Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 21 times)

RunningOnSand

hey! I ran into an error code when I tried to login before, now I can be here but my run isn't. 

I ran 4, and that felt like a huge win. Not feeling the greatest, but the run is done! What about you all?

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, RA has been down for hours.

I have 4-5 miles later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

10 miles with RP and it was a great run! A little slower than usual but no walking and HR was reasonable. Cooler this morning which helped. High 90F and hella dry. Hopefully no fires.

Work day rest day… try tomorrow and hope the stringy thing doesn’t send…

delicate flower

RA got the covid.  My run this morning isn't showing up either.  Eric will get it all sorted out though.  Anyway, I ran 8 miles this morning and felt good, both body and mind.

One week until my marathon,  Coach told me we're going for 3:10.  Alllllllrighty then.  In prior years I'd be saying no frikkin way I can do that, but right now it feels doable.

<3

Cyberic

Ran 13 in the rain this morning. 

Glad you’re getting better, both RoS and sdW.

Baboon, 3:10 seems like a fair assessment of what you should aim for IMO.

Cyberic

I’ve been looking at my numbers on runalyze-dot-com ever since I bought my F6 and have reliable elevation numbers, and it has been roughly 1% of what I run in distance. For every 100 miles I run, I have 1 mile elevation.
                In September it was a little more, at 1.15%, but I ran my mountain route pretty much all month, so I don’t see the percentage going much more than that.

Docket_Rocket

My run isn't showing either. I assume Eric will fix it at some point.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Met up with the group. Progression run: 5 miles ~8:30-9:00, 5 miles ~8:00, 5 miles ~7:30. I was pretty happy with the result. That was the fast end of my plan, and I wasn’t sure how it would go. The last segment was faster than MP. Since runs aren’t loading you’ll have to trust me, unless you are one of my Strava friends, which is most of you anyway. I had some company on the run; it’s pretty cool that whatever you want to do, you can usually find someone from the group to join.

And oh hey RoS, I’m going to be in MSP next week. Looks like nice weather! I am just not looking forward to early morning runs, which will be even earlier than usual due to the 2-hr time difference.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles. They sucked. I reigstered for 3 5ks back in the early spring (cheaper that way). Next one is Halloween. I am not feeling confident about it. At all. Even in the cooler weather, every damn run has been a slog.

Well this sucks. From the community FB page:

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
                        Due to excessive vandalism revolving around a social media challenge, the City of xxxx has made the decision to close our park restrooms, except during special events. We did not make this decision lightly. Most City parks have been vandalized multiple times with thousands of dollars in damage and repair expenses.

Guess I’ll need to get...creative. A couple of those park restrooms were reliable stops. Although I’ve never seen any vandalism.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Maybe not the ones you were using but 1-2 get vandalized, all get closed. Bummer.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Well this sucks. From the community FB page:

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
                            Due to excessive vandalism revolving around a social media challenge, the City of xxxx has made the decision to close our park restrooms, except during special events. We did not make this decision lightly. Most City parks have been vandalized multiple times with thousands of dollars in damage and repair expenses.

Guess I’ll need to get...creative. A couple of those park restrooms were reliable stops. Although I’ve never seen any vandalism.

Tik tok challenge? I heard about high school kids peeing in soap dispensers. Why? Dumbassses I guess.

Tik tok challenge?

That’s what they’re saying. I’d just love to catch a kid doing some kind of stupid shit, and fucking strangle him.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran 19 this morning with first 8 easy, 5 at MP, 1 easy, 4 at HMP-ish and 1 easy to wrap it up. 55, no wind, not a lot of humidity. Had to work this afternoon but got caught up on some stuff so it felt good to do. And, got to watch, out of the corner of my eye, Michigan thump the Badgers.

Stuffed my face for dinner (chicken fajitas), enjoyed an Ayinger Oktoberfest Marzen (highly recommend) and moving on to a Founders KBS with Cinnamon, Vanilla and Cocoa (less good).