Beginners and Beyond

2013 Goals (Read 581 times)

Just Craig

To remain injury free

To lace them up and get out there, even in the cold

If I do the first two 1000 miles should be in sight

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

workinprogress11

1.  Remain injury free

2.  2013 in 2013- this is kind of a gimme since my goal this year was 1012 in 2012 and I crushed that by about 800 miles.

3.  Sub 2 HM

4.  Enough of an improvement in my marathon time that a BQ doesn't seem completely out of the question in the next few years.

Non-running related:  Quit the job that is sucking the life out of me.

1) 30 + average per week until new cycle starts

1.1) 1600 miles

2) develop more sound cross training options

3) Healthy, succesful training for first marathon

4) PR in the half 1:45, 5K - under 21:00

5) start a shoe company that doesnt change models/versions....EVER

6) to the moon......and beyond....

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rungry!

1. Maintain my weight loss.

2. Finish a Half Marathon.

3. PR on a 5K.

4. 1200 miles, baby!

Jen

kitteh

I have no idea what my running goals for 2013 ought to be, as the whole having-a-baby-at-the-beginning-of-summer thing is going to throw a wrench in any plans I make. During my first year of running I got in around 500 miles for the year. This year I'm going to get in something like 875. So far running is still going well because I'm carrying pretty high, but I have no idea how long my body will cooperate and I don't want to make any goals about how many weeks into my pregnancy I'll continue to run, because it's really not something I can control.I also have no idea how long I will need to take off after giving birth. I wasn't a runner when I had Ela and didn't get into running until she was a year old, so I have no frame of reference.

I feel like I SHOULD make some goals, though, because I'm a very goal-oriented person but also tend to give in easily to "excuses" for being lazy and eating poorly when I don't have a plan and accountability. So this is what I've got so far:

*Complete the LA 13.1 on January 13th, 2013 with little or no walking. I'm hoping to finish somewhere between 2:30 and 2:40, but lately I've been needing to take lots of pit-stops on my runs, so who knows about that.

*Continue running for as long as my body cooperates and when running becomes too taxing switch to run/walking and maybe eventually just walking. I should be able to get in walks of a few miles at a time, right up until I deliver.

*Assuming that labor and delivery go as expected, get back into running as soon as the doctor gives me the green light. I think I'll start the walking back up as early as a week or two after the birth, hopefully running as soon as 4-6 weeks after.

*Complete my first post-partum race at the Santa Monica 5000 in October 2013. Not sure if I'll do the 5k or 10k, we'll see.

Everything else is just too up in the air to pin down yet. :/

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Start a HM

Finish a HM

Run 1,200miles for the year.

Survive DD wedding.

bobruns

Remain injury free

Remain injury free

Remain injury free

Continue to enjoy my injury free running!!!

Oh yeah...get to the start line of a HM, injury free, by the end of the year or don't get there at all.

Remain injury free...(it really is much more enjoyable this way)

Docket_Rocket

I am still not sure what your goals are. Joking

May you run injury free forever.

Remain injury free

Remain injury free

Remain injury free

Continue to enjoy my injury free running!!!

Oh yeah...get to the start line of a HM, injury free, by the end of the year or don't get there at all.

Remain injury free...(it really is much more enjoyable this way)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

• Heal
                    • Run
                    • Tri
                    • Stay healed 

Mmmmm...beer

Don't get hurt!

2500 miles

Sub-20 & sub-19 5Ks (hoping to knock out the first one on Mon)

Sub-1:30 half

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

To get back into running and establish a good training base.

To complete my transition to a more minimal shoe .

Try to race again.

No injuries.

1) Don't get injured.

2) Run over 1,300 miles.

3) Achieve PR's in 5K, 10K, 15K, 10 mile and HM distances.

KreegSauceRuns

No injuries and complete the Massanutten 100 Miler

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

My goals are to remain uninjured (I’m currently at 13 months and counting), to run 1750 miles or more, get my marathon PR, my half PR and a 5k PR.

dallison

registered pw

Oh boy,i have a lofty but i think obtainable list.

I want to run 1400 miles for the year, run at least one sub 19 minute 5k with most being under 19:30. I want to run a half in under 1:30 and run a full in under 3:30, but really in under 3:20.

I want to have my wife run under a 24:30 also.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half