Beginners and Beyond

National Anthem Penguin Tuesday (Read 25 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

on my way to badass

Good morning Penguins!  Thanks for starting us off Scotty.  I'm going to do my miles this afternoon.  I am totally lacking ambition.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On March 3, 1931, the Star Spangled Banner was officially designated by Congress as the US National Anthem

March 3 is also "I Want You To Be Happy" Day...

And, finally, it is "If Pets Had Thumbs Day".....

If Pets Had Thumbs Day Images

Today is Tuesday, which means...Hill Day for me.   Warmer today in San Antonio - going t0 62 degrees today - but also very humid and rainy...a very dreary day here, no sunshine.  Probably will get wet on my run/walk but at least it won't be a cold rain, thankfully.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

StoneFence, I totally lack mojo most of the time, but maybe it's ambition too.

Scotty, awww at the pets.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty, I expect you to write a song for us to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner! Wink

SF, happy running this afternoon.  Try coffee?

Damaris, enjoy the run and pilates.

Tuesday morning means run club for me.  I'll probably run 4-5.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Freezing rain...it's springtime!!!

Track for us this afternoon.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty, I expect you to write a song for us to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner! Wink

SF, happy running this afternoon.  Try coffee?

Damaris, enjoy the run and pilates.

Tuesday morning means run club for me.  I'll probably run 4-5.

OK, you asked for it!

O, say can you see by the dawn's early light,

All the penguins running after the night?

Whose strong legs and brave heart through the run

Carry them forward until the miles are done!

Neither the sun's bright glare or bird droppings from the air

Will stop our runners from getting there!

O, say does our Penguin runners ever keep their waddling flight,

With a "never give up" attitude, morning, noon, or night!

Brilliant

OK, you asked for it!

Fantastic!  I'll memorize it to inspire myself at mile 20 of my marathon.

Speaking of marathons...PAD, where's your RR of your marathon-downgraded-to-half?  Loved the related 5k RR. Smile

Jerry, have a great track run.

Zelanie

Scotty is our poet laureat!  Nice job!

Stayed out of trouble yesterday.  Now we'll see if I can do it again today.  Track tonight, probably 3 x 1600.

PADRunner

Morning, 5 done this morning. Probably will not make the group workout tonight.

tracilynn

Morning

nice job Scotty, maybe a rap song to "8 mile" next?

I pretty much missed all of last week on my HM plan due to calf needling and winter weather. Back on it today. 6x1000s I think and I'm worried because I had a hard time just running my easy pace last week 

Near 70 today and ice storm and snow tomorrow night 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Hi all!

Ran 3 this morning in misty air, which actually smelled like Spring. It's getting closer...

PT appointment after work - found one just around the corner from work so it will be much more convenient.

Loved the new lyrics, Scotty. Fun, family fact: my grandpa is buried next to Francis Scott Key in Arlington National Cemetery. 

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Penguins!!  Work is busy this week, so not a lot to say about that.  My to-do list keeps growing!!  Possibly wintry mix this afternoon, but I don't believe it.  I think it's just going to rain, and I'm fairly happy about that, because my car is filthy!

Stone -- have some good miles this afternoon, and I hope your ambition shows up!!

Scotty -- SOOOO glad my pets don't have thumbs!!  They get into enough trouble as it is.  Have a good hill day!!

Docket -- enjoy your 6 and Pilates!!  (Laughing, because I first typed "Enjoy your 67!")

Brilliant -- enjoy the club run!!

Jerryb -- have a good track meet!!

Zelanie -- I think two days in a row out of trouble is asking too much!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 5 done!!

traci -- Hope your run feels easy today!!

Kathleen -- Awesome news on the PT!!  Hope your 3 went well!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Today is DD1's 18th birthday and we ALWAYS take the kids out on their birthdays. I wanted to run a few super easy miles today but it may have to wait until tomorrow. We'll see about the HM on Sunday.  The big question is should I embarrass (not intentionally, of course) DD1 with a birthday picture collage on FB? Hmmmm...

Have a good day.

Docket_Rocket

Very nice of you, giving 61 extra miles, pffttt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page