Beginners and Beyond

Snowy SATURDAILIES (Read 57 times)

flarunner

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Did a 12 mile long run this morning. Clear skies, 57*, low-ish humidity. Great day for a run!

Hope all y'all are safe and warm.

Have a great day and weekend!

LRB

Supp Flo!

The snow here is long gone and a full sun is expected today.  The temps are in the teens as of now but a nice sunny high of 30 degrees is forecast.  I am hoping for some mile repeats at tempo pace if the grounds at the park are cleared.  If not, I will make it a long run.

As of now though, I am just sitting on my tush doing what I do.  Drankin' my drank!  Big grin

@runjerseygirl

SRD for me today.  Nothing much going on other than playing the snow with the kids.  They've been waiting all night for the snow.

Stay warm, friends!

Do you even run?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Off to tackle 10 miles with the running group, then doing a 4 mile prediction run on the trails later. The Montrail rep will be at the trails so trying some new shoes will be fun. No snow here, just cold. Enjoy your runs guys and gals.

Fla...have a great run in your beautiful weather.<lrb..good> </lrb..good>

Kay...have fun in the snow with your kids.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Enjoy your runs flarunner, LRB and SIAR. And have fun in the snow Kay!

im heading out in a bit to go skiing on some good ol man made snow in the St Louis area. It's going to be nearly 50 degrees, should be fun with my 18 year old DS and his friend. No run today but my LR tomorrow.

Just booked a trip to Ft Meyers Beach Florida in May!! I'm REALLY looking forward to early morning runs on the sand.

@flarunner-what part of Florida are you from?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

StepbyStep-SH

I have a 5-mile race this morning. The plan is for a couple miles warm-up, run the race about half-marathon pace, a couple cool down, assuming my ankle doesn't squawk at me. Later I'll take DS to hang out in the pool at the Y for a while so he can burn off some energy. Maybe we'll even go sledding in the afternoon.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

robinde

I'm jealous of the warm weather some of you have.  Good luck on your race StepbyStep!  I'm doing a 6 mile easy on the dreadmill today.  Too much snow to fight to try outside.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Looks like crosstraining with the snow thrower for me this morning. I would like to break out the cross country skis today and get my 2 running miles in.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Will probably do something later today (how's that for a training plan?). Single digit temps this morning, but expected to get up to mid-20's this afternoon with not much wind for a change. Hopefully the 8.6 I ran last night cured my jet lag; did that instead of taking a late afternoon nap. Managed to stay up till 9:00, then crashed for a solid 9 hours. My wife noted that for me, that is like a sleep marathon.

Hope all you out there in the Northeast are surviving.

Dave

runmomto3boys

8 recovery miles planned.

Just B.S.

Not sure what today will bring. The treadmill if anything.

We are in the middle of a blizzard, high winds started at 2am and are to last all day and into tonight.

The next street over has no power. Hard to tell how much snow we have because it's drifting in all

crazy directions.

Trying to get breakfast, shower and clean up the kitchen in case (which I'm sure it will) the power goes out.

If it doesn't then I will hit the treadmill for a bit.

Have a good one folks!

LRB

Welp, I can only sit here waiting for it to warm up so long.  It is 12 degrees now but thankfully no wind and thus no wind chill.

Still, it means I will have to double layer top, bottom and my gloves, and wear an ear wrap which I did not want to do, but it's time to stop whining and get off my rump.

See ya!

MTA: wind chill is 6, boo.

BruceD555

Good morning Dailies! Hope everyone in New England is doing OK. Be safe out there!

flarunner - Thanks for getting us started this morning. Nice job on the 12 this morning in beautiful conditions. Enjoy the rest of your day.

LRB - Sounds like you're gonna need shades for that run in the park. Be careful on the footing if you do decide to add in the mile repeats - especially if you're looping a path...somehow a slippery/icy spot materializes the 2nd lap.

KayPS - Enjoy your SRD and keep warm playing with the kiddos.

So_Im_a_Runner - Hope you have a great group run today and enjoy testing some new shoes on the trails later on. (That's interesting, I've never seen/heard of a rep showing up like that with trials)

Sparker1606 - Enjoy your SRD and skiing with your DS. Just be careful out there on the slopes.

StepbyStep-SH - Hope your ankle behaves and you have a great 5 mile race today! Sounds like you're planning to sandwich that in between and treat it as a tempo.

robinde - I hope the time flies by during your TM 6 later on today. (For me that never happens) I really need to figure out how to watch a movie or something to take my mind off the monotony.

Gustav1 - I hate cross training via snow removal. We've had 9 days in a row with snow accumulation so every day I end up clearing the driveway/walks a couple of times. I love winter ... but I'm starting to really hate snow.

DaveP MI - Nice job on cranking out the 8.6 last night to battle jet lag. I hear you on the sleep marathon, if I slept for 9 hours straight my wife might just think I had died.

runmomto3boys - Ya snuck in there while I was typing. Have a good 8 recovery miles today.

Just B.S. - Be safe! Hope your power stays on today and you weather the storm without any problems.

Yesterday afternoon at work I was dog tired and even had an extra cup of coffee to try to shake it - but no luck. I got home and was actually dreading my planned 11 mile run. I considered bagging the run but after laying around for about 30 minutes I finally got ready and headed out the front door about 6:00 (it was dark by then). I ran about a block down the street and had already hit 3 patches of black ice when I turned around and headed back home. I just had a bad feeling about running outside.

So, instead of just canceling the run and giving up, I drove to the indoor track at UW and decided I'd run whatever I felt like doing, but it probably would be far less than my planned 11. I started the first couple of miles easy and then decided to turn it into a pseudo progressive run to see how far I would go. I ended up with the full 11 miles at an average pace of 7:50 ... not what I had planned or expected. I guess it just goes to show that sometimes it pays to stick with it even when you don't feel like starting a run. Today I have 7 on tap with 10x100s at the end. (I may actually ax the strides since I did incorporate some shorter strides at the end of last night's run.)

Train smart ... race smarter.

delicate flower

Happy Weekend!  I finally got a decent night of sleep.  Feels great.  We got almost three feet of snow last night.  Poor DW...she's on her own for shoveling.

I am ready to tackle Day 2 of rehab.  Yesterday was awful...the PT was so incredibly painful, but I know the pain is good.  A low pain threshold will hold me back right now so I have to push through it.  *sigh*

<3