Beginners and Beyond

It's Wednesday - Who let the Penguins out? (Read 216 times)

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

Gustav- Sorry you didn't get your bike out.  The weather has been so nice here in missouri too but I have a feeling it's going to be going down fast.

awood- we have a house in our neighborhood that has so many lights and if you turn the radio to a certain station in your car the lights flash to the christmas music.  It's pretty cool

Rach- Enjoy the PT!  I bet it's tough

Jimmy- Great job getting in your run last night.  I used to have head aches when I was younger, so bad it would make me throw up. Pepperment smell used to help it a little bit (Like a cream) but I went to the doctor and it turned out that my neck was out of place and thats what was causing them. 

H4L- Hope you enjoyed your lazy day and are all rested up for the 6 today!

Dave- You sir, are my Runspiration!

BinRunning- Congrats on the half! You definitaly deserve to enjoy those recovery days.  And it's great that you donate blood! I'm AB- blood type, very rare.

Jerry= Hope you get to run!

Today is a strength training day for me.  I'm going to get on the bowflex and do some full body strength training. I'm begining to think my training schedule doesn't have enough running in it... but let me hold that thought until after my first couple long runs. Smile  Happy Hump Day Everyone!

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

Kristen- Great job on the AM run!  My boyfriend got me up at 5am for a ten miler a couple weeks ago and it was the best feeling ever!  Too bad I can't get myself up everyday.

Kristi- awesome workout.  I'm new to the treadmill but I have to say it kicked my butt yesterday.  I always thought treadmill workouts werent as good as getting out there and running but man o man, i think i was wrong

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

Awood- are you going full Griswold with it? Love it!

Gustav- perfect weather! It's a shame you weren't able to take advantage.  We have a house in our hood decorated so pretty, I have major decor envy. But, the ones I prefer are the ones that are just over the top tacky. LOVE THEM.

Rach- hope it is something fun!

Jimmy- what's going on with your noggin? Allergies? Sinus?

Mitch- with your crazy hours........hope you get your miles in tonight.

Dave- you're killing those miles!

Bin- good for you for donating. and, rest up! you did work.

Jerry- you two are really putting on miles prepping for that HM. use those RDs for rest. don't get overtraining injuries (like me)

Kristin- i like how you marked the excuses off one by one. need to remember that!

Kristii- nice job on the treadmill! speed is easier than inclines on those things, so good for you! i'm an incline WIMP

Eatrunlive- what plan are you doing, and how many days running? what are you training for

My little is better. No vomit yesterday. When hub unit got home I was able to go to the Y to run the tread. Did 6 mi. An 8:02 minute, if I recall. Have a bootcamp type class this morning, then a couple of miles if its in me.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning everyone.

I got back into my 5am routine this morning.  It feels great to be back running early.  I got in 4.3 miles before heading in to work.  My run felt good and there is now very little sign of the ankle/arch soreness that I had been experiencing.

Later.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Dad on the run.

I've been to the doctor on several occasions regarding the headaches/migraines and I have had scans done in the past and they never found anything that was causing them and since my mom's entire family suffers with them they just tell me its hereditary and give me prescription meds to take. I was on a preventative that I took daily but I'm just not comfortable with drugs I have to take daily, hence one of the reasons I started running to help get my BP down... the running seems to help control the frequency of the headaches as well. My wife's aunt keeps telling me to go to a Chiropractor that has an office about 5 minutes from our house, her son had real bad headaches as well and started seeing Dr. Webber and now he rarely has headaches.

I guess I will eventually break down and try a Chiropractor, I just hate spending money only to find out it didn't work...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  3-5 recovery miles for me today.  How's everybody?  Brain is still fried.

Damaris

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

Eatrunlive- what plan are you doing, and how many days running? what are you training for

I'm doing an intermediate marathon training schedule I found online. theres 1 CT day a week, 1 Rest day a week, and 1 ST day a week, then 4 running days.  I'm training for my first marathon april 7 2013 the st. louis go marathon.

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Morning all!

I love the personals, you guys are so caring & motivating! Sorry I’m always in such a rush that I don’t get to say individual hellos Sad!

5 miles yesterday on the indoor track…16 laps = 1 mile, yikes Surprised! I turn up the volume on my headphones and go around & around & around!

Another 5 miles inside tonight.

Have a wonderful Wednesday Penguins Smile!

Brenda

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Dad on the run.

Morning all!

I love the personals, you guys are so caring & motivating! Sorry I’m always in such a rush that I don’t get to say individual hellos Sad!

5 miles yesterday on the indoor track…16 laps = 1 mile, yikes Surprised! I turn up the volume on my headphones and go around & around & around!

Another 5 miles inside tonight.

Have a wonderful Wednesday Penguins Smile!

Brenda

I commend you for that. I would get about 8 laps in, say a few choice words and go home. I CANNOT run around in circles, I think that would be worse than running on a treadmill.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

64 degrees, nice Gustav!  Yeah, Daylight Savings sucks...I much prefer when it stays lighter in the evening since I am mainly an evening runner.

Rach, without your usual Great Legs avatar, I didn't even realize that was you, lol, with your new avatar.   Yeah, group exercise, gotta love the military!  Hope it all went well!  Have you bought all your clothes for Alaska now?

Awood, you can come put lots of lights on my house too...if you also agree to pay my electric bill for the month.  Wink  Yeah, Rach is in the Air Force...and you should see her other avatar, the Great Legs one....hubba!  (we need the 'excited' emoticon back for me, lol)

Yeah, Jimmy, I learned the hard way not to do a weight training day the day before a race day, lol.  Wow, you slept in the bathtub?  Were you all wrinkly by the time your alarm went off?  Big grin

You are becoming quite consistent with the 8 mile distance, Dave.

Enjoy the post-HM resting, Bin.  Get back into it when your body feels ready.

Gee, Jerry, does going to the Health Club really count as a REST?  Enjoy your workout there.

Way to suck it up Buttercup Kristin and get your body out there!  Congrats on your miles.

Congrats on your hill training Kristi!

Good luck with your strength training, eatrunlivehappy!  As for running days, don't push too much too fast, good way to get injured.   Start off with 3 - 4 running days a week, maintain for a while, build some base mileage up, add a day after that.  Find a good schedule to follow, that will help you increase gradually and safely.  Lots of good ones out there.

Happy boot camp and miles, Kara. Glad your litte one is feeling better.

Nice on your miles, Robert; not so nice on that early time!  I am SOOOO not a morning person, lol.  Glad your ankle behaved.

Happy recovery miles, Damaris.

So for 5 miles, you did EIGHTY laps on the indoor track?  Shocked   Brenda, you have a LOT of patience.  The owners of the indoor track should put cheese out for everyone who finishes... Joking

AFM:  3.3 lovely miles after work yesterday evening at Fort Sam Houston.   Great weather, 77 degrees, low humidity and dewpoint, just beautiful outside.  December in San Antonio and still able to run outside in shorts and singlet, ain't it grand? Big grin   We had a "cold" front - cold for us anyway - blow in last night so this morning it is a chilly 49 degrees.  However, at my run time today (4:30 pm), it will be a pleasant 77 degrees again.  I plan on 3 - 4 miles along the San Antonio Riverwalk today.   By the time I finish, it should be dark enough where I can enjoy all the holiday lights that are now up along the Riverwalk.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Morning all!

Gustav, thanks for starting us off!  Ah nice weather, we'll see that in May and it will be gone by June...

Awood, when you are done can you come do my house?  I can pay in beer or smoked beef products (oh and take you on some great runs Smile).

Rach, have fun with the PT!

Jimmy, my wife gets migraines and the preventative while not 100% effective it does lessen the severity and length of the migraine.  Also if you get them at night, try Tylonol (sp?) PM, the PM should knock you out so you can at least sleep.  Problem is is that caffiene is supposed to help migraines, so most people take a migraine med with caffiene in it so they then can't sleep...  Hope you feel better, and I say as long as you aren't falling down and can run someplace safe, run tonight it may help.

Mitch, SLACKER!  Just kidding, hope you enjoyed the RD

Dave, nice miles you sir are a beast! (but probably not as physically scarey as you used to be since you are now half your former size Smile)

Bin, enjoy the RD and now I have to hunt down your RR.

Jerry, good luck getting the run in.

ERLH, good luck with the ST, its something I need to start.

Robert, nice run!

Damaris, good luck and isn't that your normal warm-up?

Kara, wow you are FAST!  Nice run.

Kristin, there was aflow chart last year along the same lines Smile  Way to get out.

Kristii, great job o the treadmill, you are better then me, as I can't stand the dreadmill

AFM, 5.2 again this morning, was going to shoot for 7 but couldn't get out of bed early enough.  Then I checked in with the 2013 in 2013 and all you guys have bigger milage goals then me....  Its making me want to redo my goal (Well Dave and Damaris, you guys are nuts and your big goals just make me want to go take a nap).  Will have to think about that...

Now to something kinda gross so skip this part if you are squeemish.  After finishing my HM I noticed a small amount of blood on my shirt, lower on my stomach, near my belly button.  I couldn't find the source of the blood so I wrote it off.  This morning after my run there was a large blood stain over my belly button again, and my belly button is all red and sore.  Anyone else had this issue, or is this one of those, "Get to a doctor, idiot" kinds of things?

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Now to something kinda gross so skip this part if you are squeemish.  After finishing my HM I noticed a small amount of blood on my shirt, lower on my stomach, near my belly button.  I couldn't find the source of the blood so I wrote it off.  This morning after my run there was a large blood stain over my belly button again, and my belly button is all red and sore.  Anyone else had this issue, or is this one of those, "Get to a doctor, idiot" kinds of things?

Brady, your umbilical cord finally broke off... 

Seriously, I don't know what would cause that, unless you have some kind of internal problem right behind the ole belly button..maybe a broke blood vessel or something?  Anyway, definitely would get that checked to rule out it is not something more serious. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood- 6 miles and Christmas decorating daily sounds like a full time job. Do you have kids? I wouldnt do nearly as much if we didnt have kids. We have a few little plow ups and a few lights outside. Inside we have two 8 foot trees, made some ornaments and painted them and all that fun stuff. Our 5 year old likes to do little crafts.

Gustav- bummer about the sun going down too early to ride the bike.

Rach- I assume you will have a pretty good workout and one that isnt boring. Changing up stuff is a good thing. Keep up the good work.

J Black- looks like a good job with the mileage increase. BTW- I made that mistake of running and lifting hard during the same workout a while back. I ran to the gym 2 miles, lifted pretty hard, and then suffered on the mostly walk on the way back to the house.

Hog- its not lazy- its called a rest day Smile

Dave- what time do you get up to get your 8 miles in during the morning? I have 8 planned for tomorrow and have to be out the door by 5am, one of the joys of being slow Sad

Bin- how did your legs feel after your HM? I was pretty sore after my HM, but had to start running pretty soon afterwards. Great job with the blood donation. That is such a good thing to do.

Kristin- I understand the winter game points. I explained how it worked to my wife, and she laughed at me. I told her I got to suffer through 16 miles at 75 deg in 30 mph wind and scored ZERO for it. I will keep posting my runs, but it is so depressing to see that my runs dont count.

Kristi- good job on the TM this am. I cant stand the TM, so my only tip to help is that it make it more fun, press a button every 4 minutes. This can be faster, slower, up, or down. This has helped me when I am forced to do it.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Zelanie

I am going to assume that this is Awood's house.

Today I have 5.5 on the schedule, probably late and on the TM.  Gotta try to get home from work in time to do some shopping before stores close, plus I think DH is making dinner, so I will run late.

Awood- Good luck on the lights and running! 

Gustav- Hope you're able to get the bike out tonight.

Rach- Hope the PT session is a good one!

Jimmy- So sorry about the headache!  Hope it clears up today.

Mitch- Good idea to take a RD when you need one.  I bet your legs will feel fresh next time!

D2- Nice run!

Bin- Glad you're healing up nicely.  I try to find blood drives after a race too.  That way I can donate but don't feel like I'm killing my training either.

Jerry- Haha, you need a RD to get to the gym?  DW sounds like a tough cookie!

Kristin- Good job getting up and getting out there!

Kristi- Nice run!  Variety helps to keep things interesting on the TM.

ERLH- Does your plan keep 4 days/week all the way up to your marathon?  Cause it seems like I would want more days running than that.  Maybe you could start with a short run on your XT or strength day so that you still get a day all the way off?

Kara- Nice speedy miles!  Glad the little one is feeling better!

Robert- Yay for good miles!

D- Hope you feel better soon!  Did you get to enjoy Vegas at all while you were there?

Brenda- We're happy to have you here!  Some days you might have time for personals, but don't worry if not!  We still like to hear from everyone!  GL on the miles later!

Scotty- Love the weather you guys are having down there!

Brady- I'm not sure how many miles you signed up for, but I think I was pretty conservative with 1200.  So we can perhaps be conservative penguins together?  Never heard of the blood thing.  Could you perhaps get a call in to the Doc to see if they want you to come in or not?

Tomas- Hope you have a good day today!

Brady I would definitely call the doctors office! IMHO it seems better to have it checked out than not!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!