Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies - 500 days until Boston (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

'Morning!  2600 yards in the pool for me this morning.  Better than yesterday, but still slower than normal.  They were long sets though and those are always naturally slower.  I mean, you don't do 400 meter repeats at the same speed as your one mile repeats.  Come on, now.

Easy run tonight.  It would appear I have a cold coming on, which makes sense.  I am a solid 50/50 on catching a cold when I go to amusement parks.  Goddamn germ traps.

WHATCHA GOT!

<3

delicate flower

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Active.com is on crack. $35 race registration, $5.10 fee! WTF! Oh well, $40 for a half is a good deal. Not a goal race, for fun. It's super close to a friend's house and it gives us a chance to hang out.

delicate flower

Active.com is on crack. $35 race registration, $5.10 fee! WTF! 

There are not a lot of things I truly hate, but I hate Active.com.  From my 2018 Ironman registration e-mail:

* Processing fee: $ 52.00

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Boston?  What's that?

7.1 miles this morning.  I shudder to think how much my knee would have hurt without the cortisone shot, because as it is, a few miles made it feel not so great.  (It feels okay now, though.  I'm actually considering registering for a race that's this Sunday.  Because that makes sense.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Slept around 4 hours, thanks Gaga!  But the concert was amazing.  She is a great performer.  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  Made it work at 8am, now I just need a nap.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Also, I know nobody here cares about this, but I'M excited about it... look what finally made its way into Garmin Connect!!

chasing the impossible

LRB

Also, I know nobody here cares about this, but I'M excited about it... look what finally made its way into Garmin Connect!!

I'm not able to go to the site at the moment but does that allow you to edit a run that was uploaded as well?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I woke up feeling a bit better this morning, still got that weird tickling feeling in my nose....

But I went to the gym and focused on Back Day, I wanted to run afterwards but I just didn't want to take the chance of pushing myself back into that hellish feeling I was going through yesterday. Maybe I'll run an easy 3 this afternoon........

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

I'm not able to go to the site at the moment but does that allow you to edit a run that was uploaded as well?

Wait, what?  That's always been a possibility, this isn't Strava!

chasing the impossible

LRB

Wait, what?  That's always been a possibility, this isn't Strava!

Really? Wow. I did not know that. I've tried to delete laps or edit splits in the past on Garmin and was never able to do it. Everything on RA is as it should be, but a lot of my runs on Garmin all over the place, especially my treadmill runs. The other type of run that is screwed up there is when the battery died during the run, or when I forgot to press start after stopping during a run, or vice versa.

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Thinking 12 and might throw some pace in?  Will see how I feel after warmup.

Baboon: So, you BQed fro 2019?  I thought it was 2018?

Blue: I'm old and can't see it even on magnify. Sad Cave diving!!!!??? Or something??? Are you crazy!  

FreeSoul: Nice work. Smile

Damaris: I couldn't do a concert anymore, I crap out @ about 9:00PM anymore.  Sounded like fun though! Smile

delicate flower

Baboon: So, you BQed fro 2019?  I thought it was 2018?

I did BQ for 2018 but missed the cut off (as did DaveP).  My recent BQ is for 2019, although I guess technically it is also a 2018 BQ but too bad the race is sold out.  I would have improved my seeding had I gotten in.

<3

Docket_Rocket

2018 in 2018 signups have started!

LRB, you could edit some things but not everything like you can do here.  Or at least that's how it was.

OFR, I am serving dinner at 9pm and get to bed at midnight. But when I'm not home at a concert, I suddenly feel exhausted and old even though it's 11pm or something.  I think it's the house magnet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Really? Wow. I did not know that. I've tried to delete laps or edit splits in the past on Garmin and was never able to do it. Everything on RA is as it should be, but a lot of my runs on Garmin all over the place, especially my treadmill runs. The other type of run that is screwed up there is when the battery died during the run, or when I forgot to press start after stopping during a run, or vice versa.

Oh, I'm not sure if you can edit splits per se, I've never tried that... but you can edit the distance if GPS screwed up, which you can't do on Strava.  Which is ridiculous.  And why I always have to run .1 extra than I mean to run.

chasing the impossible