Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies......... (Read 32 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Image result for Get over that Hump

Not really.... but it was this or something sexy/risque......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have 12 miles to do but not much time so somewhere between 7 and 12 depending on time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning. I have 12 miles to do but not much time so somewhere between 7 and 12 depending on time.

I can't wait to get back to running 12's like they're "slightly" nothing. Smile Have fun.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

I can't wait to get back to running 12's like they're "slightly" nothing. Smile Have fun.

With my knee surgery from January, I can't wait either.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning.  I dragged myself to the pool this morning in full on zombie mode.  2000 yards done at the swimming equivalent of a jog.  Speaking of jog, I've got a 90 minute tempo run to do after work.  I can't say I'm especially excited about that.

<3

LRB

'Morning.  I dragged myself to the pool this morning in full on zombie mode.  

Hmm, it must be in the air, except I said FTS and went back to sleep. lol

LRB

I am totally underdressed today. It's colder than shit (compared to yesterday) for no good reason at all. 

No more marathons

'Morning.  I dragged myself to the pool this morning in full on zombie mode.  2000 yards done at the swimming equivalent of a jog.  Speaking of jog, I've got a 90 minute tempo run to do after work.  I can't say I'm especially excited about that.

Just an easy 5 today - my tempo run is tomorrow.  4 miles starting at HM pace and getting faster.

McMillan says 7:46;  Daniels says 7:41.  I'm going with McMillan

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

From the Internet.

Today is like the Wednesday of my peak weeks! 2.5 done, 2.5 to go!

I'm tired as all heck but my heart rate for easy pace keeps dropping so clearly something's happening fitness-wise. Crazy busy last few days of school, but we have Friday off and April vacation all next week! Grades closed for 3rd quarter, track practices started for the spring season, and tying up some loose ends before vacation next week, when everyone will promptly forget everything I've taught this week.

Just over 9 this morning with a couple of long hills, will do an afternoon double either today or tomorrow depending on a bunch of things, 15 mile MLR with maybe 10 at MP Friday (followed by breakfast and a nap!), meetup/shakeout run in Boston on Saturday afternoon, 21-22 mile easy effort long run Sunday.

15 mile MLR 

Mid-40's rain. Very wet, and hands got kind of numb. Unfortunate that I had to get to work, because I wanted to stand under the hot shower for 45 minutes. But the run went pretty well anyway; 8:35 avg with the last 5 in the 8:10-8:20 range.

Dave

onemile

Mid-40's rain. Very wet, and hands got kind of numb. Unfortunate that I had to get to work, because I wanted to stand under the hot shower for 45 minutes. But the run went pretty well anyway; 8:35 avg with the last 5 in the 8:10-8:20 range.

So are you planning to race the 5k then?

onemile

I am totally underdressed today. It's colder than shit (compared to yesterday) for no good reason at all. 

It will be summer again by the weekend

So are you planning to race the 5k then?

I still haven't decided on 5k or 10k. Waiting for the forum to tell me what to do.

Race is Saturday. Schedule calls for 5 tomorrow and 10 w/tempo Friday, but will probably just make it 8ish tomorrow and 5 Friday.

MTA: also wondering how long a distance the new shoes are good for. I figure up to 10k for sure, but IDK beyond that.

Dave

onemile

I still haven't decided on 5k or 10k. Waiting for the forum to tell me what to do.

Race is Saturday. Schedule calls for 5 tomorrow and 10 w/tempo Friday, but will probably just make it 8ish tomorrow and 5 Friday.

MTA: also wondering how long a distance the new shoes are good for. I figure up to 10k for sure, but IDK beyond that.

The 10k would make a good sub for your tempo workout

You'll have to try them and see. It depends on the shoe and you.  With the Adios, I would feel comfortable wearing them for a half. And they might be okay for a full although I would want to do some long run workouts in them to test that.  I think the Hyperions might be a little less substational