Beginners and Beyond

Cross-Training MonDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

Hi.

I will be heading out shortly to shovel snow (which will be the third time in ten hours geezus), then off to work. Most schools are closed today so that's traffic I won't have to deal during my 20 minute, 10 mile commute.

What up doe?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

RD for me.  It's raining and Monday, so I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

It's warming up a little today, but supposed to rain.

But at work it's, well, keeping working at lunchtime or run, so I'll probably get in 4 or 5 miles.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Morning. No shoveling for me .  Although I suspect if we live where there is snow, I would have to call 911 to help us out of the house cause my husband didn't shovel...

I have 7 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  A few inches of snow last night was enough to keep a normally crowded Monday morning at the pool limited to just me and another couple.  HOORAY!!  I am sure there will be 8,000 people there tomorrow.  Anyway, 2500 yards done at a fast-for-me speed.  My legs are tired from skiing over the weekend.  I have low expectations for my post-work run, which may be done on the treadmill depending on how the roads are looking.

<3

SRD

Dave

delicate flower

Friday morning wind chill is projected to be -20.  If that carries over the Saturday, I'll be taking a DNS on my 10K.  FTS.

Actually, technically, would it really be a DNS if it's not paid for?  I always figured a DNS meant you paid for a race that you didn't do.  In this case, it'd be a no pay/no play.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Friday morning wind chill is projected to be -20.  If that carries over the Saturday, I'll be taking a DNS on my 10K.  FTS.

Actually, technically, would it really be a DNS if it's not paid for?  I always figured a DNS meant you paid for a race that you didn't do.  In this case, it'd be a no pay/no play.

If it was posted in the December race thread, isn't that the same as paying?

New Englanders must be heartier than Marylanders. They'd cancel the race for that shit here--mainly because while runners would still show, the volunteers would have an awful time (and possible frostbite).

delicate flower

If it was posted in the December race thread, isn't that the same as paying?

New Englanders must be heartier than Marylanders. They'd cancel the race for that shit here--mainly because while runners would still show, the volunteers would have an awful time (and possible frostbite).

This is a 13 week race series, alternating between 5K and 10K each week from December through February.  They've been doing these races for 37 years and have cancelled a grand total of zero races.

<3

onemile

It is expected that it will be frigid, snowy, icy (or all three) for any races in WI from Dec thru March and a race would never be cancelled for that.

LRB

A DNS is not racing any event that you planned on racing (registered or not) imho.

LRB

Today wasn't bad at all post snowmageddon. I think not having the school traffic certainly helped. Of course the school districts were getting flamed on radio for cancelling because of course "Back in my day we walked to school through 10' feet of snow in tennis shoes." I guess that makes it right, huh.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After a cold weekend we had a heat wave today with the temp reaching 48F. 5.4 miles with 3 at a tempo effort but easy run pace. Go figure. It's a bear getting back up to speed after an injury.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

A DNS is not racing any event that you planned on racing (registered or not) imho.

Well hopefully I'll be able to race.  The overnight low Friday is saying 10 degrees, which would be plenty warm.

Anyway, 4 miles done on black ice.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 with 4 sets of 5 minutes hard, 30 seconds recover with 2 minutes between sets. I had a meeting close to home this afternoon that finished early, so I got to run in daylight and 50 degrees. This is the warmest it's going to be for a while, so made sure I got out in it.

Races here cancel for cold & snow, pretty much why there are slim pickings all winter. If they use city or county parks and/or a school, then the race has to follow that organization. Typically in this area, at the mention of snow or bad weather, weekend activities get cancelled. Windchills are supposed to be near 0 Friday (I think). People will be screaming bloody murder if the schools are open on time. The last 2 years people in my county have all but called the superintendent a child abuser since the schools are open when it is cold. By cold, I mean high of 15-20, maybe 0 windchill. It's really rare it gets colder than that here.