Beginners and Beyond

4 out of 5 Sunday Penguins (Read 27 times)

Dad on the run.

Docket and Mitch - Great job on your LRs yesterday

PAD - Good job pushing through to get your 7 in.

Jack - that's crazy! cool looking though Smile

AFM - I went out and ran/walked with the wife lastnight. I stayed with her in case she got to feeling to bad and needed my help getting back home, she ran about 2.4 miles and walked the other 1.1 Was such a nice night out though and really enjoyed the time out with her.

Planning on another 3.5 tonight by myself.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

Jack Angry

My super slow internet loaded that line by line. I was thinking, hmm, much be a snake, hope it's not a spid.....NOOOOOOOOOOO

GinnyinPA

Just a tarantula - nothing to worry about!

Envious of your long runs - except for Damaris: that sounds like hell on earth.

Kristin, I'm glad you are getting your mojo back.

Zel - good luck on your race.  You are ambitious today!

Jimmy - I'm glad your wife is able to keep running, despite the pregnancy.  How long does the doctor recommend that she continue?

PAD - nice mileage.

Coralie - sounds like you are doing well these days too.  Hopefully autumn will appear in your neck of the woods soon.  I visited NO in late September once, and it was lovely then.

Mitch - hope you get a nice short recovery run today.  I can't imagine feeling good after 18, though I never had any problems with my legs after 13, it was just during that I had problems, and that was mostly energy, not pain.

Jack - Nice when 12 feels easy, though at your pace it takes a lot less time than it does me.

Jerry - hope you got a break in the rain.

Our camping trip was lovely.  We went somewhere new - a state park with only 12 campsites by a creek.  It was quite cool - today it was only 62 at 11:30 a.m.  Our 7 mile hike yesterday felt great.  Thanks to the drought, autumn is starting early this year.  The hills are already turning yellow and red and the grasses are dropping seeds and burrs like mad.  Our dog helped propagate a lot of species.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Went inside for 3 miles with some fartleks.  Sounds like a nice camping trip Ginny.

Docket_Rocket

Now that I can breathe again after seeing that fucking tarantula Jack posted, I can inform you that I ran 3 miles with hubby, his longest run since his shin splints bout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hey folks, back from my 5K.  My official time was 24:25, good enough for 3rd woman, 2nd AG, and 6th OA (out of 29, hehe).  The printout says I ran a 7:52 pace, but my Garmin says the course was .15 short and that I was really 30 seconds slower.  On the other hand, I've run this course before and it's been good.  But I wonder- was the starting line really up the block last time?   I can't remember.  I do think the GPS was a bit funky because of the weather.  I looked at the map and it is wobbly, and shows me cutting all the corners.  So maybe I really did it?  I don't know!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats Zel!!!!!!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

tracilynn

Nice job zel!

Jack, aww he's precious Smile

I did 3 this morning.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

I got 1 mile while marking a 1/4 mile track for my GS's. It's an out and back that keeps them on their own block, and within stop signs. This will allow my DIL to watch them and help me log their miles for the kids marathon in December. I then did 3 miles when I got home with Bella.

Ginny, it was really weird, I expected to be wiped out. My quads are the most sore, and once I got moving and they loosened up, it wasn't bad at all. I might just try the 20 miler the ladies have planned week after next. It's not quite on my "plan" yet, but I'll need to do a couple before Dec.

Dad on the run.

3.5 miles @ 9:23m/m. Leg felt GREAT!!!!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

GinnyinPA

I did my first outdoor run since my injury this afternoon.  I've been doing one or two wogs on the TM each week for the past month,  with only a little pain, and today's cool weather inspired me to get outdoors finally.  I had forgotten how much harder it is to run when there are hills.  Yikes!  I jog/walked the easiest of my neighborhood loops, and it still kicked my tail.  I couldn't breathe and felt completely wiped out at the end.  I'm back to feeling like a complete newbie.  Of course, the fact that it was a mile longer than any of my TM runs didn't help.  I had no pain while running (except the lungs) but I'm definitely feeling it after.

Funny, the things that made me such a successful long distance hiker - my stubbornness and ability to withstand a fair amount of discomfort - are really working against me as a runner.  On the trails I had to hike through pain, knowing that it would get better as I got in better condition or it would get worse as I increased my daily miles but it would still be bearable.  Persistence carried me up and down a lot of mountains for thousands of miles.  But that kind of stubbornness is really working against me now.

Bin Running

Mitch, 18Miles! wow!! So awesome..

Mel, congrats on the PR.

Ginny, hope your recovery is going well.. I would say determination rather than stubborness..

10K done.. Not a PR but sub 50 at a "hilly" route.. I don't do any hills so a little slope will slow me down a lot.. The weather was good.. cool and overcast for a late by our standard flag-off..Didn't really push myself hard enough and still have energy to do a 4M recovery after that..

Forgotten to press stop on Garmin (but I think I did).. Runkeeper said 49:35 but still waiting for official.. Quite a cool race with the ending in the prison compound.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Bin!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Great job, Bin!

Thanks, Damaris.. Can't believe I am 10 weeks away from the full.. Nervous..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Congratulations, Bin!  I wore my Halo headband in my race today. Smile  It isn't the same model, but I figured I needed all the help I could get!