Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Wind Cold & Snow - One of them has to go (Read 33 times)

LRB

'Sup, Fam.

It looks pretty depressing out there and I am sitting here trying to find the motivation to go do Stupid.

Last Sunday I happily went with the treadmill but this week I'm not feeling that quite so much.

Drat.

Maybe I should have a drink first. lol

Cyberic

It's actually a nice day here: cloudy, very little snow falling, and mild tempa while still below freezing point. The ground conditions are still shitty, though. Very uneven icy surface, but whatever. I'll be heading out in a little bit to run on the mountain with girl RP. I'll run 11 miles or so, probably, ultra easy.

LRB, I did not find the reference in Daniels on how to adjust T pace for 60 minutes long Tempo runs.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Still cold here, but in the 30's and that's not bad.

Yesterday's soreness kind of freaked me out, I'm calling this a cutback week. Depending on what time DH gets home, I might do a 5.2 miler or I might not. I'm trying to ease back into my running, and I've got Jan at 83.4 miles, last time was anywhere near that for a month was last September (78.6), October was 59.3 miles, Nov- 28.4 and Dec - 38.8.

Training for the Monumental doesn't have to start until May or even June, but I want to get to the start of training healthy, strong and with 15 mile LRs being pretty easy. Call me paranoid, but I'm trying to be cautious and smart damn it. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

And then there's this:

"Though a fierce blast of cold air froze the central U.S. Friday, what's coming next week will be even worse:

Using words such as "life-threatening," "dangerous," "brutal," and "unprecedented," the National Weather Service is preparing us for the extreme cold that's forecast to roar into the U.S. next week.

"The coldest air of the season will plunge the upper Midwest and Great Lakes into life-threatening conditions" next week, the weather service said Friday. The cold will be most intense from Tuesday through Thursday."

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, there was a spreadsheet I had seen a while ago that would calculate pretty much everything from every guru (paces, estimated finish time, race weight, etc). It included the Daniel's adjusted T paces for longer runs. Not sure if it was ever in the FAQs that got unstickied.

LRB

It's actually a nice day here: cloudy, very little snow falling, and mild tempa while still below freezing point. The ground conditions are still shitty, though. Very uneven icy surface, but whatever. I'll be heading out in a little bit to run on the mountain with girl RP. I'll run 11 miles or so, probably, ultra easy.

LRB, I did not find the reference in Daniels on how to adjust T pace for 60 minutes long Tempo runs.

It actually appears twice, if I recall correctly. On page 113 of the Second Edition, which includes a mile pacing adjustment chart (table 7.1) on the next page, as well as a chart on adjusting kilometer pacing in table 7.2.

I could not find my Third Edition. I must've misplaced it during my move. That's gonna bug me...

I'll look for the other reference point when I get time.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 2 easy hours on the trainer.  My endurance seems to be getting back to normal.  If I can run 12-14 in the morning, without wanting to die, I'll feel pretty good about things.

We are supposed to get a few inches of snow Tuesday morning, before that big dose of cold air bitchslaps us.  And again, FWRITF.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

It actually appears twice, if I recall correctly. On page 113 of the Second Edition, which includes a mile pacing adjustment chart (table 7.1) on the next page, as well as a chart on adjusting kilometer pacing in table 7.2.

I could not find my Third Edition. I must've misplaced it during my move. That's gonna bug me...

I'll look for the other reference point when I get time.

Table 2.2 on page 39 has an adjustment based on percentage of VDOT and HRmax, but I don't think that is the table I had in mind.

LRB

Good morning!

I did 2 easy hours on the trainer.  My endurance seems to be getting back to normal.  If I can run 12-14 in the morning, without wanting to die, I'll feel pretty good about things.

We are supposed to get a few inches of snow Tuesday morning, before that big dose of cold air bitchslaps us.  And again, FWRITF.

Have a great day!

lol

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have my first double digit run since my 21 miler and my illness (almost 5 weeks, yo), so wish me luck!  Will do the TM at the gym (I need my TM, waaahhh) because it's warm and humid again and I don't want this congestion to get worse again.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyber, Google Daniels long tempo pace chart. The Excel chart should come up in the results. Did it on my phone, so can't link

delicate flower

'Morning!!  Late night at the triathlon club annual party last night, but late nights aren't so bad the next day when you don't drink.  Old Baboon would have been in a world of hurt this morning, but today I just rolled out of bed, took care of the dog, and did my 90 minute bike workout.  I just housed a plate of pancakes, topped with the maple syrup I won as an AG award last month.  I'll probably go for a short run later after some errands.

<3

GinnyinPA

Cy - Pfitz does a lot of long tempo runs (ie up to 7 miles tempo as part of an 11 mile run.)  He says to do them at 15k to HM pace, with slower runners closer to 15k and faster runners closer to HM.

Cyberic

Turns out I have the third ed of Daniels, and these charts are not in there. That's what they say on "the forums". The Google search HCK  suggested got me the chart though. Thanks.

Thanks Ginny also. I do have the Pfitz Advanced Marathoning book, but I was curious as to what LRB was referring to yesterday.

Ran 11 on the mountain ultra easy.

MTA: For my VDOT value (between 50 and 55), 60 minutes T pace is almost MP. I did not expect that. Interesting.

MTA2: Funny that he removed that chart from 3rd edition, don't you think?

LRB

MTA: For my VDOT value (between 50 and 55), 60 minutes T pace is almost MP. I did not expect that. Interesting.

Yes, but you're starting the workout at your true threshold pace through 20 minutes, then adjusting it every 5 minutes thereafter. So at no time after that will marathon pace feel like marathon pace. It will feel like threshold effort, which is the point of the workout.