Beginners and Beyond

Superbowl Sundailies (Read 32 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Damn it's early. Why do races have to start so early in the morning? Up early to run a half this morning. Will probably just treat it as a long run and hangout with one of my friends, who is doing 6 pre-race because of marathon training.

Anyone have a rooting interest in the big game? I don't really care. I guess I should be a good alumni and cheer for the Falcons since their coach went to the same school I did for undergrad.

LRB

Anyone have a rooting interest in the big game? 

Nope. It's one of those years where I am completely indifferent. Although the potential Kraft, Goodell, Brady drama would be nice to see, especially if Kraft shows up hammered again. That was cringe-worthy. Smile

No more marathons

Damn it's early. Why do races have to start so early in the morning? Up early to run a half this morning. Will probably just treat it as a long run and hangout with one of my friends, who is doing 6 pre-race because of marathon training.

Anyone have a rooting interest in the big game? I don't really care. I guess I should be a good alumni and cheer for the Falcons since their coach went to the same school I did for undergrad.

Come on down to Asheville - I've got a 5K in two weeks that has a 2:30 PM start time.

Is there a game today?  (Shows my interest in the NFL).  I'll tune in for Lady Gaga half time and if the score is close I'll watch the second half.  Probably root for Atlanta since they are close and my impression is that Brady's a dick.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I am pretty much sports indifferent.  I wouldn't mind if the patriots lose, but whatever.

I ran 10.1 miles.  I went down off the ridge again, but I ran the hill all the way down and up today. Well, ran might be overstating it.  But, I didnt walkSmile.

Enjoy your foosball Bobby Boucher.

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Oh, meant to add - SRD but I might jog a few miles just to get some blood flowing - day after a long run (no laughing please) my legs are always shot.

Have  fun at the half 2.0

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

He's a leaker!

Based on my weekday wakeup times, pretty much any weekend race time lets me sleep in, as long as it's not too far away. Which it's usually not unless it's a marathon. And my issue with some marathons has been starting too late - if it's going to be remotely warm out, I'd much rather start at 7:00 than 8:00. Although my last one started at 8:45, which I thought was crazy, but it worked out - (1) I was in a hotel 1/2 mile from the start and slept like a mofo; (2) I BQ'd like a mofo.

Guess I should say have fun rather than good luck, if you are not racing it. I have never tried doing a race that I was not racing (although sometimes the results make it seem otherwise).

Don't care who wins; in a case like this, I usually start watching & find myself rooting for one of them. But mainly hoping for a well-played, competitive game. With two notable exceptions, this playoff season has been filled with awful games.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning.  We're skiing Breckenridge again today.  Less trees, more wide open bowls in high elevation.  We'll be off the mountain in time to watch the Super Bowl.  4:20 start out here....sweet!  Go Patriots.

Fun day yesterday at Keystone.  I took a hard fall at the end of the day.  I hit a huge hole I didn't see and landed on my ribs.  Now my upper rib cage is hurty and I probably bruised some ribs.  I'll just need to push through today.

Good times.

<3

delicate flower

By the way I brought my run gear with me but I'll be putting up a goose egg this week (sorry, DaveP!).  Too tired to run, but I am also enjoying the time off from swim/bike/run.

<3

Cyberic

Ran 14.6 @ 7:50 with an avg hr of 131 bpm. Cardio felt great but legs were tired. There's always something.

69.6 miles for the week.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That was way more trail than easy rail trail. Holy hills. It's a win that I didn't fall.

Cyberic

That was way more trail than easy rail trail. Holy hills. It's a win that I didn't fall.

A win is a win!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a bike ride on the trainer, probably while watching the Super Bowl.

Races have to start here at 6am or it would be 90F by the time the sun is out.  Then there is PR, where they start races at 3pm even in 100F.

Damaris

LRB

I managed to consume enough calories, yesterday, overnight and this morning to give me the strength to get out of here and run 11 geezus.

LRB

Now this: