Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Want To Know - What's Up With That Grumpy Cat? (Read 44 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

My wife loves that Grumpy Cat - I think some of the sayings are hilarious. She has even made some of her own. Good! I hope all the fame doesn't go to the cat's head!

Ran 5 easy yesterday and plan on 8 after work - it might rain but no hail. Ohh the hail!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I love Grumpy Cat!

6 miles with 8X100m strides done this morning.

I hate morning running; too humid.  Weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

From yesterday,

Ginny, thsy will not make up the class. We will just pick it up on Monday, the Thursday runs are actually called an alternate run, and is not so much a mandatory class. We try to teach them to do some running on their own too.

Today I will look for 6-8 when I get off work. I was thinking about racing a local 5k on Sunday, but now have to work Saturday, so I will wait until next weekend for a different 5k.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Grumpy cat rocks.

2.3 miles with some strides, just letting my legs know that it's almost time to go to work. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Rest day for me. Feeling grumpy like the cat today.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have no idea what Grumpy Cat is. I am not in that loop. I did a hard seven mile tempo run last night and I have a nice rest day today. Tomorrow I  working the triple jump pit at older DD's track meet. It is an all thing and I have to get twelve miles in at some point. It will be a looooooong day. Ugh...

Have a nice weekend and good luck to the racers!

Philliefan33

Rats!  I made a nice little grumpy cat meme for Kristin and Jack, but can't figure out how to link it to show up here.

Trying to finish up some work before I leave in half an hour.  I'll be without internet until Sunday night -- good luck to the racers this weekend!  I'll check in when I get home Sunday to see how you did.

Zel -- my sister in law and niece are also running in Corvallis on Sunday.  Hope you don't get drenched!

grumpy cat

Philliefan33

Forgot to say...

The grumpy cat said "No, I am not running today."

Bin Running

Still on vacation. 90+ behind bunny now. Argh~!

Mel, good luck with the HM.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hi guys!

I've barely run at all this week, and barely posted this week.  It's just been one of those weeks.  I've never had one, but now I can join the club.  Yep, life got in the way.  I think it's okay because I have a race Saturday.  Then, I start may with travel for a week like conference, a bachelor party weekend, and then a wedding.

Luckily, the next week is exactly 24 weeks from my marathon.  So, I can start my 24 week program right after the mess.  Until then, I'll probably just run what I can, when I can.  Life gets crazy sometimes.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

good morning friends. knocked out 6.2 this morning. felt pretty good.

I might be running a marathon in a month. so probably will do an easy 18 tomorrow before t-ball pictures.

make today great,

T-Rod

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

Awood, how's the cake coming up?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Ha...I'll let you know later tonight.  I just got them baked last night.  So, I should be able start putting the real work in tonight.

Awood, how's the cake coming up?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

I have today off because we worked late for conferences the last two days.  I am going to run an easy 3-4 with the dogs in a bit, maybe with some strides.  Then if I am still motivated I am hoping to get the backyard into some semblance of order, maybe get some veggie starts planted.  But we'll see.

Gustav- Enjoy the 8 later!  Don't forget about Grumpy Cat's pal, Gollum-

Damaris- Glad you got your running in already!

Mitch- You are a racing machine lately!

Kristin- Almost the weekend!

Jack- 12 miles is nothing for you these days.  Smile

Margo- Looks like you're probably gone already, but good luck to your SIL and niece!  I don't think it will be raining too hard if it is.  At least I hope not.

Bin- Sounds like you are having a great time!

Awood- I think taking time this week sounds like a perfect little break between your HM and your full.

T-rod- Good luck on the 18!