Beginners and Beyond

A dillar a dollar a SaturdayDailes scholar (Read 25 times)

You use to post at 10 o’clock,

now you don’t post till noon

Docket_Rocket

We lazy. 

I have 4 or 6. My calf is still fucked up from Wednesday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

4:40am:  4 flat with the three little pigs, err hills at the end

10:40a: 2.5, with 1.5 flat then 1 wiggly roadcrown hill.  Hmm, odd, no ‘ouchie ouchie ouchie’; was expecting expecting spark with every right foot strike on the down hills.

ribs doing okay

Cyberic

Ran 16 on the flat with my RP who works in construction and had to stop running for a while this summer for lack of time and energy. I was glad for the company.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I slept in and didn't get out til late. 6 miles with 6 x 200.

delicate flower

3:22:38.  I swung hard and paid for it the last 10 miles.  I got no regrets!!  BQ -2:22 for my 7th BQ.  Get some!

Employee VIP tent was awesome.

<3

LRB

3:22:38.  I swung hard and paid for it the last 10 miles.  I got no regrets!!  BQ -2:22 for my 7th BQ.  Get some!

And I'm sure you were a the star! Congrats on the BQ.

sdWhiskers

12 miles, longest in months! Planned to run with RP but he texted at like 5am that he was feeling sick (sounds like Covid but don't know yet).

Scenic run near the coast

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Baboon!

Great job, SD!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Yay congrats!!

Is it even a marathon without a painful last 10 miles?

You never do! Which is good. It’s always an accomplishment just to finish one of these damn things upright. Looked at your splits, we’ve all been there. But a BQ is a BQ, and you still have Space Coast to come, IIRC. Nice work. 

Dave

Cyberic

Congrats on the BQ, Baboon!

LRB

Yay congrats!!

Is it even a marathon without a painful last 10 miles?

Not sure if I'd vote time or distance. I've had some stinkers but it seems regardless of my fitness the final hour is death.

I could not freaking get to sleep last night. I got maybe 3 hours tops, before getting up at 4:30 to meet the running group at 6:00 for 20 miles. I was kind of dragging in the mid-teens, but with 3 to go I found a second wind and felt really strong at the end. Whatever any of that means. I still have no idea what to expect for my half next weekend.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Baboon - Congratulations!

5 for me today, with my son coming along for part of the way.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28