Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 47 times)

LRB

'Sup.

My three day weekend begins with a million things to do today, but a run will not be one of them. I'm not real happy about that but whatever.

What's up with you?

Cyberic

I just checked the IMM Web site. It is quite an event, with a thousand speakers today, an organized shakeout run on Sunday...

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

9 in light rain and big wind.  Storms otw.

All you folks have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

LRB, my fingers (all 11 of them) are crossed for you that your body holds up for your marathon.  Enjoy your long weekend!

'Morning, kids!  I got up early for an easy jog this morning followed by 4 x 50m strides up to 5K pace.  58 degrees, t-shirt, no gloves, and humid for a November morning run.  It doesn't seem right.  Swimming on the post-work schedule.

I've got a 5K tomorrow morning, though I feel like my hard runs Wednesday may come back to bite me in the ass.

<3

LRB, just stopping by to wish you all the best luck this weekend.

happylily

Rick, you will kick ass no matter what, because you will do your best. I hope your body is well rested and pain free tomorrow.

I have 12 tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

LRB, just stopping by to wish you all the best luck this weekend.

I want a tall beer. Like, 22 ounces. Smile

Have you decided on the location for your next half?

LRB

LRB, my fingers (all 11 of them) are crossed for you that your body holds up for your marathon.  Enjoy your long weekend!

'Morning, kids!  I got up early for an easy jog this morning followed by 4 x 50m strides up to 5K pace.  58 degrees, t-shirt, no gloves, and humid for a November morning run.  It doesn't seem right.  Swimming on the post-work schedule.

I've got a 5K tomorrow morning, though I feel like my hard runs Wednesday may come back to bite me in the ass.

It would have been really nice to run for 20 or so minutes this morning, just to see. But, that probably would have been stupid...

There was a storm called The Pineapple Express (I shit you not lol) that blew through here this morning. It was pretty wicked, hopefully it will have come and gone by the time of your race tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. At a seminar all morning. I have failed to run any of the miles I posted this week so I am going to say RD just in case. I guess I needed a mental break.

LRB, onemile, good luck tomorrow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Rick, you will kick ass no matter what, because you will do your best. I hope your body is well rested and pain free tomorrow.

I have 12 tonight.

"The conditions were perfect and I arrived to the starting corral in great shape and without a single issue, which was a miracle in and of itself. "

That is from my race report from last year's marathon, you think I know myself? lol The same can be said for a lot of us though because nothing about marathon training or the race is guaranteed. We all do them for different reasons and for me it's simple; I'm driven by goals and enjoy challenges. And my goal is to someday beat the marathon in its stupid ugly face. Big grin

happylily

"The conditions were perfect and I arrived to the starting corral in great shape and without a single issue, which was a miracle in and of itself. "

That is from my race report from last year's marathon, you think I know myself? lol The same can be said for a lot of us though because nothing about marathon training or the race is guaranteed. We all do them for different reasons and for me it's simple; I'm driven by goals and enjoy challenges. And my goal is to someday beat the marathon in its stupid ugly face. Big grin

How does your goal for tomorrow compare to last year's goal?

LRB

How does your goal for tomorrow compare to last year's goal?

I've come to understand that the marathon is a tactical race, and you have to be smart about it. So far I've been mostly stupid so my goal(s) are mostly mental and revolve around race execution and finishing strong, not necessarily a fixed time.

Cyberic

It would have been really nice to run for 20 or so minutes this morning, just to see. But, that probably would have been stupid...

As most people prefer running the day before, I have tried that, as I used to take the day before off. After a few tests, I've come to the conclusion that personnally, for a long race, I prefer not running the day before and not even warm up before the race. The race excitement largely compensates for the minor cobwebs my legs might have, but on the other hand my legs are 100% fresh.

Cyberic

Best of luck to you guys tomorrow!

happylily

I've come to understand that the marathon is a tactical race, and you have to be smart about it. So far I've been mostly stupid so my goal(s) are mostly mental and revolve around race execution and finishing strong, not necessarily a fixed time.

Still, to execute your race well, don't you have to pick a time or are you simply going by effort? I think I only ran one marathon by effort only (I had forgotten to charge my garmin). Amusingly, the result was the same for me: I ran the first half too half, the third quarter at a reasonable pace and the last quarter was a shuffle.