Beginners and Beyond

'Twas WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Yo.

I will run this morning but first coffee.

Cyberic

Yo.

I will run this morning but first coffee.

Yep. Same plan over here.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Pouring like crazy and tornado watches. I debated if rest would be today or tomorrow. Today won.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and weights after work but I'll try to run to and from Pilates if I get the time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good morning, Jolly Runners of Festive Cheer!  No running for me today, which is very, very unfortunate.    Stupid recovery weeks.    Bunch of reindeer scat, I tell ya whut.  I plan on hitting the gym though to pick stuff up and put stuff down.

Heh.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all? Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays Smile

I haven't ran since Saturday, my calves and ankles (or lower legs period) have been bugging me for about 3 weeks now and this past Saturday I decided to take a few days off from running hoping it will help. I am contemplating taking the rest of December off and starting 2015 strong and healthy.... though it's hard because I am 8 miles from 100 miles and haven't been under 100 miles in almost a year..... so it's really bugging me to not be out there and to be ending 2014 like this Sad BUT I got to keep telling myself it is far better to start the new year strong and healthy rather than with any overuse injuries lurking underneath just waiting to show their ugly faces either as I start building my weekly mileage to 50+ or during my 2nd marathon training cycle (starts in July) so I am going to keep repeating that to myself, so please help me realize this logic and agree with what my brain is telling me to do.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

BUT I got to keep telling myself it is far better to start the new year strong and healthy rather than with any overuse injuries lurking underneath just waiting to show their ugly faces...

^ This

LRB

It is 46 degrees out but grey with just a bit of a chill in the air, otherwise known as tights weather.  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am off work for the next 5 days...yay!

I don't like cold weather and so I think Mother Nature hates me:

• Did a run/walk at Randolph Air Force base yesterday around 2 PM.   The temperature dropped to about 46 - not bad - but the darn wind starting blowing 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph!  Could really feel it when I was running into it!  I had planned on doing an easy 3 miles, but Mother Nature and her wind got me annoyed so I shook my fist at the sky and shouted "Damn you, wind, I am going to do FOUR miles just to spite you!"  Felt kinda like that crazy guy in 'Network", lol, shouting out about not taking it anymore.  Probably a good thing none of the military police folks were around on patrol at that time to see  that, they might've taken me right to the military looney bin for evaluation, lol.  Ended up with 4.2 miles!  Take THAT, Mother Nature!
                    • Guess she did not listen cuz the temp has dropped even more and now it's about 40 degrees, with a 'feels like' of 38 and that darn wind is still blowing!  I am heading to Lackland Air Force Base in just a bit to get in 3 easy miles - and I will stick with 3 today - with a couple of friends.   Temp is actually supposed to go up to 51 degrees this afternoon - and in the 60s tomorrow, nice! - but all the gyms at the base are closing early today, so we have to get our run in before the afternoon. 

So once more of braving the wind!  Of course, nothing like what you "real winter' folks experience, but considering it was 70 flippin' degrees on Monday, this is quite a temp drop for us here.  Oh, and I am wearing shorts for my run today, with a base layer shirt and a second shirt over that.  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Jealous of your weather, Scotty.  87F down here and it's not even the high.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

^ This

Lol it is my mantra this week, along with "christmas is almost over, almost." Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Rest day - I opted to sleep in, I have a bunch of stuff to do before we go to the in-laws' house so no time to run. Sleep is important. I will have time to run tomorrow.

LRB

I jogged to the track, did 2 x 10 minutes at tempo pace while there, then jogged home.

Cyberic

12 miles in the cold rain. Not perfect but it is better than running when it's -20 degrees or 100 degrees.

Baboon, rest weeks will be over in no time. Then, you'll have a well rested body to do hard workouts.

FreeSoul, our minds are stuck on numbers (less than 100 in this case) but staying healthy is the most important thing. There are still seven days left in 2014. Who knows? Maybe by the 30th or 31st you'll feel perfectly fine. And if it's only on the 6th, that's that.

Scotty, you're a real stud to withstand polar temperatures like that Big grin

D, extremes are never fun, cold or hot, and I'm not sure which one I prefer for running.

Lauren, sleep is important. I agree, and I've heard that Baboon thinks that way too.

Bunch of reindeer scat

Language! Better behave if you want Santa to stop by later.

Dave