Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - buncha slackers in here (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 63 stormy miles this morning.  It was pretty good overall.

My internet at home has been out since Tuesday afternoon, and I wish they would get that shit fixed already.  My wife works from home using the net, and our Verizon bill is going to be harsh.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 5 miles and the weights I missed yesterday. Thought of going to OTF today but the workouts do not appeal to me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran 8 miles.

KCRuns

Morning!

I got a little over 7 miles run to work.  It was full sun and high humidity, so it sucked, but like yesterday, the 2nd half seemed much better than the beginning.  We've had a pretty mild May and June with only a few really hot days, so maybe I'm just not acclimated to the heat yet.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hello all!

Fun evening last night - work outing at the new bar my boss opened, and then a run with the girlfriend afterward. After 2 double IPAs, I was happy to be running her pace for the 6 miles we did.

Pleasant...super ride! Good luck with that verizon bill.

Docket...Hope the run and weights go well. Your workouts in addition to running really do make me feel like a slacker.

Cyberic...8 is good Smile I wouldn't expect you to be fully recovered yet, but your response yesterday made it sound like you're right on track.

KC...Glad you built into your run nicely again. We've been like you - not too hot so far. I think there's like 6 days in the 90s coming though, so it's going to be a crash course in heat running.

Did you guys see the new study showing that 23% of Americans exercise the recommended 150 minutes a week (or 75 vigorous minutes, which I believe is the category running falls under)? I think we should all pat ourselves on the back for being part of that number Smile

I know that study isn't really anything new or groundbreaking, but I'll take the self-congratulations today.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

SIAR running after two double IPAs ... Smile

PR What do you think of people who don't exercise 75-150 minutes per WEEK?

delicate flower

Still in Alaska for three more days  I'm tired.

<3

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Baboon - You're reminding me of the Al Pacino movie Insomnia.  Hope you get some rest.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

Is Is there any darkness at all? My father, while he was in ihe military, went to a base far up North Canada in the summer, and he said the sun never completely set.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFS_Alert

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

PR What do you think of people who don't exercise 75-150 minutes per WEEK?

They just aren't applying themselves.  They should do that many minutes per day.  Buncha slackers Smile.

Went out this am and noticed the sky lighting up like fireworks ...major lighting...I'm not as stupid as I once was so I turned around and went back to bed. I got out of work early today for something I have to do later this afternoon. I had enough time to get a workout in so I figured I'd give it a ago. Its like 90F sunny and humid as hell.

Attempted a 4x4min Hard effort/ 3:00rec

Did a 10 minute warmup and hit the first interval...5:48 pace. There was a nice little climb in this one too so I was a bit surprised. Jogged for 3 mins but could tell my HR wasn't really coming down due to the heat. Hit the next interval which was just miserable in the sun....5:48 again. Jogged a bit and said screw this. I may have been able to complete the workout but I feel like I may have been pushing into the danger zone with the heat. Got like 3.75mi in for the day. On a positive note this pace feels just about right for 5k effort on a nice cool morning. I think I'm really really close to a sub-18 with the right conditions.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Count me in as a slacker.  The thunderstorms going on when I woke up were enough to convince me to take another rest day and hope the discomfort in my foot continues to improve (I've been icing and taping it).

Sad to say, and maybe it's the social circles I'm part of, but I was surprised the number of adults getting enough exercise was as high as 23%.  Maybe the threshold of 150/75 is lower than I realize.

Kudos to all of you for continuing to put in the miles.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I'm jealous.

delicate flower

Is Is there any darkness at all? My father, while he was in ihe military, went to a base far up North Canada in the summer, and he said the sun never completely set.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFS_Alert

We've been here a week and it's basically been daylight the entire time.  It gets about as dark as dusk for a couple hours each night but it has never been dark.  I wear an eye mask to sleep at night and that helps a lot. I've been sleeping fine  Tired from a lot of walking and hiking on the heels of a marathon.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Ended up going to OTF and ran 2 there.  Got stuck in this horrible storm and it does not look like I'll get home early enough to run the rest so meh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page