Beginners and Beyond

Ready, Set; Monday (Read 31 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I ran 4.

I'm not a sun person but that thing was blazing this weekend. It was really nice. Be sure to smell some flowers while you can (it'll be fall before you know it!). Just make sure there are no bees in them. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

I'm a vampire, but mostly because I've always lived where the sun sucks the life out of you in a second.  Counting the weeks...

I have 7 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

6.2mi back and forth on my hilly bowl, half on road crown, a bit elevated from my as slow as I can go pace, felt great😀.... feeling great is very Abby Normal for me😛
        Today was suppose to be a second off day and then crawl 12 tomorrow but since Saturday’s 6 the seams of the right hams have been real itchy, itchy is a good sign, so modest hills today to keep stressing the adhesions in the seams.

5 miles.

Dave

sdWhiskers

5 miles.

Twinsies! Well, minus the gimpy leg.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yesterday killed me.

I have a blister on both feet due to walking around in a my crappy sandals all day yesterday at the park. I'm a little sunburned but mainly my face, and I was not about to drag myself out of bed this morning. We will see how this afternoon/evening feels outside.

I got my appointment at my dentist set for this Thursday, hopefully they just recommend these two little bitches be removed asap.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I'm not a sun person but that thing was blazing this weekend. It was really nice. 

You only say that because you didn't run under it!

LRB

You only say that because you didn't run under it!

Ugh, so true. 

You did great though! How are you feeling?

LRB

Yesterday killed me.

I have a blister on both feet due to walking around in a my crappy sandals all day yesterday at the park. I'm a little sunburned but mainly my face, and I was not about to drag myself out of bed this morning. We will see how this afternoon/evening feels outside.

I got my appointment at my dentist set for this Thursday, hopefully they just recommend these two little bitches be removed asap.

You don't wear sunscreen?

onemile

You did great though! How are you feeling?

a little stiff and sore but not too bad. I was happy that I managed not to be sick the rest of the day (high exertion in warm weather can do that to me). I drank and poured water on my head at every aid station (10 of them!)

onemile

You don't wear sunscreen?

Mr. O got a pretty funny sunburn on just his upper arms yesterday (he wore a sleeveless bike top and already had a pretty established farmer's tshirt tan).  (he wore sunscreen but nearly 3 hours of biking in the sun and he must have sweated it off)

LRB

a little stiff and sore but not too bad. I was happy that I managed not to be sick the rest of the day (high exertion in warm weather can do that to me). I drank and poured water on my head at every aid station (10 of them!)

The sun might as well be called kryptonite for some of us!

sdWhiskers

Mr. O got a pretty funny sunburn on just his upper arms yesterday (he wore a sleeveless bike top and already had a pretty established farmer's tshirt tan).  (he wore sunscreen but nearly 3 hours of biking in the sun and he must have sweated it off)

MrWhiskers has been swimming at an outdoor lap pool for the past few weeks. The tan on his shaved head is pretty hysterical (back half is brown and the front half/his face is not). I don't know why he doesn't wear a swim cap.

There used to be a hardcore cyclist on the forums, and to him a sleeveless jersey was a major faux pas. I guess this is a good enough reason why.

Dave

LRB

That's a long day! Is he good with his performance?  Who was the swimmer for your squad, anyone we know?