Beginners and Beyond

Run To End MS half-marathon (RR and pics) (Read 127 times)

Ball of Fury

Another great RR and great race from you HL!!  And seriously, I am so jealous of your great race pics...mine are always  just terrible!  Congratulations!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Now I know that George is trying to kill me. Big grin

Just encouraging you to reach your potential. While you love your marathons, I'm dying to see what you could run at some of the shorter distances if you directed your energy to them.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

Six minutes is a bunch.  You have definitely gotten yourself into terrific shape.  Now I'm feeling the pressure to have a good marathon training season for this fall.  Smile

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Awesome performance Lily! And h ow did that feel to have a 30 YO tell you she couldn't catch up to you?

I echo everyone's comments about how great the photos are - some of us can never seem to get a floater pic; you have trouble getting a pic with a foot touching the ground.

Can't wait to see what you will do next!

Dave

Pinktastic

What a great race, Lily!!   Wow!!  You are such an awesome runner!!   Thanks for sharing your experience and I LOVE the pics!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations!  Another great RR and another awesome race.

Ric-G

excellent job coming off of the full marathon. congrats on the AG - that is just great!

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race and award!  Nice report and nice photos.  You certainly DO NOT look awful!

That one photo with the water there behind you...that looks pretty darn chilly up there!  Compare to Texas weather... Joking

Sad about that traumatized lady.  I hope she can find some way to 'overcome' and do Boston again; might even help her deal with it all.  IMHO, you just have to face your fears eventually, or the fears end up winning...and that's not a pleasant way to live.  I really hope it all works out for her.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Loved your report and the pics. MS can be a terrible disease. My mom had it and died from complications back in 2000, so thank you for running for a great cause!

LRB

I liked your outfit the most.  You certainly have a flair matching tops and bottoms with arm warmers, I can appreciate that...oh, nice race too!

happylily

I liked your outfit the most.  You certainly have a flair matching tops and bottoms with arm warmers, I can appreciate that...oh, nice race too!

Rick, I'll take that comment over the other one you left in my Boston report. Thanks! Big grin

HobbitLegs78, I am so sorry about your mom. It is a very difficult disease to live with, I'm sure. I think people who do manage through life with MS are heroes.

George, I admit that I am now curious about shorter ditsances. My 10k time almost matches my other times, but my 5k is still lacking. Admittedly, I've never raced one for myself. It's always been to pace my SO. So maybe I should sign up for one after Ottawa...

One2Run, you run with MS? You definitely are a hero to me! Please write a race report for us!

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to read and for all your kindness. Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congratulations, Lily! You are indeed adorable. And speedy. Smile

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

wow, congrats on another excellent PR!  You are in terrific shape, running so well just a few scant weeks after Boston - And you are getting faster!

The photos are great as usual, and yes, running through 5K walkers at the end of a tough race is a bit of a drag.  But you managed it anyway!

happylily

Thanks, T.O.! :-) I was going to email you to tell you about it, but I'm glad you came by here. :-) I think I'm going to sign up for the Army Run half in September. Three weeks before Chicago should be ok, right? We should FE again!

Thanks, April! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Congrats, a great race and a great RR.