Beginners and Beyond

Any changes since Running? (Read 168 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was just thinking the other day how funny it is that before running I never cared about the color of my shoes, or my clothes and I definitely didn't care for pink. Since running, in just the past year I've gotten more into colorful or flashy items of clothing, and I find myself wearing pink a lot.

Just thought I'd share Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RSX

I dress conservatively just about always, but buy colorful socks whenever possible.

Docket_Rocket

My clothing is very subdued in every day life (especially in court) but when I run, the more color the better.  Weird.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

I have been running since 2000. First half in 2003 wearing blue polyester shorts and sleeveless

ugly striped cotton t-shirt!LOL  In my defense though we didn't get our first real running store until

around 2005.

Don't really give a darn about what my clothes look like at all during training runs. Don't even try

to match most days.  I have 3 sets of workout clothes/gear now.......running, cycling and swimming.

It's hard to keep track.

More important that they are comfy and appropriate for the weather..

I try to "clean up" a bit for races and at least try to match the tops and bottoms. Of course most of my

bottoms are black except for a few running shirts, so it's pretty easy .Smile And of course since pink is

my fav color for normal wear it's also my fav for race day.

happylily

I started running with simple clothes, then, for a while, I thought I liked the very colorful stuff. So I bought a bunch of it, which was stupid, because it really isn't me and I felt ridiculous wearing loud things. So I'm back to wearing mostly black and gray, like in my non-running life. I am sooo boring! But I have no problem wearing colorful shoes, as long as they feel right for me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

I used to be proud of the fact that I made it through the 80s without ever owning or wearing a single piece of neon clothing.  But now, probably about half of my running clothes could be mistaken for construction site safety equipment. lol  The shoes that should be delivered today will probably be visible from the space station...and I can't wait to go run in them. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Unlike FS87,  I still have no strong inclination for wearing pink.  However, I have progressed  from wearing cotton fabric shirts to tec material shirts while running.  In addition, it's amazing that the more I listen to the local LRS about shoe and size recommendations, my feet feel better after long runs and races.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Dr. Cornsitter

I've always liked to wear pretty colors in my everyday but mostly stick to basic black on bottom and a normal but pretty color top. Since I've started running, I've bought the most outlandish colors and combine them in even more outlandish ways. But I love it. My sister would make fun of me for being so bright but when I got her into running, all of a sudden SOMEONE wants to combine neon pink and green in public!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, maybe it's because I've slimmed down. But my flashy items are mainly my shoes, clothes are still play colored dri-fit shirts and stuff. Before running I mainly wore black, and plain jeans... and was slightly negative and depressed so I like the new me Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

As far as running clothes, the brighter the better! I love flashy shoes and stuff. I love fun prints, too, though I tend to wear solid color tops and flashier bottoms.

In everyday life I also love color. I love printed or striped dresses though I usually have to put a blazer over them to tone them down a little.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Just B.S.

I have an entire closet full of heels that I never ever wear anymore.

Just B.S.

Just B.S.

Damn internet!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I used to wear solid color t-shirts...now they are freebie race shirts.

Between my construction safety career and my running I find myself in neon green and orange pretty much 75% of my waking hours.  I'd say they are my new favorite colors.

**Ask me about streaking**

Luke79

I dress pretty low key, because I don't like people staring at me.  Usually black or gray t-shirt, jeans and flip flops.  When I run though, it's a completely different story.  I don't mind being stared at and I like wearing bright and fun colors.  I guess that makes me a bit of a closet pretentious person, but I just look at it as being proud of doing something healthy.  /shrug