Beginners and Beyond

Happy Runniversary Penguin weekend (Read 25 times)

Brilliant

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Today is my runniversary...Google calendar helpfully reminded me of that.  I had dabbled with C25K a couple of times before 8/22/11, but that was the day that I decided "I'm a runner" and it stuck.   And yesterday a miracle happened - hubby told me he wants to run a half marathon!  (he has been running about 4 miles 1 or 2x a week for the last couple of years).  So he's headed out with me on my long run this morning.  I'm going to do about 13; he plans on doing half that.

Have a great weekend!

Amazonian Princess

Happy Runniversary, Brilliant! It's cooled off in NorCal so I hope SoCal has too.

I also started running in August, I think 3 years ago? Terrible memory; whenever I'm asked how long I've been married I have to check the date engraved on the inside of my wedding band 

Getting dressed for group run and I've got nine miles on the plan and hopefully a quiet rest of the weekend (knock wood).

Ginny - sorry to have missed you in Thursday's post! Hope the rain stays away and temps cool so you can enjoy a nice run!

I can. I will. I am. 

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Happy runniversary!  I count mine from sometime in November 2013, so a little under two years.

Lots of smoke from all the wildfires today, so I'm probably going to be indoors on the elliptical again.  So annoying.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Bri and Bacon.

Have a nice 9, Bacon.

Good luck to hubby, Bri.  Maybe he will surprise you and do the whole 13.

SRD for me. We will walk today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Happy Runniversary, Brilliant!

I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

PADRunner

Happy Runniversary, Bri! No idea what mine is. I guess I could use my first 5k.

Enjoy the  joint run.

13 this morning. Did my long tun today so I could run trails tomorrow.. I'm sure I'll regret it!

Losing weight, need to E more SU.

LRB

Good morning Penguins!

Today is my runniversary...Google calendar helpfully reminded me of that.  I had dabbled with C25K a couple of times before 8/22/11, but that was the day that I decided "I'm a runner" and it stuck. 

Congrats, yo. I also began in 2011.

My condolences to your honey. If he knew like we knew, he would take up fishing. lol

Zelanie

I had a really nice run with a friend last night.  Today calls for 6 easy.

Happy runniversary, Bacon! Smile  And congrats to your DH!

Bacon- Enjoy the group run!

emm- Hope the smoke clear soon!

Jerry- Enjoy the SRD!

D- Have a good run!  Does the foot feel better?

PAD- The legs might revolt with trails after a LR, unless you E enough SU! Smile

LRB- Hiya!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

DW cancelled the SRD.  She has a weekend fitbit challenge from the DDs, (who are also visiting today).

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hey Pens!

I ran a 5k race this morning - my third since becoming a "runner".  Speaking of runniversaries - mine is 5/14/13.  Though I did run a bit in college I was never serious about it and didn't really think of myself as a runner.  Today's 5k was a PR because my PR was (and still is) soft.  I paced my friend for her first 5k :-D  After the 5k I ran another 5k to brunch.  Hubby and friends took the subway down and I managed to beat them.  Weekend subway service is pretty bad in NYC.  Tomorrow I'll do something longish - at least 10.  I have a brunch date at noon tomorrow and I'll be out pretty late tonight, so I'll have to see how much I can manage.

Allsion - awesome that hubby will run a half :-)

Bacon - you sound like my husband -- not so good with dates, I'm his calendar for all things "hubby, call your brother and wish him a happy birthday" etc...

emmbee - sorry the fires are getting in the way of your running!

jerry - sorry your srd got cancelled

DR - do you prefer to do your runs in the evening?  I've noticed that most of your runs are "after work" and etc.

PAD - I could eat your extra calories =P

LRB - I would have thought you've been running longer than 4 years, you seem super serious =P

Zel - enjoy your 6 easy

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes.  Always.  I am at the office by 7:30am in suit and makeup.  Plus I work around 10-12 hours a day (even when I am back home) so I go to bed around midnight. There is no way I can run for 2 hours in the morning since I wouldn't be able to start later than 3:30am to make it to work. Also, mornings are the most humid part of the day, so most of the year, it's better to run in the late afternoons.

Damaris

Brilliant

Thanks for the kind words. Smile  I feel affirmed that you all appreciate my 4 year milestone!

Baconista, yes, it has cooled off quite a bit here, yay!  Hope you had a pleasant 9.

emmbee, bummer about the smoke, hopefully it will blow off soon (and the fires will blow out!)

Jerry, so what did you do since your rest got unilaterally canceled? 

DR, I hope you have a good run tonight.

PAD, nice run, go ESU!

Zel, have a great 6!

Jill, congrats on the PR!!

LRB, I think I knew that...it means we are running twins...oh wait, we are not, because you are about twice as fast as me!  

I *only* ran 11.3 this morning.  I was way more sore than I thought I'd be from yesterday's workout - glutes and hamstrings started acting up by mile 1!  So I'm glad I called it a day at 11.3.  Hubby got in 6.3, I think, and said he felt good.

LRB

LRB - I would have thought you've been running longer than 4 years, you seem super serious =P

I am just basically an idiot, pretty much. Yes, that about sums it up.

LRB

LRB, I think I knew that...it means we are running twins...oh wait, we are not, because you are about twice as fast as me!  

What you lack in speed, you more than make up in intelligence and good looks. Meanwhile, I am dumb and ugly, and not necessarily in that order.

Nice run, and congrats to your honey as well! I remember my first 6 mile run like it was yesterday. It was so hard, I thought I was going to die. lol