Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Roll The Dice (Read 17 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday!  Today is December 4th and it's Kitten Day, Cookie Day, and Dice Day!   So give your kitten a cookie and let her/him play with the dice!

Nice 3-miler run/walk last night after work.  Felt fine and strong and did all my running segments very well.  Today is a rest day and then tomorrow I have one 5K at 9 a.m. and another one at 6 P.M.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning, Scotty!  That does sound like a perfect day for cats!  It's pouring rain here, so our kitty is not thrilled.  She wanted outside, but would not go out the door.  Enjoy the RD and good luck tomorrow!

My meeting went great yesterday, thank you for all the encouragement!  Then I had to bake some stuff for a special WW event this Saturday, so it was after 11 when I got on the TM.  I meant to only run 1, but felt great, so I ran 4 instead.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Still coughing... now the stuff coming out is green (ick).  I think today might be another rest day =(  So much for streaking =(  Anyway, I've got chinese class tonight and I'm supposed to have a bunch of social stuff this weekend, but I'll probably avoid it so as to not infect my friends with whatever this nastiness is.  At first I thought it was just caused by the heat being on, but I think it is probably more than that.  If I'm not improving by Monday I'll see the doctor.

Z - nice job getting 4 done after a hectic day

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

LOL I love that picture!

That was a really nice run. One of those days where easy pace just feels like, I dunno, something cheesy like floating along on a cloud of happiness with the sun shining on my face Big grin Now back to work! :C

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 for us.  Perfect LR day, but it's our Friday movie matinee day. Seeing either Spotlight or Brooklyn.

Enjoy the RD, Scott.  Good luck with the races tomorrow.

Glad the meeting went well, Zel.

Feel better Jill.

Get back to work, Lauren Smile

Have a great weekend !!!

GinnyinPA

Scotty - good luck with tomorrow's races.

Z - that's the nice thing about the TM.  You can run whatever you want without having to worry about getting back home.

Jill - I hope a restful weekend cures your cold.  Nice not to spread the germs.

Lauren - sounds like a great run. Sweet.

Jerry - I hope the movie was a good one.

Rest day for me.  It's absolutely gorgeous outside, so we'll do a few miles on the AT after we find some orange clothes to make us visible to all the hunters that are out there.  They aren't supposed to hunt on the trail, but people do.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

There is something to be said about a nice recovery run.  A day after a crazy interval workout (sapf knows this one) my legs seemed shot. The next day I willed myself to run 40 minutes at a super easy pace and I felt completely refreshed.

Tomorrow DD2 runs in the Foot Locker West Regional at Mt, SAC, her last XC run of the year, then I think it's back to swimming for her.  After that, I am running 11 miles and then DW and I are going to my staff Christmas party. Thank you for the ride home, Uber.

Have a nice weekend.