Beginners and Beyond

WDW Marathon RR (Late of course), my first (with pic's) (Read 116 times)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Thanks for the kind words.  It was so hot that day, my Dry-Fit shorts were soaked half way down and I did not pour water over my head or use the sponges provided to us.  Shirt was completely soaked all the way around and carried downward.  Still was a memorable day.

Supersono99

congrats on your first marathon. The FE and getting to run with someone sounds really great! I hope your next marathon can be pain free! They got great pics of you to make up for the ones your DD wasn't able to capture!

delicate flower

It looks like you ran a good race for your first marathon!  Congratulations!  Given your training, you were bound to get tired.  You did a great job though of hanging on.  Love the pics of you and AmiK!

DW and I have been to WDW a bunch of times and almost always stay at Old Key West (thanks to our Vacation Club friend).  Love that place!

<3

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Thank you all for the kind words, pushing through the mental games was tough, but a good sense of accomplishment.

Damaris: Sorry we did not get to meet, even though you missed my 10' sign in the reunion area!!!  (lol)

LRB: I didn't post the pictures of me stammering or having my legs flail.  I look like a real dork in those

Lilly: Go run indy sometime, then you get to meet mary and AmiK

AmiK: Thanks for running with me, you made it special

Slowrunningjulie: Thanks for the kind words

DaveP MI: Thanks, I am planning on Philly this Nov as my 2nd

Mary: You are a whoot.  Your DH is a double whoot.  The FE was fun, my first and will always remember you guys

Just BS: I guess its kinda cool for parents to run with kids, when I was young it didn't matter.  Whats the saying about wisdom:  Knowledge is knowing that a tomatoe is a fruit - wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.

Supersono99: Thanks.  My DW didn't really want to watch me run till the end cause it was so early.  So much for family support, lol.  Neat thing about this race was they texted you your splits and your projected finish time.  Thus your family had a good idea when you would cross.

Baboon: We love OKW, been members for about 10 years now.  Still our favorite place.

Docket_Rocket

I assure you, I looked!

Thank you all for the kind words, pushing through the mental games was tough, but a good sense of accomplishment.

Damaris: Sorry we did not get to meet, even though you missed my 10' sign in the reunion area!!!  (lol)

LRB: I didn't post the pictures of me stammering or having my legs flail.  I look like a real dork in those

Lilly: Go run indy sometime, then you get to meet mary and AmiK

AmiK: Thanks for running with me, you made it special

Slowrunningjulie: Thanks for the kind words

DaveP MI: Thanks, I am planning on Philly this Nov as my 2nd

Mary: You are a whoot.  Your DH is a double whoot.  The FE was fun, my first and will always remember you guys

Just BS: I guess its kinda cool for parents to run with kids, when I was young it didn't matter.  Whats the saying about wisdom:  Knowledge is knowing that a tomatoe is a fruit - wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.

Supersono99: Thanks.  My DW didn't really want to watch me run till the end cause it was so early.  So much for family support, lol.  Neat thing about this race was they texted you your splits and your projected finish time.  Thus your family had a good idea when you would cross.

Baboon: We love OKW, been members for about 10 years now.  Still our favorite place.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page