Beginners and Beyond

Five days you work, One whole day to play - It's Saturday! (Read 45 times)

LRB

Hi.

I'm gonna get a run in later this morning then decide from there.

'Sup?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Hershey woke me up at 9am but if he hasn't, I probably would have slept til noon.  I was so tired!

I have 5 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Why is it when it's the weekend, and I can sleep, I still can't sleep? 

I am going to lounge around for a while then run something. But it looks like I shouldn't wait too long, because it's dry out now & will start raining mid-morning. I'm certainly used to running in cold rain, but if I can avoid it, I will.

Looks like temps are going to start getting down into the 30s at night here, which I won't complain about because a lot of you are about to get hammered - is it time to break out the term "polar vortex" again?

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning. I'm fixing to run a 5K at 11:00 per coach's orders. Yeah, I dunno. I see a lot of high school kids walking around in bibs. I'm fucked, and I already have low expectations.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Looks like temps are going to start getting down into the 30s at night here, which I won't complain about because a lot of you are about to get hammered - is it time to break out the term "polar vortex" again?

There term was already broken out here inn MD. Weather channels 15 day forecast shows a complete & utter waste of snow in the December 15-17 time frame. I essentially get 5 days off work for inclement weather (schools have to close for me to be off), last year I only got 1 of those days. Dammit, weekend snow does nothing for me, well it does, since the snow makes my job harder with needing to make calendar changes and other fun stuff.

Docket_Rocket

Why is it when it's the weekend, and I can sleep, I still can't sleep? 

I am going to lounge around for a while then run something. But it looks like I shouldn't wait too long, because it's dry out now & will start raining mid-morning. I'm certainly used to running in cold rain, but if I can avoid it, I will.

Will love to read all the talk about people with cold weather that never gets down here, wahhhh.  I'll be the jealous!  It's 82F here already.  Not too bad. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran 11ish with a  Fartlek-ish Tempo-ish 7K in which I was playing around with my pace and relation to HR zones. Fun times.

'Morning. I'm fixing to run a 5K at 11:00 per coach's orders. Yeah, I dunno. I see a lot of high school kids walking around in bibs. I'm fucked, and I already have low expectations.

I can undertstand you wanting to race, because you're you. But why TF is your coach asking you to?

Anyway, don't worry about the young kids, just focus on the old dudes and smoke all them.

Dave

delicate flower

5K result is in: 19:01, for an 11 second PR. 3rd OA. What the hell is happening??  Waiting on awards now.

<3

onemile

5K result is in: 19:01, for an 11 second PR. 3rd OA. What the hell is happening??  Waiting on awards now.

A 3 mile 5k?

delicate flower

A 3 mile 5k?

My device was acting up.  It had me running a 9:20 pace for a while, plus my HRM never connected. Certified course so I'm counting it. And THANKS.

Eta: 19:03 official.

<3

zzyzx

Run today. Was hoping for somewhere between 7 and 8 miles with a 10k at the minimum. Was a bit low on gas towards mile 5 and was annoyed that the water fountain has been turned off for the winter, but did 7 miles even at 8:50. Definitely could have been worse.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

WHOA, NELLY!!

You were not content to only smoke the old dudes, you had to smoke the youngsters too!

WTG!

Dave

8 miles. Did not beat the rain after all. But so it goes. I should probably only report when it's NOT raining.

Dave