Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Want To Know - What's Up With That Grumpy Cat? (Read 44 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: Those runs looks familiar because I have browsed my friend's book. Daniels is a doctor/scientist and I know there are tons of research that goes into his plans. He used to coach Ryan Hall, if I remember correctly.

D2: Does that plan peak at 55 mpw? I don't think I can handle anymore than that. Thanks for the offer, that would be great. I hope it's not too much trouble.

T-rod: when I have time I will check out the Damaris plan. Thanks to you, as well.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great run/walk on the San Antonio Riverwalk yesterday after work!  Ended up with 4.2 miles.   After the near-90 temp for my run/walk on Tuesday, the weather yesterday was beautiful!   Sunny, slight breeze, 62 degrees, low humidity, low dewpoint., sweeet!  I started out by the Tower of the Americas, ran past The Alamo, and worked my way down to the Riverwalk, then went on it from one end to another end.  For some reason yesterday it was not very crowded at all, so I managed to keep up a pretty good pace during my running segments.   I finished at the RiverCenter by a food court where people were enjoying some Peruvian pipe music played by a group that was outside by the River, and also could see the river tour barges going back and forth, and the nice water garden and fountains. As I sat there for a few minutes, a friend came up behind me and said "Hey, Scotty, saw you finishing your run!"  He then handed me one of the two beers he was carrying and said "Have a cold one on me!"   NICE! Big grin  So we sat and chatted for a bit and drank our cold beers and enjoyed the music and surrounding scenery...enjoyable way to cool-down after a run!

Today is a rest day and I am leaving work a bit early to go pick up my packet for my 5K tomorrow - Race #24 for 2013!

Good luck with your 8 today, Gustav!  what the heck is  Grumpy Cat?

Wow, Damaris got in a morning run!  Way to go!  Sure you don't want to move to San Antonio?  We get hot like your area does; but we also get a lot more RELIEF days than you do, like the one I enjoyed yesterday.

Good luck with your miles, Mitch.  Darn that work, interfering with your racing and running, how rude!

Still tapering, Dave?  Good luck with the upcoming half!

Enjoy the rest day.  Sorry you are feeling like Grumpy Cat...maybe you need to be gently rubbed behind your ears.... Wink

Congrats on the tempo run, Jack!  Have fun at the meet tomorrow.  Maybe, in between contestants, you can  run little loops around the field,  with all the loops over the day totaling up to 12 miles. That will work, right?  Joking

Wishing you a safe trip, Margo!  You are probably gone already, so won't be reading this, but sending out good vibes for you for a safe trip and a happy weekend!

90+ behind bunny now.  Gee, Bin, I have no idea what that means, lol. It's 90+ behind your bunny?  Has your bunny been eating spicy food again?  Move out of the way of 'the wind', Bin!

Life sure does get crazy at times, Awood!  So try to run when you can to help yourself cope and stay sane!  Good luck with your race and all your upcoming activity!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I was grumpy because I was having a grumpy morning. But I got some great news so I am feeling better! The real reason for my personal day yesterday was I had a job interview. And....I was just offered the position!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I was grumpy because I was having a grumpy morning. But I got some great news so I am feeling better! The real reason for my personal day yesterday was I had a job interview. And....I was just offered the position!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Jack, yup it peaks at 55mpw, I think it starts you out around 35mpw.  No problem, I'll try to get it scanned tonight.

Congrats Kristin!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Got my last run in before race day!  Felt fantastic.  Absolutely no trouble from the hip.  The dogs talked me into taking the trail side instead of the paved side, and then a little stop for them to swim.  I got in 4 miles total, with 6 sets of strides in the 3rd mile.  I was aiming for comfortable race pace with good form, but the first number on my watch kept showing up as a 7.  That's not the number I'll be seeing on race day!  Well, maybe for the last .1.

Vance- Bummer about that race!  I know you were really looking forward to it.

Coralie- If you ran today and your race is Sunday, I would recommend taking tomorrow off.  Maybe go for a walk if you have to do something.  Congrats on getting close to "overweight" territory!

Cherie- That sunset run sounds fun!  IIRC, you guys get great sunsets out there, don't you?

kristin- Congrats!  Is it still a teaching position?

T-rod: when I have time I will check out the Damaris plan. Thanks to you, as well.

its the pfitz 55/18 plan

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, the Damaris' Plan.  I like it.  I wish I was that famous!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Snickers1230

Ran 3 miles on the treadmill last night.  DH wanted to start the couch to 5k program so we ran next to each other at different speeds Smile  That's one of the benefits to running on a treadmill!

Scotty, I may be in San Antonio the first weekend of May.  Any good 5ks on May 4th?  If there's one you're doing, let me know and I'll try to join you.

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys! I am a pediatric occupational therapist. I work with children with special needs full-time in a school for children with autism, then see kids privately in the evenings part-time. This job would replace my fulltime job. It is at another school for kids with autism but a LOT more money. A whole lot more! So no more grumpy cat me despite having a sucky morning! I am keeping it on the DL until everything is finalized so anyone friends with me on facebook don't say anything!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Well done, Kristin! Some bar trivia might be in order for tonight! Smile

Zelanie

kristin- Sounds like it's time for some more running gear! Wink

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Bar trivia, new running gear, all great ways to celebrate!

Ooh, the Damaris' Plan.  I like it.  I wish I was that famous!

the intervals would have to be done in high heat and crazy humidity and or dew point.

your plan would be infamous - more than famous Smile

Tomas

Thanks guys! I am a pediatric occupational therapist. I work with children with special needs full-time in a school for children with autism, then see kids privately in the evenings part-time. This job would replace my fulltime job. It is at another school for kids with autism but a LOT more money. A whole lot more! So no more grumpy cat me despite having a sucky morning! I am keeping it on the DL until everything is finalized so anyone friends with me on facebook don't say anything!

big thumbs up

Tomas