Beginners and Beyond

FinallyFriDailies (Read 33 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran an easy 4.8 this morning in 51 degree weather; really felt like fall! First time in long sleeves in a long while, forgot my light gloves and could have used them.  First 1/2 mile or so felt funny after the PT session yesterday; not so much sore or stiff as tired and weak, but improved after that.

Have a good day and weekend!

LRB

I ran 8.

It was slow relatively speaking but didn't suck, which is odd given I was 12 hours removed from a run that was slow and did suck. 

LRB

I am volunteering at a race in the morning and they want me there at 7:00. It's an hour away. I am doing a group run Sunday at 8:00 that's also an hour away, so I will be getting up before the rooster both days. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yay, i went and did a run/walk Thursday morning. It was not pretty and I did take a couple of extra walk breaks. It was pretty slow too: 2.85 miles in 36:48, averaging about 12:55 per mile, but that's okay too for now. The pacemaker behaved itself quite well and I felt no discomfort, breathing problems, etc.

Thursday was exactly 5 weeks from the day I had my pacemaker surgery, so after 5 weeks of no running, I think I did okay. A bit tired after I finished, but I recovered pretty quickly, so that was nice too. I guess life with a pacemaker will be okay.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The last couple nights have been rough, for me.... this morning I managed to go to the gym and get a good workout in but all I wanted to do afterwards was get back in bed and cuddle with my little boy... it was 63 freaking degrees outside, I'm an idiot.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I am volunteering at a race in the morning and they want me there at 7:00. It's an hour away. I am doing a group run Sunday at 8:00 that's also an hour away, so I will be getting up before the rooster both days. 

no rest for the (assumed) weary!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Yay, i went and did a run/walk Thursday morning. It was not pretty and I did take a couple of extra walk breaks. It was pretty slow too: 2.85 miles in 36:48, averaging about 12:55 per mile, but that's okay too for now. The pacemaker behaved itself quite well and I felt no discomfort, breathing problems, etc.

Thursday was exactly 5 weeks from the day I had my pacemaker surgery, so after 5 weeks of no running, I think I did okay. A bit tired after I finished, but I recovered pretty quickly, so that was nice too. I guess life with a pacemaker will be okay.

awesome! Good to hear things are going well. As I mentioned before, my brother is in same situation and also feeling better and slowly returning to workouts

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles + 4.1 perfect temperature running miles and now I’m sitting through the first of the endless hours involved in getting my hair cut and colored 😴

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

RD.

Also getting my hair done this afternoon. I'm trying a new place close to my house so fingers crossed that is not a mistake.

LRB

15 trainer miles + 4.1 perfect temperature running miles and now I’m sitting through the first of the endless hours involved in getting my hair cut and colored 😴

I'm such an idiot, I thought you ran 19 miles! 

bluerun

Super B****

I'm such an idiot, I thought you ran 19 miles! 

As one ought to do two days before a ten-mile race

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Are we going to get a pic?

Dave

As one ought to do two days before a ten-mile race

Didn't you once do something like a 6-mile warmup before a 10k?

Dave

RD.

Also getting my hair done this afternoon. I'm trying a new place close to my house so fingers crossed that is not a mistake.

You too.

Dave

10 miles with my new friends in the Friday running group. Ran for a while with a woman who is running Tokyo next spring, to complete the world marathon majors. It was nice chatting, but I had to run at her ~7:40 easy pace to keep up. 

Dave