Beginners and Beyond

More of the Same MonDAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Yo.

It's colder than a bitch outside, well, for May 2. The weather has been so wacky that I'm not sure which we didn't have; a spring, or a winter.

Anyway, it's a rest day for me. You?

on my way to badass

Good Monday Dailies!

No rest for me today.  4-5 on tap for me on the mill cause I'm a wimp and it's raining.

Enjoy the rest LRB!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

No more marathons

59 degrees and sunny (so far)

Track 5000 and 800 this morning.  Last two races in this crazy 7 day schedule.

Goal is to finish without crying.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

59 degrees and sunny (so far)

Track 5000 and 800 this morning.  Last two races in this crazy 7 day schedule.

Goal is to finish without crying.

Lol.

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.2.  I have a slight chestcold/sore throat, and it is stealing my mojo.  It needs to run it's course quickly, I'd like to run that 5k Saturday.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Good morning!  It feels like Monday in every possible way.  I'm tired, I want to go back to bed, and it's raining.  I also left my coffee in the car so now I have to go back outside and get that.  *sigh*  

Early swim done.  Easy run tonight.

Track 5000 and 800 this morning.

Heh...Monday morning races.  Good luck!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates this morning and a dinner with a friend tonight, that is it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Morning all. Decided this would be a RD. Don't have much running mojo, don't have a target to stimulate me to train through my lack of motivation, and the arch of my right foot hurts. That's a pre-marathon "injury" that I trained through. I won't stop to let it heal, but maybe give it an extra day's rest once in a while.

Decided this would be a RD. 

+1

I am a little sore, but I think way less than after any of my other marathons. Maybe will take 2-3 days off, no real plan at this point.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

4.4 miles last week after my HM. I have some serious knots in my left calf that I can't roll out so I'm trying to get to my massage guy. These stupid knots are giving me a pain right behind my knee and I feel it even when I walk, so running has been tough. It will get better.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

RD for me, but will be focusing on abdominal/core strengthening, some leg strengthening and push ups this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

4.4 miles last week after my HM. I have some serious knots in my left calf that I can't roll out so I'm trying to get to my massage guy. These stupid knots are giving me a pain right behind my knee and I feel it even when I walk, so running has been tough. It will get better.

Funny how I never roll, foam roll, massage, stretch... I do nothing, and yet everything seems to come back to normal eventually like people who do. I'd need to try that stuff to see what it actually does. It must do something, since everybody does it, but on the other hand, I seem to heal correctly without it, so what is it with that stuff? Is it just a trend?

No more marathons

Last two races done.

Plan was to get under 23 (22:59 would do it) and got 23:02 - so close enough on dead legs.

Splits were 7:30, 7:29, 7:23 and 40 for the final 200 meters (6:44 pace).

The 800 followed about 40 minutes after the 5K, and I made the mistake of not warming up before the race started.  Didn't really have a goal in mine other than to beat anyone in my age group who was there (there was one) and qualify for the State Senior Games.  With no warm up, the first 400 was SLOW in 1:51 - the second 400 was much better at 1:33.  If run on fresh legs I'd hope to get the 800 under 3 minutes, which might be enough to get a third place at the State Games in September and qualify for the National Games.  Of course, at nationals that time wouldn't even get me into the finals.

Recap of the 5 races:

Time AG Time AG %
                            1500 6:04 4:40 73.5%
                            10000 49:46 38:40 69.1%
                            HM 1:46:33 1:23:03 70.5%
                            5000 23:02 17:57 72.3%
                            800 3:23 2:36 64.6%

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Funny how I never roll, foam roll, massage, stretch... I do nothing, and yet everything seems to come back to normal eventually like people who do. I'd need to try that stuff to see what it actually does. It must do something, since everybody does it, but on the other hand, I seem to heal correctly without it, so what is it with that stuff? Is it just a trend?

I don't do any of those either and recover pretty quickly as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I am religious about stretching after every run, but I have never once foam rolled, and only had massage twice for specific issues. My conclusion is different strokes for different folks.

Dave