2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

RD - No hockey either.

StepbyStep-SH

Strength training class and 90 minutes of martial arts today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Hello, friends.  Gosh golly you guys are swell.

Today I have to run 50 minutes with some MP stuff mixed in YA HEARD.

ETA:  Marathon weather stalking continues, and I am getting a little giddy with excitement when looking at it.

<3

happylily

Good morning!

Question for the ladies: would you run/race in a tennis dress (either white or black, if it matters...)? I seem to have lost touch with what is acceptable and what isn't and I'm all confused now... Please advise.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

Good morning!  It's a hap-hap-happy day.  There is an odd yellowish orb in the sky, it's 53 degrees going to 73, and I am going to work for the first time in nearly 3 weeks. And today is my birthday. 

Off shortly for a few miles of run and walk.  Should be delightful.

Little Blue

Good morning!

Question for the ladies: would you run/race in a tennis dress (either white or black, if it matters...)? I seem to have lost touch with what is acceptable and what isn't and I'm all confused now... Please advise.

I've seen running dresses, which look to me remarkably like tennis dresses.  I think they'd be quite comfortable.  Are you thinking people would look at you funny?

happylily

Good morning!  It's a hap-hap-happy day.  There is an odd yellowish orb in the sky, it's 53 degrees going to 73, and I am going to work for the first time in nearly 3 weeks. And today is my birthday. 

Off shortly for a few miles of run and walk.  Should be delightful.

Happy birthday, Little Blue! I wish you lots of sun and happy things! 

happylily

I've seen running dresses, which look to me remarkably like tennis dresses.  I think they'd be quite comfortable.  Are you thinking people would look at you funny?

If people look at me in the tennis dress the way I look at some other people wearing other strange things, then it's not a good thing.  But yes, I was thinking that a dress would be comfortable.

Docket_Rocket

Hello, friends.  Gosh golly you guys are swell.

Today I have to run 50 minutes with some MP stuff mixed in YA HEARD.

ETA:  Marathon weather stalking continues, and I am getting a little giddy with excitement when looking at it.

Good!  At least someone is getting good weather cause mine sure sucks.

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I would not. But I wouldn't wear a running skirt either.  But both are perfectly acceptable.  I just need a singlet/shorts to feel serious.

happylily

I would not. But I wouldn't wear a running skirt either.  But both are perfectly acceptable.  I just need a singlet/shorts to feel serious.

Yeah... that's my fear as well. I fear I won't be intimidating enough to the competition if I'm wearing a dress... (cough, cough...)

cjones1

7m easy, not in a skirt. Smile

Happy Birthday Blue!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Happy Birthday Blue!!! 

Some easy miles this evening after work.  I feel good, but I have a little voice in my head telling me to be careful of overdoing it.  So I'm thinking about cutting back on the b2b weekends, do regular LRs for a while, maybe one more b2b before my 50k, then maybe every 2-3 weeks going into the 100 miler.  What I really need is more trail time, road miles are great, but I need to get into serious trail shape.  Gonna try to start getting my LRs in on the trails (the great thing is that my 100 miler is local, so I can train on the course).

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!