Beginners and Beyond

4 out of 5 Sunday Penguins (Read 27 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

4 out of 5 miles said stop but I kept going for 7 long this morning.

Zelanie

Nice job, PAD!  Looks like you've been able to build your mileage up really consistently!

My first race since April is today, but it doesn't start for 5 more hours.  There may be a thunderstorm.  Or maybe just rain.  Or maybe not.  I've had my oatmeal and banana, and coffee is ready.  Now, I wait.

hog4life

PAD, great job pushing through.

Today should be a RD, but surprisely, my legs don't feel too bad this morning after yesterday's 18 miler, so maybe I'll do an easy 2-3 run/walk with Bella. The weather here in N Bama is gorgeous!

hog4life

Good luck Zel, hoping the weather holds off for you.

Zelanie

Thanks, Mitch.  I  am remembering that one race you ran where you just got soaked.

That's awesome that you ran 18 yesterday!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

PAD: Nice run! I see a lot of PRs coming your way.

Zel: What race are you doing? Good luck.

Hog: Great 18!!! That is just too cool. Smile

I just did a nice 12 miles at an 8:31 pace. This marathon training is funny; after running 16 miles last Sunday I saw on my schedule that I "only" had 12 today. Piece of cake!  Never would I have thought...

Have a good day Pens. Now I have a date with my chair and newspaper.

Zelanie

I can't wait until 12 is an "only".  I am just doing a small local 5K.  I think it might be the first year for the race, and it's scheduled within 2 weeks of some more popular races.  Even among the local runners, I don't know anybody planning to run this one.  So I could be first woman or DFL, hehe.  Or both!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  18 miles with the last 10@MP Done.

93F and 77DP at 5am made it really hard.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

Morning everyone.

Good job for getting miles done, PADrunner.

Zelanie, best of luck with your race! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Mitch, 18 miles!!! Wow. Enjoy your run/walk if you get to. Hope the cooler weather you all seem to be getting up there, pays us a vissit in LA.

Jack, have a wonderful day!

I only need 1.7 miles to hit my weekly goal. I will probably do 2, or 30 minutes, whichever I manage. Legs are sore from my outdoor run. I'm sure that will get easier.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck Mel. 25:00 min PR?  Pouring here, but I'll find a way to extend the streak.

Nice running, Mitch, Jack, D, and Pad. Go get those 2 miles Coralie.

Zelanie

I'm hoping for 24:45 or better.  That would be sub-8 average pace.  Not sure if that's realistic or not.

hog4life

Morning!  18 miles with the last 10@MP Done.

93F and 77DP at 5am made it really hard.

You should have been here yesterday for our 18, I would not have been able to finish it in what you had today. We were 55F and very low DP, didn't check it, but it was really nice.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Had a great 9 mile run this morning. It was 45 degrees when I started and 52 when I finished Big grin Favorite running weather!!!!! Did an out and back on the trail along a canal by my parents' house, it was lovely and so peaceful. Maintained an 11:28 pace without having to push myself much so I was thrilled with that.....and nothing hurt. I'm back Big grin Feeling so much better than I have for the past few weeks!!!! 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I was out in the yard and look what I found. I heard they were around here but this is the first time we have seen one.