Beginners and Beyond

Do Penguins eat Asparagus Tuesdaily (Read 17 times)

Brilliant

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Brilliant

Today is Asparagus day.  Who knew?  And who knew that google will even find you a random image of a penguin eating asparagus?! I'm not sure why the penguin seems dead.  

Jerry, hope you found some chafing relief yesterday.

I'm going to run 7 miles with my club this morning.  And probably not eat asparagus later, because I'd already planned on carnitas tacos for tonight.

Docket_Rocket

LOL. Morning!  Took my RD yesterday so Pilates and 6 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I'm not sure why the penguin seems dead.  

He probably smelled his own asparagus pee.

Hi Penguins!

<3

LRB

He probably smelled his own asparagus pee.

You beat me to it!

'Sup, peeps.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I got the Walgreen's version of Aquaphor. It helped.  Thanks !!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Asparagus, yuk.  never touch the stuff.

Ran early this morning as the heat index and dewpoints around here are going crazy - already in the upper 90s in May and dewpoint in the upper 70s for pete's sake; and May is usually one of our cooler months before the heat of june starts.  I expect our summer this year in San Antonio is going to be extraordinarily brutal.

The run/walk was nice.  Took it easy, did 3.1 miles in 35:02 and even threw a few small hills along the way, taking extra care on them to go nice and easy so as not to stress the still-recovering hamstring and piriformis.  All good, nice outing around the campus of University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  My potential for eating asparagus tonight is fairly high, since I broiled some yesterday and only ate half of it.  Love the stuff!!  DH can't stand it, though.  It "tastes too green".  We actually have sunshine today!!

Brilliant -- enjoy your 7 w/o asparagus!!

Docket -- have a good Pilates and 6!!

Baboon -- good morning!!

LRB -- good morning to you too!!

Jerryb -- glad you're feeling ... smoother!!

Scotty -- Glad you're feeling better and running again!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

No asparagus for me.  That's one of those foods like shrimp and lobster that other people seem to adore and I just tolerate.  I can eat it, but I don't love it.

Allison - I hope your group run went well.

D - I hope work eases up so you can get your run in tonight.

Jerry - I hope the chaffing is better.

Hi Baboon and LRB!

Scotty - I'm glad you're able to do your runs again without too much pain.  We're getting heat here too - mid-80s all week -- but without the humidity so far.  That's coming this weekend, I think.

HopesMom - I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the sunshine finally.  Bike or walk?

AFM:  Group run tonight.  Only 4 miles, but it's a hilly route, ending at a new barbeque place I've been wanting to try.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon Pens!

Today I'll probably do a run/walk with my language exchange partner.  Luckily we do most of the run/walk while speaking english because it is really hard for me to run and speak chinese at the same time.  Tentatively I'm going to try to do a half at the end of June while we are in Maine.  I'm just going to do the last 4 or 5 weeks of higdon beginner to try to build my mileage back up slowly as my back heals.  I'm really sore from Saturday, but I don't think that I've acutely injured anything.  Whether or not I'll do the marathon or defer is really up in the air at this point.  I'm hopeful that my back will heal, but if I can't run the half in the end of June at a reasonable time I'll probably decide not to go forward with fall marathon training.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)