Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Are The Runner-Up to Friday (Read 39 times)

Good morning.

Thank y'all for listening to me vent last night.

I'm heading out for a run. Later.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

About to head out for probably 4ish miles. This will be my 3rd day in a row running, as I'm bumping up my run days from 4 to 5 days a week this week. It has been many months since I've done 3 in a row as I've been doing Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun for a long time. I'm feeling pretty good though.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Have a great run, kristin10185.

66F. 61F dewpoint. Some trouble breathing. 2.04 miles in 19:11. 9:25 pace. I'll try again after work.

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - I've noticed your paces have been picking up lately. It's neat to see that average pace inching down.

I am planning to just do a bike ride today to an appointment, and probably take the scenic route home. Maybe 10 miles total?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Hey all,

Track workout yesterday so today all easy running. Club coach ran a 2:39 marathon in Ottawa, was still the fastest on the track yesterday, and is 50 years old   I take it that although you do slow down with age, if you keep at it, you can still be in a relatively good shape.

happylily

Basya, I hope this little girl's parents come to accept reality and get the help she requires. These are her formative years. It's important for her to understand what is going on inside of her so that she can better deal with life's situations later. My good thoughts go to her, her family and you as well. Thank you for caring. My son is Asperger as well, but he's very different. He could not care less about having friends. At 17, you can hardly see that he's a bit different. He's just a usual introverted computer nerd and he's happy like that. He'll need to find a nerdy computer girl eventually. Where does one find those?

I did not run last night because I ran out of time. Today, I'm leaving for Eastern Canada (PEI). It's a 10-12 hour drive. We're going to prepare our rental cottages at the beach. There's probably still snow there. Think Maine on steroids... Not a fun trip, but I like being on the road, I like the feeling of it. And I'm excited at the idea of running on country roads again. The view of the ocean is amazing and I love running outside over there. It's quiet and there is usually no one on the roads that I run on (except for the occasional dead snake, which I've learned to not fear. Almost died of a heart attack the first time I encountered one)  Okay, talk to you later, guys, if I can get a connection in the car. Be good!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Hey all,

Track workout yesterday so today all easy running. Club coach ran a 2:39 marathon in Ottawa, was still the fastest on the track yesterday, and is 50 years old   I take it that although you do slow down with age, if you keep at it, you can still be in a relatively good shape.

Awesome! You're in good hands.

LRB

'Sup.

I went flying backwards off of a ladder yesterday and landed on my butt bone, then the ladder landed on my shin (yes, the one that was already injured) leaving an egg sized bump on it.

While the shin is not necessarily sore, my butt bone is a little. I could have probably run, but that would be stupid.

The thing of it is, is that was not the worst part of it all.

I am just going to put as much distance between me and yesterday as possible and call it what it was; one of the worst days I have ever had.

happylily

'Sup.

I went flying backwards off of a ladder yesterday and landed on my butt bone, then the ladder landed on my shin (yes, the one that was already injured) leaving an egg sized bump on it.

While the shin is not necessarily sore, my butt bone is a little. I could have probably run, but that would be stupid.

I am just going to put as much distance between me and yesterday as possible and call it what it was; one of the worst days I have ever had.

Sorry about that. :-( But the good thing is that today is another day!

LRB

But the good thing is that today is another day!

Exactly.

From the Internet.

Morning everyone! 5 miles with 2 at tempo done. Almost got hit by a car running a red light - I was in a crosswalk, 3/4s of the way across the street, in broad daylight, wearing a BRIGHT yellow singlet, and the dude still didn't even pause at the stop line until I rapped the side of his car with my hand. Hopefully that scared him into obeying traffic laws for a while!

delicate flower

Good morning, children of the internet.  We had some pretty good rain come through last night, with a lot more in the forecast through the weekend, which is fine because we need it.  LET IT RAIN!  I'll run after work, distance and intensity TBD.

<3

LRB

Morning everyone! 5 miles with 2 at tempo done. Almost got hit by a car running a red light - I was in a crosswalk, 3/4s of the way across the street, in broad daylight, wearing a BRIGHT yellow singlet, and the dude still didn't even pause at the stop line until I rapped the side of his car with my hand. Hopefully that scared him into obeying traffic laws for a while!

Idiot!

cjones1

I ran 5.5m easy this morning, and it was much less eventful than what everybody else's day seems to be.

Stay safe, LRB and Lauren. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

From the Internet.

'Sup.

Oh man, that sucks! Feel better LRB!