Beginners and Beyond

Marathoning Sundailies (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

At least for me. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Good luck DR!

Cloudy and humid this morning and part of me didn't really want to go out.  I had a long run scheduled but didn't really feel it so I was considering switching to an easy run.  In the end, I decided to let me legs decide.  After about two miles, the choice had become clear - long run.  By the time I'd gotten 7 miles done, I was still feeling good and I decided to finish the run with a couple of miles of hills.  Just over 10 miles by the time I finished.  It's now an hour after I finished the run and I'm still feeling the buzz.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!  Go DR!

I rode another 41 miles.  I aimed for 40, and I succeeded.  Tomorrow is a run day, most likely in the rain.  Being as I only ran 10 miles this week, I guess I deserve a wet-assed slog to start the week.

Have a great day!

I'm still feeling the buzz.

The warm and fuzzies make it all worthwhile.

Runner with a riding problem.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The warm and fuzzies make it all worthwhile.

+1 

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

delicate flower

Good luck, Docket!

Last night was the first time I slept like a rock the night after a marathon.   I was OUT.  9 glorious hours.  Now vacation really starts today

<3

RunningOnSand

Hey folks! Nice riding and running this morning, Docket, Fred, and PR! Baboon, enjoy a well-deserved vacation!

Today's a SRD, and I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles. I waited way too long to get outside & was too hot. Telling myself I need to drag may ass out the door early for about 10 weeks for my half.

Cyberic

Ran my 50 K. Went well. Was short of breath in the last 6 miles, but not sure if I can blame the remnants of my cold, or the elevation chart:

220 meters is roughly 500 feet.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ran my 50 K. Went well. Was short of breath in the last 6 miles, but not sure if I can blame the remnants of my cold, or the elevation chart:

220m is closer to 700 ft.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

220m is closer to 700 ft.

Oh, right! I wish I could say it's a typo, but it's not. My brain is just dead. Thanks.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh, right! I wish I could say it's a typo, but it's not. My brain is just dead. Thanks.

No problem. I've been doing similar calculations for my race and hiking in Alberta.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

Might fine work, sir!

<3

Docket_Rocket

That was hillier than I thought but was well warned and wasn’t expecting much. Came in a bit slower than KY predicted but it was hot after the first half so I cal it a win. Maine is done and I hope Missoula in a few weeks is as flat as I have heard.  My legs need it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

That was hillier than I thought but was well warned and wasn’t expecting much. Came in a bit slower than KY predicted but it was hot after the first half so I cal it a win. Maine is done and I hope Missoula in a few weeks is as flat as I have heard.  My legs need it.

#kudos   Was the scenery better on the Canadian side?

Cyberic

Might fine work, sir!

Thanks