Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies Winter Warning - Is anyone warm besides folks in South Florida? (Read 48 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BRRRR, it is cold for we South Texans San Antonio - 30 flippin' degrees right now - and we did get a bit of ice in some places.   North Texas has lower temps than we South Texans do, glad I don't live up there!  Thankfully, no major precipitation where I am,  so the roads are dry.   But tomorrow and through Saturday, we are predicted to get some freezing rain, which will make the roads, walkways, etc., nice and slick.  And the temps will not even get out of the 30s until sometime Saturday afternoon.   Fun stuff....NOT!

Did a run/walk after work yesterday, around 3 PM, during the time my poor ole cat Sinatra had a procedure done by our vet to take care of a couple of abscesses he had.    Poor ole Sinatra has had a time of it, lately, we just got his ear infection cleaned up and now apparently he got into some kind of fight, hence the abscess wounds, so now has stitches, and wearing 'the cone' on his neck so he can't get to them, and is just having a fun time adjusting to eating and drinking with the cone.        Anyway, although the temp was a pleasant 52 degrees for my run/walk, the darn wind was blowing at 25 mph, making it feel mucho colder.   Tht wind was tough, but I managed to get in 3.1 miles, with a couple of hills thrown in.   Plan on doing about 3 today at a local park, and hoping the weather will be at least out of the 30s by the time I get off work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

A balmy 8 degrees here, up from -1 last night.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It is actually not in the 80s but it only lasts this morning.  4-5 miles after work, then dinner with dad and his GF.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

-15F at 7 am this morning in Beloeil, with a feel like of -39F (not joking...) HAHAHA! I WIN!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

-15F at 7 am this morning in Beloeil, with a feel like of -39F (not joking...) HAHAHA! I WIN!

If the feels like was -40 you wouldn't need to specify F or C.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

B-Plus

41 here. Heading out for 6 to complete the pm/am double.

onemile

-5 here, feels like -24. I ran 8 on the TM last night, sort of a progression run.  Probably more TM miles tonight, depending on the snow.

+1F temp / -17F windchill here. 9 miles on the treadmill.

Ran while watching a documentary on Netflix about the first successful Mt Everest expedition in 1953. Now that was something worth complaining about. We should all just shut up.

Dave

Little Blue

17 here.  Rest day anyway, thankfully.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

18 in Fort Worth

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

SRD for me, it is currently 4 with a windchill of -5 here. Rocky is getting restless but I think it would be in my best interest to give myself a full week of no running.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

15 above zero in Baltimore. All schools are delayed because of it. It was 10 when I left for work. We are wimps here about cold.

Treadmill later.

You Rang?

44F here in SoCal.  Headed out for six.  I may wear long sleves.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

delicate flower

Weather!  I agree.  As such, I will be treadmilling today because screw that shit.

Missed my run yesterday because of work.  I knew I should have gotten it done in the morning.  Oh well.  I honestly think this was the first time in my last three marathon cycles that I missed a run.  I AM GOING TO SUCK NOW!

<3

Docket_Rocket

It's 65F here, just in case you were wondering.  I saw leather jackets and a coat.  A coat!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page