Beginners and Beyond

Snowy SATURDAILIES (Read 57 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

We only got about 4-6" and the shock of all shocks: our road is already plowed. Usually they wait until 4pm to do that.

I need to do 6 and 10 this weekend, so I'll see how I feel when I go out today. Whatever I don't do today I'll do tomorrow.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

Just being lazy this morning for now. I am drinking coffee and just read RedSparkle's RR. I may not even leave my apartment today. The plan for now is crosstraining using all the great stuff I have in my apartment that I rarely ever use.... aka my Wii exercise stuff (Zumba for Wii, Just Dance 2, Wii Fit) so in a bit I am going to do cardio and such with the Wii, and then do some stuff with my stability ball and 5lb weights. I realized I have been really, really neglecting my arms and haven't done a proper arm workout in forever....so I will definitely be doing arms. Also, core, and hip stuff.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck!

I have a 5-mile race this morning. The plan is for a couple miles warm-up, run the race about half-marathon pace, a couple cool down, assuming my ankle doesn't squawk at me. Later I'll take DS to hang out in the pool at the Y for a while so he can burn off some energy. Maybe we'll even go sledding in the afternoon.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

DCDan78

Good morning dailies!  Rest day for me so jut hanging withe the kiddos. I got in my 5 yesterday, though, and I'm planning 6-8 tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoys their runs or rest. And stays safe in the snow!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Too exhausted to wake up at 5am to do my LR, I woke up at 7:30am and braced the 75F and sun to finish 7 recovery miles.  In true Miami fashion, I got a tan during the run.  Stupid sun.

Have a nice day all!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Shari, good luck on your race!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris, those of us who just experienced a blizzard have little sympathy for 75 degrees and sunny. Just sayin Wink

@runjerseygirl

Damaris, those of us who just experienced a blizzard have little sympathy for 75 degrees and sunny. Just sayin Wink

True story. Joking

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Bah.  I would trade a blizzard here and there for my 80-100F all year long and mega hurricanes. Deal?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

6.4 sunny miles done.  Had to work a couple hours this morning so I ran in town for something different to look at.  Some of our work folks won't like that I ran in town, I found them a few things to do next week while I ran.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Ball of Fury

Just finished my easy 6-miler....it was great!  Hudson suggests sometimes running the Sat run on the faster end of easy pace and I thought, "No Way!" when I got up this morning.  But, once I got out there, I felt great.  Did mile 1 at 9:38, then the next 4 at 9:06, 9:05, 8:59, and 9:01 before slowing down to 9:31 on the last one.  They all felt great!!  think it it was the old school hip hop I was listening to....who doesn't love  Snoop Dog and Dr. Dre?  We have a new babysitter coming over for a trial run in a bit so DH and I are going to a movie....the kind where you get booze and food!  Hope everyone has a great day...be careful in the snow up there!  It is cold here (25ish) but sunny and clear and actually felt pretty good out on my run!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

StepbyStep-SH

Beth — I just hope you aren't on the TM when the power goes! That would bring your run to a screeching halt. Stay safe!

Back from the race, with 9 miles total for the day.

Overall, I am OK with this race. Bruce was right: My goal was to run it mostly as a tempo run around HMP, and that is where I was - though I'm not sure I could have pushed it much faster. While the time (39:24) comes out to a 7:53 pace for an actual 5-mile race, this course is about .1 mile short, so I was right at an 8:00 pace overall. I think I ended up 6th of 17 in my AG according to what they had posted before I left. I know at least one of the top 3 were in my AG, but I doubt all three were, so I was just out of the awards.

I wasn't as consistent as I would have liked, with mile 3 slipping to an 8:20 pace, but I recovered and held a 7:39 pace for the last mile. Roads were OK, though not perfect; there were just a few places where I needed to be vigilant about watching for slippery spots.

For my first short race in several months, I'll take this result. The ankle that I tweaked Thursday was quiet during the race, though I'll be monitoring it throughout the day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Shari!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

8.6 miles done at 8:06 pace

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My race went well, I swear their concrete out there at USI is like kryptonite to runners lol. My goal was 28:59 and I finished 28:29, which I am happy with though I was hoping for closer to under 28 minutes and I will blame that on a very evil hill at the end that seemed like forever. I will do RR later today, but it was better than I expected and I stayed under 9:30 pace for the most part. Smile I did do about a 2 mile warm up beforehand, about 1.15 around 7:30 a.m and then the rest around the university looking for a bathroom.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)