Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILY Penguins are Early Birds (Read 33 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy National Cheeseburger Day.  Cheezborger, Cheezborger,Cheezborger.  Run #43 after work.

Watch out for the texting drivers Scotty.

Dad on the run.

Good morning all! Up and at em'! About to head to work, Today is pay day and we are completely out of groceries Sad So looks like Bojangles for breakfast this morning.

Did 3 last night 9:43, 9:39, 9:27. It's slowly coming back. I feel winded more than anything, guess that's what I get for not running in a while.

Hope everyone has a good day! And its HUMP DAY!!!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

PADRunner

Morning early Penguins. 4 easy done, gym tonight.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning!  Quick 30 minute run this morning.  Will get another run in after work.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

TODAY IS SEPTEMBER 18TH.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE!

HOLIDAYS FOR TODAY ARE: 

NATIONAL CHEESEBURGER DAY (YUMMY!)

CHIROPRACTIC FOUNDERS DAY (QUACK QUACK! Wink)

RICE KRISPIES TREATS DAY

HUG A GREETING CARD WRITER DAY

cheeseburger cartoons, cheeseburger cartoon, cheeseburger picture, cheeseburger pictures, cheeseburger image, cheeseburger images, cheeseburger illustration, cheeseburger illustrations

cheeseburger cartoons, cheeseburger cartoon, cheeseburger picture, cheeseburger pictures, cheeseburger image, cheeseburger images, cheeseburger illustration, cheeseburger illustrations

KEYWORD1  1998-11-20  music  modern music  rock  rock and roll  rap  rap music  hip hop  acid rock

KEYWORD1  1998-08-31  age  aging  old age  senior citizen  senior citizen  senior citizens  senior

KEYWORD1  2009-03-07  ok you may hear a crack  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care  w

KEYWORD1  2008-06-14  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care  wellness  drug  drugs

KEYWORD1  2006-12-11  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care  doctor  doctors   physicia

chiropractor cartoons, chiropractor cartoon, chiropractor picture, chiropractor pictures, chiropractor image, chiropractor images, chiropractor illustration, chiropractor illustrations

chiropractor cartoons, chiropractor cartoon, chiropractor picture, chiropractor pictures, chiropractor image, chiropractor images, chiropractor illustration, chiropractor illustrations

air force cartoons, air force cartoon, air force picture, air force pictures, air force image, air force images, air force illustration, air force illustrations

air force cartoons, air force cartoon, air force picture, air force pictures, air force image, air force images, air force illustration, air force illustrations

Home of Air Force Basic Training

peanuts, lucy, football, valentine, romance, safety, rescue,

KEYWORD1  2005-05-08  family  families  parent  parents  parenting  mom  moms  mother

KEYWORD1  2004-12-26  sunday cartoon  sunday cartoons  color cartoon  color cartoons  greeting card

KEYWORD1  2003-03-09  anniversary  anniversaries  wedding anniversary  wedding anniversaries  card

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  9 miles or SRD, depending on whether I have to go to this business dinner.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

6 recovery done. Morning all.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Non-running day for me.  Planning on doing a weight training circuit after work.  Hopefully I won't be too lazy to do it by the end of the work day.

Jerry, I thought in some parts of New York it's called 'cheeseboiger".  Joking  No worries today, non-running day for me.  Now watch me get knocked down by a texting walker today at the gym.  Joking

You'll get your wind back soon enough, Jimmy.  Hey, run for Congress...if you get elected, you'll never run out of wind!   What the heck is a "bojangles" for breakfast?  You're gonna eat an old-time dancer?  Shocked  You keep that up, you'll soon be fed up with people!

Early bird runner, PAD.  Have fun at the gym.

Why the doubles, Awood?  You're making me look bad.  Wink

Hope your cough is feeling better, Bin!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

4 recovery miles on tired legs, bit that is for tonight.

Jerry and Scotty: In honor of cheeseburger day, I will go to In-n-Out for dinner. Smile

Dad on the run.

Scotty - Do you not have a Bojangles in Texas? Its a fried chicken place, kinda like KFC but not quite so expensive.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Scotty - Do you not have a Bojangles in Texas? Its a fried chicken place, kinda like KFC but not quite so expensive.

KFC is expensive? Confused

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  I have been just wiped out by the time I get home the past few days.  I just want to inhale some food and then sleep.  So that's what I've been doing. Smile  Today is open house at DD's school, which goes until 9, so it will be another RD.  I haven't taken 3 days off in a row since May, I don't think, and I do think I need it.  HM training is ramping up, and I want to be fresh if I can.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Kaycee seems to be doing a little better today -- we grabbed her up and shot the antibiotic down her throat last night, dose 1 of 14, woo-hoo!!  She still hid downstairs instead of coming to sleep with us, but this morning she ate a bit of her old canned food and some of the nutritional supplement the vet gave us.  She's not munching the special kidney diet food yet, but hopefully that will come, and she did purr a bit when I petted her good-bye this morning, so she was definitely perkier.
                              No quartet tonight -- our lead is out of town!  So I'm thinking it's a good time for a bubble bath ...

Jerry -- Mmm, cheeseburgers!!

jblack -- Yay for payday, boo for no groceries!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4 done!!

Awood -- have fun with your double!!

Docket -- business dinners can be fun ...

Bin -- woo-hoo for your 6!!

scotty -- do your weights, or Damaris will bring out the whip!!

Jack -- good luck with your 4!!

Zelanie -- have fun at Open House, and rest up!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - enjoy your run.  Is that run  #43 for the year, month or what?

Jimmy - chicken for breakfast?  yech.  I hope you're doing most of your runs slowly.  I do know about trying to get back to the level you were before.  It's slow.

Pad - good job on the early run.  Enjoy the gym tonight.

Awood - enjoy your double.

Damaris - do you want to do the dinner tonight or not?  And yes, KFC is fairly expensive.  Too much for me, anyway.

Scotty - any after effects from yesterday's car brush?  Are you getting any of the TS rain where you live?

Bin - good job on the 6 this morning.  How's the cough?

Jack - have fun with the recovery miles this evening. 

Z - resting right now when everything is so crazy is a good idea.  Hope things settle down for you soon.

HopesMom - I'm glad the kitty is feeling better.  Did you do your run yesterday?

AFM:  no running today, but I'm encouraged because I don't hurt after yesterday's three.  Maybe bike or hike this afternoon.