Beginners and Beyond

Warning Weekend Penguins Running (Read 8 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looks like a long day for my Cyclones down there, PAD Sad

PADRunner

Miserable 10k this morning but pulled off a 7 second PR...

Looks like a long day for my Cyclones down there, PAD Sad

The frogs taking it to them?

Zelanie

Congrats, PAD! 

I ran 5.6 with the dogs in the rain.

GinnyinPA

PAD - too hot, or just hard because you ran it fast?  Congratulations on the PR.

Z - nice rainy run with the dogs.

I took yesterday off to rest the foot/blood blister and to wait for family who came to visit.  They stayed until after lunch today, so I'll go for a run later when lunch has digested. It was supposed to be a LR, but sleep was sparse, so I may wait on that after a decent night's sleep.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hey Pens!

Still busy packing and such.  Our closing is on Thursday.  I haven't been running because I (of course) tweaked my back a bit lifting stuff I shouldn't have.  Blerg.  I set out for my long run yesterday anyway and had to turn back super early.  My whole body just felt terrible.   I'm thinking odds of marathon = 10% at this point.  I am tempted to still do it but run walk with an extremely slow friend and just have fun.  I guess it depends on how my back is doing.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

PAD - too hot, or just hard because you ran it fast?  Congratulations on the PR.

Z - nice rainy run with the dogs.

I took yesterday off to rest the foot/blood blister and to wait for family who came to visit.  They stayed until after lunch today, so I'll go for a run later when lunch has digested. It was supposed to be a LR, but sleep was sparse, so I may wait on that after a decent night's sleep.

It was just hot & humid 80 with 65 dp. I was soaked by the end. Not normal for mid September.

GinnyinPA

We've got about the same weather (82 with a DP of 69 this afternoon), but I wasn't trying to race, fortunately.  I ended up doing my 11 miles today because at least it was cloudy, while the rest of the week is supposed to be hotter and sunny besides. It was a pretty miserable run, but at least I got it done. I'm looking forward to October.