Beginners and Beyond

Marathon Expo SaturDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

Welp, it's finally here; the day I get to sit in a booth and stare aimlessly into space, while thousands of runners file hurriedly past looking to pickup their bibs and get the hell out of there. lol

I'm bringing chocolate to pass out so maybe it won't be too bad. I'll also have my tablet, my phone, a book and a crap ton of food, of course!

Priority Health booth #96, 12:30 - 3:00. Stop by and see me, and let's talk fitness.

LRB

What up doe.

I just have a short 6 or 7 to run this morning.

You?

No more marathons

Heading out for eight.  I think this one will put my average pace for the week back a bit.

Not feeling the love.

What up doe.

I just have a short 6 or 7 to run this morning.

You?

Ha.  - it's all relative - your 7 or 7 "short" is my medium to long.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Barre class and maybe some TM miles later.

I am watching about the storms in Seattle, including some tornadoes (?).  Dave, what's going on?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12.3 miles.  I went off the ridge, down to the valley, and back up.  The two big hills were very unpleasant, but I need the practice.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today could be a rest day, or it could be an easy 3-4 miles.... we'll see how it goes. I've got a photo session this afternoon with my brother, his girlfriend and their son and then tonight is the Supermoon and Hunter's Moon (they combine), so I am hoping to figure out a way to find a really good spot to get some shots of it..... I just can't make up my mind of where......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I am watching about the storms in Seattle, including some tornadoes (?).  Dave, what's going on?

Haven't seen anything about tornados in our area. But expecting rain, thunderstorms (which are actually pretty unusual around here) and very high winds potentially leading to a lot of downed trees & power outages. The worst is supposed to be tonight, so we'll see.

Dave

LRB

Today could be a rest day, or it could be an easy 3-4 miles.... we'll see how it goes. I've got a photo session this afternoon with my brother, his girlfriend and their son and then tonight is the Supermoon and Hunter's Moon (they combine)

So that's what's going on, 'eh? I saw it last night and thought to myself, "Dam, that's a big ass moon."

LRB

Ha.  - it's all relative - your 7 or 7 "short" is my medium to long.

It is all relative, and relatively speaking, you are kicking ass and taking names. And looking good doing it, too. 

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 12.3 miles.  I went off the ridge, down to the valley, and back up.  The two big hills were very unpleasant, but I need the practice.

Have a great day folks!

Them two big ass hills I ran up last weekend are still in my ass. lol

LRB

I ended up running 7, that shit was unpleasant. I'm not sure what was up with that but it sucked. lol

Zelanie

The tornadoes were in Oregon.  We also have a hurricane warning in effect for the coast. (!)   The worst inland winds are supposed to be in Washington tonight.  Luckily, we're leaving around noon so that we can be in Washington tonight.   I'm blowing off a mandatory WW training so that we can leave a little earlier and hopefully be driving during daylight.

So, probably just 1 mile tonight.  My MP run last night in the downpour was a memorable one.  And the 16 tomorrow should be an adventure.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So that's what's going on, 'eh? I saw it last night and thought to myself, "Dam, that's a big ass moon."

Yeah, tonight is the full moon and it's going to be really orange and much bigger than last night. I just need to find a good spot for it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

It is all relative, and relatively speaking, you are kicking ass and taking names. And looking good doing it, too. 

MTA:  Eight miles completed - and pace was OK.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB