Beginners and Beyond

Avast me mateys, thar be Thurday penguins about! (Read 30 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

Mmmmm...beer

Mornin' PAD!

8.3 done this morning, coffee infusion in progress. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day!!!  That should go over well with my humor challenged boss.  5 hours to the weekend, then we run.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

3 last night....would have done more but I had just awful heartburn. More tonight and then yoga.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Hey all, no run lastnight. I did however manage to get to the gym right after work and did Bi's and Tri's. Planning on 5 after work, no gym today.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

We finally are getting some really good rain, which is cooling things down.   Will only be a high of 86 - 90 today, so plan on doing a run after work, probably a hill route.

Holidays for September 19th are:

Butterscotch Pudding Day

Arrrr - Talk Like A Pirate Day

Wife Appreciation Day

"Big Whopper" of a Lie Day

Mickey Mouse Day - His first cartoon was shown today in 1928

KEYWORD1  2009-10-09  doctor  doctors  surgeon  surgeons  operation  operations  surgery  surgeries

KEYWORD1  2001-11-07  fish  ocean  oceans  sea  seas  water  wet  beach

Mickey Mouse cartoons, Mickey Mouse cartoon, Mickey Mouse picture, Mickey Mouse pictures, Mickey Mouse image, Mickey Mouse images, Mickey Mouse illustration, Mickey Mouse illustrations

KEYWORD1  2012-08-23  pirate  pirates  injury  injuries  patch  patches  eye patch  eye patches

KEYWORD1  2010-11-05  cat  cats  feline  felines  animal  animals  mammal  mammals

pirate cartoons, pirate cartoon, pirate picture, pirate pictures, pirate image, pirate images, pirate illustration, pirate illustrations

pirate cartoons, pirate cartoon, pirate picture, pirate pictures, pirate image, pirate images, pirate illustration, pirate illustrations

husbands and wives cartoons, husbands and wives cartoon, husbands and wives picture, husbands and wives pictures, husbands and wives image, husbands and wives images, husbands and wives illustration, husbands and wives illustrations

husbands and wives cartoons, husbands and wives cartoon, husbands and wives picture, husbands and wives pictures, husbands and wives image, husbands and wives images, husbands and wives illustration, husbands and wives illustrations

dog, marriage, treat, sex, expectation, behavior, flirting,

KEYWORD1  1992-03-09  albert  husband  husbands  wife  wives  marriage  marriages  marital

KEYWORD1  2010-02-28  computer  computers  technology  software  internet  www  world wide web  web

KEYWORD1  2011-07-17  pinocchio  parody  parodies  lie  lies  lying  disney  disney character

KEYWORD1  1996-09-21  husband  husbands  wife  wives  marriage  marriages  relationship  relationshi

KEYWORD1  2012-11-20  family  parent  parents  parenting  mom  moms  mother  mothers

tall tales cartoons, tall tales cartoon, tall tales picture, tall tales pictures, tall tales image, tall tales images, tall tales illustration, tall tales illustrations

KEYWORD1  2004-05-07  medical  medicine  doctor  doctors   physician  physicians   surgery  surgerie

pudding cartoons, pudding cartoon, pudding picture, pudding pictures, pudding image, pudding images, pudding illustration, pudding illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

9 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Arrrgh! It be a balmy day on the seas for 3 speedy lengths, but thar be change in th' seven seas to'morrow.

tracilynn

ARRRRRRR!

Supposedly if you go by Long John Silver today and place your order in a pirate voice you get a free piece of fish.

My little boy wants to be Captain Hook for halloween.  He is 4.  ALL HE TALKS ABOUT IS THE FEATHER IN THE HAT.  i think we could just go get him a cheap hat and glue a feather on it and he'd be happy.  We could just get him a pimp hat, I guess Smile He doesnt care about the rest of the costume.  Ha!

Got up and did an easy 3.5 miles this morning before sunrise.  Saw 7 deer &  a hawk that chirped at me as I ran by.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ummm... Ahoy, Pens.

Scotty: Did you say rain? Don't make me jealous. We did have two small earthquakes early this morning, but rain would be better!  And isn't every day "Wife Appreciation Day?"

Traci: you can also get your son a red velvet suit to go with the hat and he will never know the difference! Wink

Tonight I am running 8 miles at an 8:30ish pace.  Have a good day.

Bin Running

Morning guys!

13M+ from my place to mum's. If you suggested this last year, I would think you are crazy. Hee

Still cough a little but much better. Hopefully on its last leg now.

Cherie, that sketch last night was so beautiful.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Kaycee didn't eat supper last night, but she was pretty vocal about breakfast this morning, so she's definitely on the mend.  And she came upstairs after breakfast (where she demanded more breakfast) and then hopped up on our bed, which is her usual spot.  So now we just have to convince her that she has 12 more days of antibiotics ...
                          Chorus tonight, woo-hoo!!

D2 -- mm, coffee infusion!!

Jerryb -- have fun annoying the boss!!

kristin -- have fun with miles and yoga tonight!!

jblack -- have a good run!!

Scotty -- woo-hoo for rain!!

Docket -- have a good 9 tonight!!

PAD -- enjoy the change on the seas!!

traci -- nice wildlife!!  

Jack -- have a good 8!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your long run!!  (At least to me it's long!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear the kitty is on the mend, Hope.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

PAD, morning..

Dave, congrats on the miles..

Jerry, your friday is always earlier than others..

Kristin, enjoy the run & yoga later..

Jimmy, are you still on the tone or flat abs in 30 days regime?

Scotty, I like Mickey mouse..

Damaris, Enjoy the 9 later.

Traci, Captian hook is cool too.. no parrot?

Jack, you seem to be well into Pfitz.. can't wait to read your RR

Hopesmom, glad that Kaycee is recovering well from that kidney infection..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Today is Mid Autumn festival for Chinese.. We believed that there's a fairy on the moon and she has a bunny to keep her company.. How bizarre?! haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar