Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - is that you? (Read 35 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup yo!

Up first for me this morning is a 7 mile jog followed by a shift at Spacely Sprockets where if I am good, I might actually get paid.  Imagine that.

What do you have up for today?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 3 miles tonight.  You heard me, three fucking miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Etch a Sketches came in nice colors .

Easy 5 for me today, like Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday hockey and yesterday took a last second URD, for no reason other than I felt like it. I'm in a running blues

happylily

Rick, LOL...

Enjoy the 3 miles, D!

Cy, sometimes, without a race on the horizon, it's easy to get into a funk. Maybe you could look for a little 5 ot 10k to do in December? Have you ever heard of those Santa Runs? They have one in Montreal, I think. You'll need a red speedo and tuque for that one. 

I have 16 later this morning. Today I'm off work! Thank you God and all the saints in heaven!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

It is FRIDAY if you are not paying attention so act accordingly!  Good luck to DOCKET in the Chicago Marathon Sunday!

I ran 5 easy last night and 4 easy this morning, easing into my HM tomorrow.  Chance of PR currently at 41%.

<3

From the Internet.

G'morning you crazy kids, you! Not-quite-6 miles for me with a 1600 and an 800 at ~8:15 pace. I didn't want to wear myself out with an actual workout this close to my race but I did want to feel out 8:20 as a starting pace for Monday, felt easy enough - perfect 2:05 splits for the first 2 laps, little faster for all the rest. Finished with a sprint down my street to get my trash and recycling barrels out before the truck got to my house (success!).

runninggirl30

Happy Friday!

I have an easy 3 planned for today.  I did the gym yesterday and I worked my hammies pretty good so we'll see how they do today.  I used the lovely foam roller last night. We have a love/hate relationship.  Why do those things hurt so much?

DH and I are going to see comedian Tim Hawkins tonight so all the kiddos are going to grandma's to sleep over (yay) which means I have the morning off and I can get my run done in the morning....woo hoo!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I had 6 miles planned this morning but looks like I'll have to move that to this evening, my little boy was up at 1 AM for an hour with abdominal pains/gas and then for another hour from 3 to 4 AM before finally falling asleep and I just couldn't get up to get my 6 miles in.

No more popcorn for my little man.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Morning!  SRD #5 today.  Don't tell Damaris.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD #5 today.  Don't tell Damaris.

Haha. You are excused. It was Andrea I was getting ready to whip. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

thanks, Phil!!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

6 easy. At about 5.5, tripped on some uneven sidewalk and did a faceplant on the cement. Just an expression, my face did not contact the concrete. But I would have preferred that - you don't need a face to run. Also inconsequential: one elbow pretty badly scraped up; hands would have been in much worse shape except today at 38 degrees was literally the first day of the year I wore gloves. (Need new gloves now.) However, tore up both knees pretty good. I'm hoping just superficial damage, certainly bleeding enough, but just walking around my right knee hurts like a mofo. I'm sure plenty of y'all have taken a fall like that (just guessing!), wondering what to expect as far as lasting effects. I'm pretty sure I would have a tough time running right now, not sure how it'll feel tomorrow. Fuckity fuck fuck.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Ouch, Dave!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Dang, sorry to hear that, Dave.  Ya big clutz.  You'll probably just ache and sting for a few runs.   I found that putting large band-aids over the cuts during runs keeps the air off and sting down.

<3