Beginners and Beyond

Up and at 'em Sunday Penguins! (Read 193 times)

Hope everyone's day is great! DH and I are heading out to the New England Aquarium today!!!!!! I am very excited! So SRD for me!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Jen2011

Thanks, penguins! Completed HM in 2:02:29. Missed my goal of 2hrs. Will have to get the sub 2 in next year. Reasonably happy as there are major human traffic at the start and also at the end when we merge with the 10Ks.

Congrats bin on a good half!  You'll get that sub-2 next time!!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

Jen2011

I am being lazy today, I slept in, no race this morning.  But I won't be lazy all day.  Race #70 for me is a 5K today at 5 PM done at University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio. The 5K route is along the campus roads going by and under the THOUSANDS of holiday lights decorating all the trees and buildings on the campus.  Here is a sky-point view of the campus and all its holiday lights.

Good luck you you Scotty on what looks to be a beautiful race tonight!!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

tracilynn

Scotty pretty pics of the Christmas run. I'm doing a similar 5k tomorrow night through our local botanical gardens decked out with Christmas lights, luminaries and Christmas music. :-). Although its like 70 here now so doesn't feel christmasy ha. Bin, great job and great time. You will get sub 2 next time for sure! Congrats. Hello to everyone else. AFM I did a 3.5 trail run this morning but it was hardly a run and much more like rock climbing. Ha. I wore my new ITB strap. Not sure if it helped or not. I still "feel" it. Stupid itbs. Have a great day pengys :-)

~~~~~~~

Traci

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

LOL, Scotty I'm cracking up at your dream.  I frequently feel as though I am going in circles at 100mph so it's not that off base.  Except for the whole nekkid on a horse thing.  Sounds itchy and unsanitary, LOL!  Lady Godiva was a dirty bird.

Bin - Congrats on your race!  SO close to 1:59, I know you'll get there.  Do you know when you next one is?  How do your legs feel?

Jen - enjoy the taper, can't wait for your half next week!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Well done, Bin! 2:02 is a great time for your first HM and you should be proud! Were you wearing the headband?

Doc: Why is it unsafe to run at night? Too dark?

Kay: Good stuff on the 10k.

Scotty: I bet you will have some great pictures from tonight's race!

Traci: I know how you feel! Mine is much better.

Jen: Don't go nuts on your taper...

As for me, no running today. Younger DD has day 2 of her swim meet so we will be out there. Unfortunately, it is raining!  ugh... At least we are going to Costco on the way home. Oh, the band rocked it last night. I will try to get a few pictures from a friend.  Have a good day.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Overslept today, now I have to change up my LR plans, just gonna run around the neighborhood.  Have to pick up our tree and get our decorating done today. 

Great job on your half bin!! 

Good luck to everyone racing today!  Hope everyone has a great day! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

From the Internet.

Morning colony! Whoops, afternoon here.. I actually got to sleep in for once! Unfortunately my preschooler only slept in because she's sick.. Day on the couch with Disney movies and Pedialyte for her. Hoping to get weights and a short run in within the next hour or two but I have to finish some work first. Guess that means I should close my browser :P

Bin, congrats! You'll definitely get the sub-2 next time.

Scotty, that looks like a fun race! 

Kristi - Ooh, have fun! I love the aquarium. The penguins are obviously my favorite part.

Zelanie

Good morning, colonists!  I also overslept, but will head out for my 8 in a bit.  The second test of whether yesterday's run was a success is if the legs still feel good for my run today.  I'm hoping that's the case!

Liz- Good job getting the double in!  What really works for me is to have the cheesiest music ever for my TM runs.  I never listen to that playlist or most of the songs on it any other time.  But having happy pop music to run to is enjoyable and gives me something to do.  The intervals yesterday helped too because there was never really that long until something changed.  It didn't really feel like I had run 6 miles.

Mitch- Good luck on getting in some good recovery miles.

Gustav- Yum!

Kay- Nice job on the new distance PR!

Jerry- Hope you get to get out and enjoy the weather!

Jen- Enjoy the shorter run today!

Tweaky- Hope you are having a good run!

Bin- Congratulations!  Sounds like you did great!  And I think there are a bunch of us aiming for sub-2 next year!  So you can join us. Smile

Mickey- Enjoy the RD!

Scotty- Good luck on #70!  Looks like a beautiful picture!

Kristi- Have fun at the aquarium!

Traci- I heard that it's best to avoid hills with IT band issues.  Glad you got through the tough course, but if your knee was acting up, maybe that was why?  Good luck tomorrow!

Jack- Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!  Good luck to your DD!

D2- Have a good day decorating!  We are slacking out here.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Well done, Bin! 2:02 is a great time for your first HM and you should be proud! Were you wearing the headband?

Doc: Why is it unsafe to run at night? Too dark?

Kay: Good stuff on the 10k.

Scotty: I bet you will have some great pictures from tonight's race!

Traci: I know how you feel! Mine is much better.

Jen: Don't go nuts on your taper...

As for me, no running today. Younger DD has day 2 of her swim meet so we will be out there. Unfortunately, it is raining!  ugh... At least we are going to Costco on the way home. Oh, the band rocked it last night. I will try to get a few pictures from a friend.  Have a good day.

Yeah - narrow country roads barely wide enough for two cars, no lights, no one near by to hear you scream as you're being abducted....it's actually unsafe to run on my roads during the daylight , always involves me throwing myself into a ditch once or twice as there are no shoulders and people drive really fast and really distracted.    It really sucks because I love running around the neighborhood but it's just plain scary.  Very hilly so cars crest the hill and you're right there on the other side of it, sitting duck.

Mmmmm...beer

Cut my long run short to make sure we had enough time to go get our tree, 10 miles done.  Beautiful day, 63* and sunny, supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats Bin and Kay.

Just got back home after being in Delaware for a wedding. I did manage to get my run in at the hotel yesterday morning on a TM....my first time running on a TM and I hateddddd it. Not something I want to repeat!! SRD for me today, I am exhausted. Being in a wedding is hard work, albeit fun as well. Have a good day penguins!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Race Report

I did the Busch Gardens Christmas Town 8K Dash today. I feel pretty darn proud of myself. I have photos posted in my race report. Chip time:  1:02:12. Overall Pace:  12:31 min mile. We (A friend, DH, and I) did a run/walk throughout the whole race (0.75 run/0.25 walk). I think we had a good time considering we were doing a walk/run.

This was the first race after my injury, so I am pretty darn happy!

Zelanie

OK, got my 8 in today.  I went out with the dogs for the first half.  It was rainy and windy and the river is up over one of the paths that I sometimes take.  I am thinking that will be either flooded or very muddy for the rest of the season.  I let them swim and play a bit, then headed back and dropped them off at home and went back out.

My pace (10:10) was a little off from what I usually run my long runs at, but about normal for when I'm out with the dogs.

Rach- I am so happy for you that you're back and running and that you had a good race!

Kristin- I used to hate the TM too, but I've come over to the dark side now.  Congratulations to your friends.

D2- Good job putting the family first- that means having more good will for future LRs! Smile

From the Internet.

Nice job on the 10k Kay! Back from my run - 31 minutes, slightly too fast even after lifting and pretty underfueled. Pretty happy, I'm not feeling particularly worn out at the end of my second week back up to not-quite-15 mpw. Hoping this is the end of my uncooperative leg troubles!