Beginners and Beyond

It's Wednesday - Who let the Penguins out? (Read 216 times)

ERLH - Have fun with the bowflex. I am in training also, and I was doubting the plan the other day. My sister told me just stick with it and you will be fine. I am trusting her and the training plan.

Kara- you are getting too fast. way to go on the 8 and glad the little one is feeling better.

Robert- 5 am runs are tough. good job.

Damaris- sorry your brain is fried. enjoy the recovery run later.

Brenda- How do you not get dizzy Big grin  good job on the mileage. I get stir crazy on a regular 400meter track.

Scotty- the river walk area is pretty cool. I should have taken the family that way when we were in town last weekend.

Brady- my mileage goal on the 2013 game is pretty soft I think. As far as the bleeding goes, i have no idea what it is. maybe post a picture of it or something. I have gont to webmd at times, but that is usually horribly bad news -- it either tells me to go to the ER or it could be cancer. Good luck though. Is it like a chaffing issue in a strage spot?

AFM - yesterday after work I did a walk jog with my wife. She is repreating week 5 of C25K. She keeps missing workouts and is affraid to move on. The weather was nice and we had a good time. I logged in another 2.5 miles and I got to see part of my morning route in the day light. It sure does seem alot different. There are more dogs out at 5pm than 5am. Today is a rest day for me.

make today great

tomas

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Zelanie- you snuck in on me - shopping and hubby cooking dinner???? you must have been doing some stuff right to get that treatment Big grin

good luck on the miles later.

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Morning all!

I love the personals, you guys are so caring & motivating! Sorry I’m always in such a rush that I don’t get to say individual hellos Sad!

5 miles yesterday on the indoor track…16 laps = 1 mile, yikes Surprised! I turn up the volume on my headphones and go around & around & around!

Another 5 miles inside tonight.

Have a wonderful Wednesday Penguins Smile!

Brenda

I wouldn't worry. If that were a requisite for the penguins, I woul've been evicted 3 years ago Big grin.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Awood, thanks I'll definately take it easy this week. How's the 60min a day going on? Brady, I didn't do a RR. Sorry abt that. Tomas, my legs are just a little sore on next day. I don't really feel any of the HM in day 3. Mel, I remember you just donated not too long ago. I haven't donate for a while and not since I stared running. Happy to give my o+

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

I am going to assume that this is Awood's house.

Today I have 5.5 on the schedule, probably late and on the TM.  Gotta try to get home from work in time to do some shopping before stores close, plus I think DH is making dinner, so I will run late.

Awood- Good luck on the lights and running! 

Gustav- Hope you're able to get the bike out tonight.

Rach- Hope the PT session is a good one!

Jimmy- So sorry about the headache!  Hope it clears up today.

Mitch- Good idea to take a RD when you need one.  I bet your legs will feel fresh next time!

D2- Nice run!

Bin- Glad you're healing up nicely.  I try to find blood drives after a race too.  That way I can donate but don't feel like I'm killing my training either.

Jerry- Haha, you need a RD to get to the gym?  DW sounds like a tough cookie!

Kristin- Good job getting up and getting out there!

Kristi- Nice run!  Variety helps to keep things interesting on the TM.

ERLH- Does your plan keep 4 days/week all the way up to your marathon?  Cause it seems like I would want more days running than that.  Maybe you could start with a short run on your XT or strength day so that you still get a day all the way off?

Kara- Nice speedy miles!  Glad the little one is feeling better!

Robert- Yay for good miles!

D- Hope you feel better soon!  Did you get to enjoy Vegas at all while you were there?

Brenda- We're happy to have you here!  Some days you might have time for personals, but don't worry if not!  We still like to hear from everyone!  GL on the miles later!

Scotty- Love the weather you guys are having down there!

Brady- I'm not sure how many miles you signed up for, but I think I was pretty conservative with 1200.  So we can perhaps be conservative penguins together?  Never heard of the blood thing.  Could you perhaps get a call in to the Doc to see if they want you to come in or not?

Tomas- Hope you have a good day today!

Oh, yeah.  Up to the marathon, we had tons of fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  DH and Dusty and I did W1D2 last night, so that's all good.  DH has been walking Dusty, but it's not really enough -- he does better when we're running.  A tired dog is a well-behaved dog!  And Dusty is so funny, he gets all excited to be outside that he pulls DH along for the first half-mile or so, and then he just trots alongside for the rest of the run.  But he really wants to just kick it and GO, so when we go in the backyard to stretch afterwards, he goes tearing around like a racehorse.  It's quite amusing!  Anyway, no running today, choir practice tonight.  Our church program is on the 16th, so after that I can go back to skipping Wednesday night practice.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

I wouldn't worry. If that were a requisite for the penguins, I woul've been evicted 3 years ago Big grin.

thats because you are a rule breaker Smile

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

thats because you are a rule breaker Smile

Ahem, I work at rule enforcing!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Brady, do you have an inny, or outy?

Ahem, I work at rule enforcing!

My job is that too -- after work and while running.....its on like donky kong. we dont need no stinking rules. Big grin

Tomas

I am going to assume that this is Awood's house.

Since Awood keep saying that his neighbor has gone overboard....I assume Awood's is the house with the 3 porch lights Big grin

If my neighbor had that, I am sure there would be cut wires somewhere along the way.

Tomas

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

5 mile tempo run on tap for later. We are very busy these days.  Shopping, school, kids' pracitices, life... Both DDs have qualified to run in a national club meet in Albuquerque, NM this weekend. They are missing school on Friday and driving the ten hours to get there. I can't go because my band is playing Friday night. Also, I am signing up for the La Jolla Half Marathon in April. It will be cool because the course goes right by DS's dorm room at UC San Diego. He lives between miles 9 and 10 on the course.  More later... busy, busy, busy.  Have a great day.

Dad on the run.

ERLH - Glad to know there is someone else out there that uses a bowflex Smile

T-Rod - tell your wife to move on, she might just be suprised how well she does with a more difficult day

Hope's Mom - My dogs do the same thing. They go nuts at first but once I have hit 1/2 mile or so they just kinda find their rythm and run right along with me, unless of course they see a squirel, cat, dog, person, or anything else that happens to be moving, lol.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

Dusty has to stop and sniff the culverts.  DH usually has no choice but to follow along ...

Man, that house with the Christmas lights, that's just scary!  How would you ever sleep with that thing?  And wouldn't you get tired of the songs?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

Brady= that is bizarre!

Melanie- that is totally Awoods house. Awood- say it's your house. PLEASE say that's your house