Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Saturdailies (Read 37 times)

delicate flower

Hello, friends!  It is going to be a beautiful day here in the Nutmeg State.  I've decided to tag along with a few friends on a bro ride, so I'm looking at 60ish miles of pedaling followed by a brick run.  First though, I have to finish this eggs, bagel, and coffee.

These thread now open for commenting.

<3

Cyberic

Comment number 1, then:

I will run some miles this morning. Still undecided where I'm going with this running thing, but I'll keep doing it until I decide, just in case I want to continue 

MTA: I was looking at an easier plan yesterday, one that was not scaring the shit out of me at first sight, a 10 week plan with a four week prep plan (that you can do twice for a grand total of 18, if you like), and I wonder if it would not be as effective as a hard 18 weeks plan that drives you to the ground when there's still 12 weeks to go.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Comment #2:

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 easy miles, and am now headed for a long day of work.  Bah.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

These thread now open for commenting.

Now that Thursday night's shenanigans are out of my system, a run without the effects of alcohol is welcomed. What exactly that run will be has yet to he determined, but anything will be better than yesterday's slog in a fog. lol

LRB

What exactly that run will be has yet to he determined...

16 x 200

That was actually last Wednesday's low volume workout that I did not do, which followed last Saturday's 12 x 400 high volume workout that I cut short after one rep.

Today I focused on form as it related to effort, and tried to run as consistent as possible.  I ended up with splits of 39, 38, 38, 37, 38, 37, 38, 36, 37, 37, 36, 38, 37, 36, 36, 36 so not too bad.

9.4 miles total.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5 miles this morning with Jetta, it was 46 degrees and windy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

6 w/5 strides, to see if any speed was there. It was not.

Dave

Cyberic

Nice workout, Rick. I would feel it in my legs for a couple of days.

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 5  x 5 minutes sluggish tempo effort.

Mr MattM

5 morning miles on a hotel treadmill seemingly from the 1970s. Bleh.

No lunch run as I am being sequestered at the Chicago BookCon. I'll run more tonight.

Tomorrow I plan to run the lake path...

be curious; not judgmental

Ric-G

4 miles this morning...soccer games now...then taking the guys quad riding in high desert. Have a good day all!

nice, consistent splits lrb

marathon pr - 3:16

delicate flower

67 mile hilly bike ride at 18 mph.  Then a 3 mile brick run at 7:33 pace.  4:15 of good training today, and now I am hurty.  

I crashed today too.  Going about 20 mph I clipped the rear wheel of the guy in front of me.  He was talking to me and swerved into me, but I also should not have been in his plane.  I lost control and went tumbling/sliding (thankfully) into someone's yard.  I chose a good place to crash...soft landing, as these things go.  Crashing at 20 mph is never gentle though.  Just some scrapes, but most important is that the bike is mostly ok (the rear wheel needs to be trued and my brakes need to tightened).  That happened at mile 30, so I dusted off and rode another 47 miles.  Good times.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 8 miles with strides.  I gave hubby my cold so here I am laughing at his whining.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

67 mile hilly bike ride at 18 mph.  Then a 3 mile brick run at 7:33 pace.  4:15 of good training today, and now I am hurty.  

I crashed today too.  Going about 20 mph I clipped the rear wheel of the guy in front of me.  He was talking to me and swerved into me, but I also should not have been in his plane.  I lost control and went tumbling/sliding (thankfully) into someone's yard.  I chose a good place to crash...soft landing, as these things go.  Crashing at 20 mph is never gentle though.  Just some scrapes, but most important is that the bike is mostly ok (the rear wheel needs to be trued and my brakes need to tightened).  That happened at mile 30, so I dusted off and rode another 47 miles.  Good times.

Dangerous stuff, biking. You were lucky in your bad luck.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ouch Baboon. Glad you found a yard for that.