Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins have Hidden Talents (Read 27 times)

Amazonian Princess

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

Well, apparently I lack the talent to copy little penguin guy into the thread intro 

Up early for five miles with group then weights at the gym and lunch with a friend. I heart weekends!

My hidden talents.? I can fence (competitive and some stage combat), shoot a bow (recurve and longbow), and fill out medical forms at warp speed. I can also sleep thru earthquakes  What's your hidden talent?

I can. I will. I am. 

hog4life

6.85 this morning after work. Hidden talent, hmm, I'll have to sleep on that one.

Bacon, fencing is so cool.

tracilynn

Bacon, you are pretty talented.

My hidden talent is the ability to trip over air at random times. 

I did 4.6 this morning.  Now it's cheerios n coffee time.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Hidden talent?  I think you guys know all of mine.  I can bake tasty things and train dogs.  Speaking of which, I get to go pick up Mia in a bit.   I will probably run some miles after Weight Watchers.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Guests in town this weekend, and a planned hike today, so I'm taking it easy, or cross-training by hiking with a toddler!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 9 miles tonight.

Not sure about hidden talents.  I have a photographic memory and can remember stuff with detail (time of day, date, etc.)  I remember something from when I was 3 months old!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

My 16 year old has photographic memory too

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

6.5 this morning.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I am still sick which means no lunch with the in laws. It is probably good because speaking in English is hard enough with how I'm feeling. I think that conversing in Mandarin would be exhausting right now.

Talents: generally good at "non-girl" things - math, science, coding, robotics, etc.  My mom asked me after the whole Caitlin Jenner thing if I was born in the wrong body.... =P

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

My sweet girl is gone. Watched her try to play earlier this morning and then she really struggled to catch her breath, had to sit up. I'm going to miss her a ton, but I'm glad I didn't wait for her to get any worse. She left peacefully with me petting her and looking into her eyes.

GinnyinPA

I don't have much in the way of hidden talents.  I used to find it very easy to learn languages but it has been many many years since I've spoken any of them.  I've completely forgotten most of what I learned. I share Traci's ability to trip over invisible obstacles.

sapf - sorry you're sick.  Your ability to speak Mandarin is quite a talent.

Bacon - nice talents.  Were you on the fencing team in college? You're having a busy day.

Mitch - nice run

Traci - nice early run.

Melanie - I hope Zoe is feeling better after her surgery.  I tried to imagine getting Ben to sit still long enough to get something out of his nose.  Impossible unless he was asleep.  He doesn't even lie still for the stethoscope.  You definitely are a skilled and artistic baker.  Enjoy your run.

emmbee - enjoy your hike.  Where do you hike?

D - having an eidetic memory would be very handy in your profession.  Must have made school very easy for you. Enjoy your 9 tonight.

PAD - nice run.

It's warm and humid again here - surprise, surprise..  If I wait until after the thunderstorm, the temperature will be lower but the DP will be 72.   I may run indoors again.

LRB

What's your hidden talent?

I am actually pretty good at gardening believe it or not. I can also get around the kitchen with the best of them.

Docket_Rocket

I am sorry, Lauren.  Hugs.

Ginny, maybe. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

RIP kitty 

~~~~~~~

Traci