Same. As I got older, I could tolerate it less and less I got less stupid. I remember when I used to run 20 milers in 80+, sunny and humid. I can't even do that above 65F anymore without serious walking.

FYP

I usually hit the summer wall in mid to late august and start wondering about fatigue and low iron/ferritin and get all kinds of blood tests. 

After yesterday’s result, I am wondering about all that stuff right now. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

After yesterday’s result, I am wondering about all that stuff right now. 

What was your weather yesterday? I thought I'd read about it in your RR...

Docket_Rocket

FYP

That's it! I've become wiser!

Damaris

Fundraising Page