Beginners and Beyond

Toadally Tuesdailes (Read 38 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Time to 'get hopping', Dailies folks!

After 3 days in a row of run/walk today is a rest day for me.  Lovely run/walk after work yesterday at an easy pace.  Started out along the San Antonio Riverwalk and finished up by winding through peaceful Brackendridge Park.  Temp was a pleasant 71 degrees, low humidity, and dewpoint in the 50s.  Then went home and enjoyed watching Carolina Panthers beat New England Patriots.  Good game, went right down to the last tick on the clock.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning, Scotty!

I have either 8 with speedwork and core or kickboxing and core, depending on the time my trial ends and the thunderstorms today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp!

In all the excitement and anxiety of my first run since September at work, I toadally forgot to bring soap, ugh!  Luckily, there was a sliver in the soap dish at work (gross!), God only knows who left it there but I guess I should be thankful, although I use fragrance-free soap so I will most likely break out in a third degree rash here soon.  Roll eyes

As it is, I got 5 miles in along my most favoritist routes in the world, prancin' along like the 'ho that I am!  Cool

My back still does not care for running so there was the usual discomfort, but nothing major.  I cannot wait till I am able to run my 7 mile route there, the internet will not be big enough to contain my excitement!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

I got in another 3.2 miles this morning.  Sure is nice to be running for FUN again.  Almost didn't get up this morning but my wife helped convince me to get up and go.  Glad she did that for me.

Y'all have a good day

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I had a not so good run. I need to remember from now on, after the second terrible experience with wind, that if the "Feels Like" temp is more than 10 degrees colder than the actual temp, the wind is probably really bad, and I should dress like it is an additional 10 degrees colder than even the "feels like" temp says. It was so bad it blew my hat off, I could not hear my ipod on full blast, and I was in tears. It was actually blowing me backwards. Oh well. Done now, maybe my lesson will be learned. 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

I had a not so good run. I need to remember from now on, after the second terrible experience with wind, that if the "Feels Like" temp is more than 10 degrees colder than the actual temp, the wind is probably really bad, and I should dress like it is an additional 10 degrees colder than even the "feels like" temp says. It was so bad it blew my hat off, I could not hear my ipod on full blast, and I was in tears. It was actually blowing me backwards. Oh well. Done now, maybe my lesson will be learned. 

That sounds HARSH!  Nice job battling the elements and getting it done.

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

'Morning.  My PC at work got upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2010.  OMG I THINK MY COMPUTER IS DYING!  So...freakin...slow....AHHHH!

Treadmill tonight.  Again.  Just trying to go easy on a sore hip for a bit.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

Baboon: I feel your pain.

LRB: Back in the saddle!! That must feel good. Smile

Docket: Thunderstorms? 87 degrees? You really need to get out of there. Wink

Later tonight I have 8 miles with 5x600@5k pace.  See ya.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!

I’ve been reading along, but I haven’t been posting lately.    My brother and SIL have been on a cruise around Italy and Spain for the last 10 days so all my “free”, and even some of my “not free” time have been going to helping with my 4 year old nephew.   Not having kids myself, I must say that 4 year olds are VERY busy little people!   Wow!

Scotty – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   I hope that your co-worker recovers quickly and completely!   Enjoy your rest day today!

Damaris – Good luck in your trial today!

LRB – I hate it when I forget important things like soap.   Yes, that was gross, but you do what you have to do sometimes.   Hope you don’t get that rash from the frangrance-full soap – that would be miserable!

Robert – Nice run this morning!   Have a great day!

Kristin – That sounds like it was a tough run!   Way to go on getting out there in that!

Phil – We just recently did that same upgrade at my office, and yes, that problem with slowness is a universal result.   :-(   I must have missed it, why is your hip sore?

Jack – Good luck with that workout!   Have a wonderful day!

Today is my 2nd day of wearing non-tennis shoes to work since, well, I don’t know for sure, but maybe say April….    I love my tennis shoes, but it is sure nice to be able to wear something else at least occasionally!    I still can’t wear any kind of heels, but that’s okay.

I had my first run on Saturday.  I ran 1.76 miles on the TM.   It was a beautiful day and I seriously thought about running outside, but I figured that the even, predictable terrain of the TM would probably be a better option for my first run back.    Yesterday, I ran 2.28 on the TM.   Mentally, I’m ready to run outside again, but I’m a little hesitant.   Maybe tomorrow’s the day for that.

I can’t run on consecutive days for a while so my DH bought me an inexpensive spin bike to use on the non-run days so that, hopefully, I can get my endurance back up faster.   I rode for 22 minutes on Sunday and for 26 minutes this morning.   That thing really kicks my A$$!!    I’ve tried to follow a spin class for beginners workout that I found, but holy cow, I can’t even keep up!   My legs are very noodle-y afterwards and I have to be careful not to fall as I walk down the stairs.    Hopefully, it’s just a matter of getting used to it, but WOW!!   I wonder if I’d be better off just trying to get some spinning endurance on my own first instead of trying to do hill intervals, standing climbs, etc.    I might try that on my next spinning day…..

Have a Pinktacular day!!   And, may your next run be your BEST run in a long time!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

That is awesome Pink!  The treadmill is easier to ease back into after a layoff, I probably should have done that as well but figured I would have all winter to ride on that stupid thing so I hit the pavement.  lol

delicate flower

Pink, great to hear you're on your way back!  Nothing wrong at all with sticking to the treadmill until you're comfortable enough to take it outside.  I was very hesitant and even a little scared to take the running outdoors following my knee surgery.  I stuck with the treadmill longer than I probably needed to, but I had to get myself right mentally.  Just go easy.  The outdoors isn't going anywhere.  RE: my hip, it's just been a little achy lately.  Just one of those running deals.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Core exercises today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

scotty - seems like refs are having a tough time in the nfl

D - have a good workout either way

lrb - that's great about the 5, continued healing

robert - thank your wife

kristin -  way to tough it out

baboon - upgrades aren't always better

jack - have a good 8 later

pink - so glad you got some TM time

free - do it!

5 this AM. on the road for work but just for the day...now it's coffee time...have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Hi Dailies...

Baboon: I feel your pain.

LRB: Back in the saddle!! That must feel good. Smile

Docket: Thunderstorms? 87 degrees? You really need to get out of there. Wink

Later tonight I have 8 miles with 5x600@5k pace.  See ya.

Working on that!

kristin, always use feels like.  In hot or cold weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page