Beginners and Beyond

My attempt at healthy eating (or: Kay loses her thumb) (Read 178 times)

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Ouch!

This is why I don't cook.  Well, much.  I'll pay $ to have stuff prepared for me & save myself a thumb.  I'm such a klutz, I'd slice it right off.  And I'd be begging the doc for the pain meds.

Angela 

Little Blue

I can injure myself with most any sharp object.  Once I approached my DH with a bandaid and a paper towel around my hand.  He said "been cooking again?"  Angry  But your injury made my insides cringe.  I don't own a mandoline, and will never be allowed.  I'm OK with that.

Your cooking pictures are impressive, but even more is that you typed all that with only one thumb.  I assume there is still a large bandage on the dead crack head's big toe.

i stabbed through a finger once. it barely missed the bone. IT was on a saturday and I had plans to go to a concert. I had already started drinking, so there was not stopping the blood. I ended getting a ton of gauze and some water proof tape to make a baboon finger. Good concert that night. also the finger made for some good conversation.

I still have the scar that is like 10 years old.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Hip Redux

The good news is that little thumb piece is totally paleo.

DCDan78

I decided to try to do at least 75% paleo.  Please, spare me opinions, that's not what this thread is about.   

You must be new here.  Welcome to the Forum.

Oh, and ouch!

MrNamtor

And that grows back too so it's basically free meat.

delicate flower

I find all this talk of baboon thumb offensive.

<3

Kay,

I did exactly the same thing and have a nice scar to show for it.  May be hard to see in this picture.

Rather than screaming, I almost passed out - and had to drive myself to the ER in a car with a manual transmission.  Fun Times

Hope it heals up well.

ETA - sorry for the Ginormous thumb.  Made it smaller for the original post but it was still huge.  Shrunk it a bit more with this edit.

You can call me Anna

Better I Leave

Thanks for the tip.

Sorry about the thumb.. The recipes look good.

StepbyStep-SH

Another BTDT - I have a scar just like the one in Anna's picture from about 17 years ago. And just thinking about it today about made me pass out again - which I almost did a few days after cutting it when a friend was helping me change the bandage. I thought "I'm just slicing a couple potatoes, why bother with that doohickey that you are supposed to stick the food on?" Oh. That's why.

Thanks for the recipes, though! I want to try making some of those freezer crockpot meals to give to a friend, along with a crockpot, on her birthday, and I want to try to the roasted chickpea on. I made some chili lime chickpeas, but the honey cinnamon ones sound like something I could send with DS in his lunch.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ultra Cowboy

Text exchange made me smile. Glad you and your hubby have a sense of humor.  Heal up quick...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Gives new meaning to the term "finger food"!

Hope you heal up quick and remember alcohol acts as a pain killer and kills germs too!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Hip Redux

Thanks for the tip.

I see what you did there!